1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Music Production

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by ORIGINALS, Nov 4, 2015.

Discuss Music Production in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ORIGINALS

Anyone else on here * producers? Bought myself FL not too long ago and i'm really enjoying * around on it. Coming up with ideas isn't so much a problem but the technical side of production, although i'm getting better with time, is a challenge, i never really thought about the skill that goes into making electronic music before. Anyone else share this hobby?

2. Jinky1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Anything by the Wolfetones
    I did audio production in college years ago. Hated it to be honest and the large mixing desks are confusing. If I record music these days its a simple microphone on the guitar amp to the pc and soundforge.

3. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Just got the audio DAW Reaper (only £56 for life but if you're using it for non commercial work then it's 100% free to use..forever). It's a bit fiddly to learn as a beginner but it's defo got a lot of potential and I've seen numerous audio jobs advertised that say they want you to know Reaper. After the game, I'll be back on you tube tutorials.
    https://www.reaper.fm/index.php

4. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Not electronic music but I've done a bit over the years. Started getting back into it over lockdown when gigs were a no-no and have a tendency to get infatuated with it for a while then fall away from it.

Like @NakamuraTastic I also use Reaper. Extremely powerful DAW that is light on processing power which is handy as my laptop is as absolute pants.

The real challenge is mixing to a good standard. To hear your work accurately you need a properly treated room and expensive monitors, or at least good headphones and the patience to check your mixes on multiple systems. It's so easy to miss a * frequency on a less than adequate setup.

All depends what you want out it though, constructing EDM tunes seems a lot of fun, but I've too many songs needing recorded to even think about trying it haha.

5. Kaleb Tevlev

6. Kaleb Tevlev

7. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I just started. Bought a Midi controller. I've tried a few DAW's but Garageband is the one i enjoy using as it is much easier to use then the other ones imo.

8. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Used to do a lot of FL but moved away from it. Didn't want to sit at a PC all day then come home and do the same.

FL is a tremendous Daw but a lot seem to turn the nose up. AdamSzabo does a class VST called Viper (similar to Virus) that you might wanna check out.

Also really rate Matt Lange's sample packs for stuff a bit more techy

https://splice.com/sounds/splice/matt-lange-pack

Otherwise