1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Moritz Jenz

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by GavCFC1, Jul 22, 2021.

Discuss Moritz Jenz in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AussieGreek

I'm skeptical. As I said in another thread:

MusselburghBhoy likes this.
  2. AussieGreek

I never said whether we need a CDM or not, did I?

I am saying it is not Ange's priority and never has been. That is VERY different to me arguing on whether we need one or not. I've never said whether we need one or not.

Basic comprehension bro, and English isn't even my first language....

3. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Well that’s a big positive. Or at least their flag is anyway.

Hammy89 likes this.
  4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Yes. We haven’t signed a CDM so they aren’t a priority…

…the exact reason its a priority.

You think the media made up Souza but you’re happy to believe Jenz and Mooy.

You’re all over the shop.

5. AussieGreek

Yes I think media mostly made up Souza, because as Ange said himself (yes, I listen to the manager and not just go onto social media frenzies) only a few days ago:

"Nah, it's not my style. Our role is to dominate games in a collective sense. Blackburn are a big, physical team, but in the first half I thought we played really well and handled them no problem. When we are playing our football and moving the ball around, we don’t need to rely on that side of the game."

Don't listen to me, listen to the gaffer and what he has consistently said for 12 months now and what you seen with your own eyes with his style of play.

We will not be getting that big imposing CDM that everyone thought Souza would be.

6. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Yeh seems their is an art to it ccv seems to time it perfectly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    All technique. Argentinian fella joining Man United from the Dutch league is a 5’9” CB who was winning aerial duels at something like 80%. Tim Cahill, 5’10 midfielder who used to regularly score headers from set pieces. You don’t need to be a 6’+ giant, it helps, but good technique is more important.

8. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Souza was a ball playing CDM.

The exact player we need and want to suit our system.

ArturBorucCSC and paulo123 like this.
  9. MusselburghBhoy Gimme danger, little stranger

Fav Celtic Player:
    Momo Sylla
    Please, just let it (Souza) go, for everybody’s sake.

10. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

A loan to buy would make sense, as Jullien is still on the wage bill..

11. Foley1888

Having watched some videos of Jenz there are some positives to signing him. He is tall (6’3) and looks good aerially and in his defending all round. He is quick as well something none of our CBs are at the moment.

I know he is listed as a right footer but the videos I have saw of him looks like he prefers his left but is capable of either foot. He has also played left centre back before so will be comfortable there.

The negative is he struggled to get a lot of game time in a poor Lorient side, makes you question why?

He doesn’t carry the ball out of defence a lot but is not bad with his passing and in Switzerland was the one in the LS team trusted to play it out from the back.

Hopefully it is a case of him finding somewhere to build his career and that is with us. On a loan to buy if the buy option is reasonable then he could turn out a very decent signing.

I will remain open minded on this as I wasn’t that keen on CCV before we loaned him and he was a contender for player of the year.

12. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I'm not blown away by it. I think, with the way we dominate the ball he will be more than fine to play in our league games. Not as if he will be under the cosh as much and who knows, with a bit of confidence and some good performances, he might be able to push Starfelt over the next year and develop a bit more. Also, Ange will be able to work with him to improve him in certain areas of his game where he does lack. I think aerial ability was one of them.

On a season long loan with an option to buy? I can see why we would be interested. Potential to get better, certainly has the physical attributes so if he can work on his game, yeah.

Mooy
    Jenz
    DM
    Larsson

That's 2 freebies as squad fillers, centre back cover on a loan with a purchase agreement in place for next year. Zero spent.

Surely able to find another loan to buy in a defensive midfield position. Surely tae *.

13. Foley1888

Initially I am not blown away either particularly given some of the names linked but who knows how real they are.

Sadly what we are experiencing is the downside of any loans even with options to buy. We have had to fork out most of our transfer budget for the season to keep two of our best players from last season. The Maeda one was different as apparently that was a request from the Japanese end for financial reasons (tax). There is the positive we got to try Jota and CCV first.

On being able to afford another DM, I am not that bothered who we are bringing in is a loan to buy or a free as particularly the out of contract market is one I feel we should make a lot better use of than we do.

Have said it a lot before but I feel Riechedly Bazoer would be a very good pick up for us on a free. Is a physical DM or can play CB in a back 3 (or for us domestically against most teams in a 2). Is an excellent ball carrier around 6ft tall and has a cracking range of passing. Temperament has been an issue in the past at times but he is a very talented player.

I know it was written off but I wouldn’t mind Larsson either as a versatile forward. I certainly feel we need one more in that area of the pitch.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Yep. The fact he’s also a big guy was a bonus.

I think that interview was Ange saying be doesn’t just want a big lump in midfield with little technical ability. Not that he would say no to a 6’2 CDM who could play.

MacEwan and Damnati like this.
  16. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Lads honestly, we need to get over Souza he had a chance to join he chose not to. Its not as if the offer wasn't there.

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I keep seeing people say stuff like this.

We’re over him not signing. Saying we want someone like him signed doesn’t mean we’re all crying into our pillows that he isn’t here.

MacEwan, Damnati and G40B like this.
  18. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Lad let's be honest 90 to 95% of us had no clue who he was at the end of last season. We were working off YouTube videos. We 100% do need a CDM that much I agree with. But to keep bringing up Souza when we only know him through YouTube videos is a bit silly imo.

19. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Though granted I do know what you mean he did look a solid player but hey-ho we move on.

20. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Am I reading that right? It's an obligation to buy and not an option to buy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.