1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Motherwell Vs Celtic Sunday 18/03/2018 - 14:15 Kickoff

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Blochairnbhoy, Mar 12, 2018.

Discuss Motherwell Vs Celtic Sunday 18/03/2018 - 14:15 Kickoff in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    League s in the bag anyway,Think the frustrating thing recently has been
    We played hearts at Celtic park steamrollered them 3-1 going on 7-1, great performance, you think we can kick on now, then 4 days later lose at Kilmarnock
    Beat zenit 1-0 should have been more, great performance, were kicking on ,then draw 0-0 with st Johnstone
    Scud Dons at pittodrie, great 10 men display against Huns then a 0-0 against 10 men Motherwell
    To be fair we've won the games that matter, but just been stop, start a lot without a good wee consistent run of form

Lilac Wine likes this.
  2. Trequartista

What a dross game and performance.

No urgency, no tempo, no creativity. Frustrating doesn’t even cut it.

Armstrong came on and kept giving the ball away and don’t get me started on Sinclair not squaring it. Beyond criminal. Only positives are that we didn’t lose and that Roberts is back. Only player that looked as if they’d get us a goal.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  3. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    They are athletes but there is different levels to being one. Last season we played at a level and intensity unknown to many members of the sqaud in their whole careers beforehand. Its not as black and white as them being able to just adjust to playing like that consistently season on season.

The mental fatigue caused by the demands of our season feeds into that massively. It makes it harder for simply taking training easier or giving a week off to have the revitalising effects we'd want.

The only real break the players get if not involved in internationals is 3 weeks in may and june. Then the players come back to the biggest games of our season. Its relentless from the get go and its unfair to expect the standards of last season to be maintained with what theyve given us over the last while.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  4. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

I get that, I remember Armstrong saying when he first joined that him and GMS couldn’t believe the intensity of training compared to dutd.
    But even still, I just can’t get the whole tired thing. Unless they’re in middle of a stacked schedule, like 3 games a week etc, then I’m no having it.

5. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    It was one of those games where you couldn't single any one out for praise bar maybe rogic.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Considering they have had a few days off at the start of the week and had some time to train and work on things it was a disappointment but we still increased our lead in the league that’s the main thing!

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    How much was McInnes wanting to get in to Broony today :56:

Was looking to the floor and half no going in at first but was flyly trying to get retrospective action on him. Couldn't help keep trying to go in on him. Straight after Brendan's post match he was head first..

Lol..

Lilac Wine and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  8. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Don’t disagree that bad decision making was also a factor, albeit, a minor one. I can only remember the Sinclair one though as being clear cut enough for a square pass that would have led to a goal. My main concern was lack of pace in the build up play, lack of movement and too many sideways passes. Need to be far more direct and have more than dembele in the box to aim for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I suspect there's not many out there that would be satisfied with that showing today.....a lot of possession but not enough edge to the play.

Like most others who have a negative response to this type of performance, I would say that the inconsistency of our team this season makes things look so much worse.....given the heights we scaled last season.

It's hard to understand what the problem is but we're still in with a shout of a monumental achievement and that goes a very long way in my book.

I've been frustrated a lot this season though and hoped that the additions to the team would help us kick on as far as the quality of football we'd produce was concerned but it hasn't happened.

The fact is some of those who performed so very well last season seem to have * the bed too often for me this season and I believe there's a whole bunch in our team that flatter to deceive.

The game changers in our team from last season don't seem to be to the fore this time around and this in turn highlights our vulnerabilities more than usual.

Injuries have taken there toll on us and so we've been deprived of the fantastic services of players such as Griffiths and Rogic......but at least we've still got Broony and KT who I believe drive the passion in our team and lead from the front and by example every game they play in.

I just wished we'd managed to buy a few more like minded, spirited players....unfortunately we didn't manage that and it shows on days like today. Hail, Hail.

Big els likes this.
  10. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    Didn't see McInnes claim Broony goaded 3 of his players to take a kick at him 2 weeks ago. The guys a serial loser.

11. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Sleekit looking *. Sheep should have binned him for flirting with the Huns.

Bertie Cauld likes this.
  12. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    They would be better off with Jack Ross.

freitassen and packybhoy like this.
  13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I wish they done a Monday night sky with Broony talking to the panel at the end. He'd for crucified our wee *..

The audacity of him talking about Broony goading and milking challenges after that is * :rofl:

Good point sir..

Bertie Cauld likes this.
  14. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    He would absolutely * it fae Broony :56:Its the only time he's had a successful attack on our team all season even if it reeked of hunnery. Fly wee *.

15. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Bain was good in goal.

emmetf likes this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Was strange even having him on..

Could feel digs galore even from our game last week. About they dominated large part's of the game. Is that right mate. The stats were 51-49% at full time and we'd played almost an entire half with 10 men away :56:

I'm gonna call it on Stubbs as well. I can't stand him. A severe yes man as a pundit, never comes across controversial or with anything thought through. Just usually goes with the crowd, even if it's laying in to us. Noticed this constantly during his punditry roles..

Bertie Cauld likes this.
  17. donnegal celt

Look like we could have lowest league points in long time. Could be worst than Delia days the way things are going.

18. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I don't think the points tally really matters tbh, as long as we win the League.

All eyes are on the SC. :lol:

StPauli1916 likes this.
  19. Trequartista

Rogic had a good chance to square it to Dembele. All powderpuff around the box and no cutting edge. Roberts unlucky hitting the bar. Sinclair could have won back a lot of fans had he assisted the inevitable goal but his greed has only worsened the ill-feeling toward him at present.

20. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Bain.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.