1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Motherwell Vs Celtic Sunday 18/03/2018 - 14:15 Kickoff

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Blochairnbhoy, Mar 12, 2018.

Discuss Motherwell Vs Celtic Sunday 18/03/2018 - 14:15 Kickoff in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. joemc

If we look at the game we can see we made some poor choices wen we were through on goal ,i counted 3 or 4 were if the player passed across goal to players waiting to tap it home instead of shooting, we win easily ,for me bad decission making in the final 3rd.

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Defo..

I think BR had such an initial impact on the players and the club, it took us to a different level last season.. that effect has naturally plateaued and it’s easy to see where we need to add the real quality..

Random Review and StPauli1916 like this.
  3. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

I'm probably being annoying moaning about today. Normally I know we will win the league at a canter and wouldn't mind the odd poor performance and points dropped here and there but would have been good to kick on after last week. Maybe I've been spoiled after last season but it feels like we have become too predictable and easy to play against and there's been quite a few days like today. Oh well, clean sheet and another point anyway.

4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

“We miss Griff”, “We miss KT”.

Two guys who have been involved in equally flat or even worse performances.

Such an easy cop out saying we miss players. That squad today is capable of running through every team in the league with ease.

5. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

I honestly don’t get this. They’re * professional athletes, and it’s not as if they’re playing 3 games a week. How much rest do they need ? If they are *, why not just take it easier in training for a bit then recharge.
    Honesty never understood the fatigue argument. Not that I disagree, just don’t understand it.

Lilac Wine, trip2themoon and Big els like this.
  6. apevrak

Think we need to double up on both sides with wingers + wingbacks for games like these. Playing through the middle against compact teams is difficult, especially when you're lacking in the passing precision department and playing on a * pitch.

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Going direct now and again over the defender's head. Make them turn and have to play it..

Some player's need to work on their first touch as well. 2 or 3 just to set them on their way. Easy passes to play forward a day goes behind halting our quick play..

Just little thing's that interrupt momentum..

I don't wanna see that back 3 again either..

I thought Ntcham HAVING to come off because of the booking really hampered us today. Behind Rogic he was our second best player. Lost composure as Armstrong was brutal passing wise when he came on..

8. celtic20

Didn't enjoy that at all, but certainly not going to overreact to it. When this Celtic team need to, they win (in domestic football anyway). It's always disappointing when you don't consolidate after a derby win and kick on, but not much to be concerned about.

One of my pet hates is not winning before an international break, but the league is just about won and this game, in the grand scheme of things, doesn't mean much.

Looking forward to seeing the team bounce back in two weeks and, hopefully, win these last three easy games before the split.

Lilac Wine and StPauli1916 like this.
  9. joemc

Think thier keeper had a good game :84:

10. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Wish we were seeing more of Musonda not saying he should be starting yet but he's already shown he can make an impact off the bench when we're looking for a goal, considering what we're supposedly paying for him as well, would rather have had him come on today than Sinclair.

11. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Think if a couple of split second decisions gone differently we would be all talking about a comfortable 2-0 here, in all honesty. Such as Sinclair squaring the ball instead of taking that extra touch, for instance. But credit where it is due also, and Motherwell deserve recognition for putting up a strong defensive effort after going down to 10 men.

Thought Rogic was the pick of our players going forward; did well throughout and was still proving a threat in the 90th min as he had been at any point throughout the game. Generally showed some good control of the ball, threaded some nice balls through in addition to a couple of dangerous crosses when he found himself in wider edges of the area. Even if his shooting boots were not quite what would have liked them to be today. Then again, everyone misplaced thier shooting boots this week.

Also Ajer was solid throughout, even if he had an easier shift in the second period, was steady and calm at the centre of the back three, and yet again there were moments when he reminded me of Roy Aitken. Not the first time I've made that comparison and I doubt it will be the last either.

12. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    You look at that fixture last year and it's night n day,2-0 down at half time last year and 99% of Celtic fans genuinely believed " we will still win this ", this season a whole half against 10 men and we can't break them down once, it's very poor, last week was brilliant and aw those who say " can't believe people are moaning were going for back to back trebles" and that is superb aswell
    But this is Motherwell v Celtic thread and were pish today

13. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

True. Thought Ntcham was finding Rogic every time and that was our best chance of creating something. Armstrong offers something different, which I do think we've missed. He runs in behind and can be dangerous when he gets a shooting chance around the edge of the area. He's not as neat as our other midfielders, but he's a really useful player.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  14. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

We really do need some fresh faces brought in in the summer, even if just to push current players on to play better, players like Sinclair,Dembele and Armstrong are a shadow of themselves from last season.

15. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    A thought we missed ciftci today to be honest

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

We miss Griff and KT. If they played today, we win. Quite simple. They're never involved in flat performances.

17. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Dembele and Armstrong most likely won’t be here next season, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Sinclair leaves too.

18. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    They've both played in a few stalemate games at Celtic park and away this season mate

Everyone was saying we should play dembele and Eduard up front together, we did that and didn't seem to work today anyway

Just one of those days

Random Review likes this.
  19. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You can reel your line back in, you’re not getting a bite.

20. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Well even then if they don’t, they will need replaced and players like that aren’t easy to replace. Time for the board to spend some cash.