1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

SPFL Motherwell 1-2 Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Nov 5, 2022.

Discuss Motherwell 1-2 Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    How many feet did that Goss stamp on in the match ? That's part of his game and he needs to get booked - and also get a good kicking !

Maeda is made for the left flank in my opinion, is more decisive and can use the space and his speed and his left foot to cross or shoot. Also to track back and also press.

Great low shot, we should be scoring more daisy cutters like this.

Good game by Mooy and CCV. I hope Gucci plays in both games in Oz, we need to see him. More from Bernabei, Siegrist and Abildgaard as well.

2. HenriksRightBoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Early days obviously, but the introduction of VAR is so far playing out the way I feared.

When the quality of officials is below par, VAR will only exacerbate the current status quo.
    If anything, it´s worse now (Hearts away the prime example so far).

I´m normally not one to see conspiracies BTW.

3. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    The Motherwell manager said our second should have been disallowed? For what exactly, also doesn't care that Jota was wrongly called offside. Closer angles, rather than using a camera from the other half of the pitch show he was onside. It's as if they went through all cameras and found one that isn't clear at all to give it offside.

Hart should have done better for their goal, I wonder if Siegrist will come in for the second half like Bain did midway through one season after Gordon had a shocker. There will obviously be a few bounce games including the Aussie tour, where Siegrist can be at fitness or Hart can get some confidence back.

4. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    It doesn't even seem to get much if any scrutiny like it does in England. In England if an obvious decision is messed up they really go to town on the ref. It seems up here, well they saw it again they must have been sure.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    * a duck. Just seen highlights. What have we paid for in VAR? The angles are ridiculous!! It was supposed to prove beyond doubt with offsides but the views shown do nothing but perpetuate speculation and prove * all. No one has definitive proof jota was or wasn’t offside. Yet from the angle we’re given for their goal, clearly juras foot plays tierney on.
    So VAR can only clear up incidents based on where they are in the park??
    Utter shambles.
    Also seems to be our team on the receiving end!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. ddub11

Have to agree,sounded like the mics were covered with a blanket or something and its not the first time.Hate to say it but switched on to hun game to check the score and theirs sound was perfect.

Its not a major thing but its takes away the atmosphere and the enjoyment of the game.

Graeme1888 likes this.
  8. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Agreed great first touch and then finish from Maeda should do him the world of good and proved to be so vital on a night when we just were not clicking with our passing in the attacking third of the field.

9. CountyDownFaithful

Really poor performance by our standards last night but getting the 3 points is all that really matters at this stage with the WC break looming and we achieved that.

We never found our rhythm at any point and our passing was shocking all night. Looking forward to a better performance at Parkhead on Saturday.