1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

"Muslim gets owned on radio station"

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by gerry_bhoy, Apr 7, 2010.

Discuss "Muslim gets owned on radio station" in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerry_bhoy

Couldn't think how to title the thread so just used that of the youtube vid.

[​IMG][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkB8DGKoxQw[/youtube]

I don't mean this to become an anti-Islam thread and get closed so please keep it sensible. I've grown up a tolerant and maybe naive person all my life but in recent years i've thought about this alot more.

But I think what this guy says is completely spot on, its pretty much what ive been thinking but was unable to articulate into an argument.

Its all very well saying "oh but all muslims aren't alike, theres just a few bad apples". But when are the supposedly good muslims going to stand up and publically voice their dissaproval of the extremists amongst them, and weed them out of their religion. How come it is only when someone speaks ill of Islam that the muslim word goes up in arms?

They have to take responsibility. How come I, as a citizen in a Western country am held accountable for the actions of the government and shot callers just because I was born and choose to live here? That is the attitude and justification behind indiscriminate terrorist attacks. I remember even watching a video where a Brum born and raised muslim spouted that nonsense in his suicide video before the London tube attacks.

Yet that responsibility can't be applied to them? Imagine someone rolled a grenade into a British mosque and said "thats for 7/7". The reverse is seemingly unthinkable yet thats the logic of a terrorist attack.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2010
  2. Kollontai COYBIG Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The host is a complete arsepiece but he makes some fair points.

EDIT: Who is he by the way? Far to biased.

3. gerry_bhoy

He sounds a bit of an * for the first 1 min, but after that I can't fault a thing he says.

No idea who it is mate, just found it looking for prank calls :icon_mrgreen:

4. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    makes some fair points but you cant tar everyone with the same brush

5. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Precisely.

A suitable analogy would be to say that Islamic Extremists are to Islam, as the KKK is to Christianity.

6. Frank_the_bhoy

Guy is bang on the money there. :50:

7. celtic_bhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjälby
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    But Gerry mate. When are YOU going to stand up publicly and weed out the warmongering goverment in your country? It's easy to tell them what they should be doing when we can be doing the same.

Sadly for both peoples it's the men in the shaddows controlling it all. The unaccountable ones. On our side the problem isn't Brown, Blair, Obama, Bush etc it's the unelected ones behind them. On the other side it's not the Osamas of the world it's his puppet master.

Doesn't mean we can't win.

8. HunSkelper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
  9. The Celtbot

I don't think it's fair to hold muslims accountable for things extremists do. I mean there are some pretty radical "so-called christians" here in the south that do some really crazy and stupid things. I don't feel that I have to speak out against them, I often don't even think that many of them either get it or are really Christians. I also don't think practicing catholics should have to either speak out against the recent "controversies" in the news. Asking a Muslim what they think of the extremists is like asking a Catholic what they think of all the allegations against the priests lately. Of course you're going hear each party condemning the acts.

I remember meeting a Turkish exchange student who was staying with one of my wife's uncles and when I shook his hand as he was saying where he was from, he made a point of saying that he was a good muslim and that he wasn't a terrorist, lol. It's sad when people feel compelled to explain that to people, it should be rather obvious, but I'm sure in his case it isn't obvious to many people that he's met here in the States.

10. Degen

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik, Lubo
    :87:

11. celtic20083

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big jan, Caldwell, Naylor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willey Malley
    How many wives do you have?! But in all seriousness, you get extremists in all walks of life and all faiths, be them muslims, christians, even jewish terrorists. By the way, I gave up listening to the video after about a minute as the host was such a *

12. Mr. Slippyfist

guy was spot on ! u only ever see muslims demonstrating wen they have been offended wearin ther suicide vests at rallys in london * scumbags why do you never see them in mass numbers callin for an end to islam extremists im sure not all of them condone it but they do turn a blind eye to what probably goes on in mosques

13. P R D

Only after we lock up all those kiddie-fiddling bead-rattling Papes. You don't see them doing anything to stop it, they must be held accountable!

Then all those Palestinian-murdering Jews, then all those Jew-murdering Krauts, then those honkeys who inherited the results of the Atlantic Slave Trade ...

See where this * leads?

14. Degen

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik, Lubo
    :50:

'Zactly.

15. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Islam is a peaceful religion. There are extremists yeah but you cant say all muslims are evil. The host is a horrible racist *

Evangelicals kill abortion doctors in the UD. Is Protestantism evil? No.

Sikh and Hindu Indians kill Muslim Indians. Are they evil religions? No
    it's all very well saying good muslims should weed out the bad apples. did irish catholics shop the IRA to the RUC. No. So is Catholicism evil?

16. angiebowie

Why should good muslims have to stand up and show there worth because of a handful of extremists. They are not responsible nor do they condone the actions of extremists.

17. Frank_the_bhoy

They get all ruffled about a cartoon but when someone flys a plane into the twin towers it's nothing to do with them.

If they tryed speaking up and being up in arms against these extreamists and try doing somthing about it then mabye we wouldn't be having to watch our backs in our own country.

It's about time they took responsability for the actions of there peaceful faith.

18. angiebowie

For all the extremists know, there were muslims in the twin towers, in the pentagon, on the londonbus, in the london tube stations.

They are just as much at risks from there terrorists as we are.

So I take every catholic has to stand up and take responsibility for the murders the IRA commited?

Or prodestants haver to take resposibility for the murders the UVF have commited?

No, of course they dont, because those people who commited those murders are a small minority of there overall religion.

I think to say they should have to apologise to us western people (bearing in mind a vast majority of mulims in britain are british) is ridiculous, intolerant and quite frankly racist.

19. The Celtbot

Haha

One wife, more than one uncle, that's what I meant :50:

20. djw1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    In all fairness Islam is a peaceful religion but it is being used by the anti western world lot as an excuse for jihad.That doesn't represent all muslims. I know a few muslims and they are decent law abiding citizens.Decent family people....who just so happen to be Celtic fans. The radio presenter does make good points though.The die hard sharia muslims want to take over, there's no doubt in that. Their peaceful religion clearly has no regard for non muslims. Having said that though all religions have people who will skew the religion to fit a means to start a war so they are all as bad as each other imo.

I like how the presenter brought up the twin towers thing. For anyone who's interested in a different point of view go watch Zeitgeist at Zeitgeist - The Movie .Long film but an eye opener

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.