1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Monitoring of Social media

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Tim-Time 1888, Feb 22, 2015.

Discuss Monitoring of Social media in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    No different from any young naive lad thts been groomed from high school into joining the british war machine.Shel no be able to * in private ever again as shel be on a mi5 watchlist for life.Anywayshe could be useful to inteligience agencys isis member,leader locations etc.I think she should be given a chance.Every man on the planet is a potential victim in the war on terror.

2. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Also you are a right wing tory troll who I have mistakenly been tricked into feeding again and like my last interaction with you I will let you have the last word as you grandstand to all your "fans" a put me firmly in my place:37::32::32::32::32::32::32:

3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

There's no consular support in Syria. No embassies or on the ground staff. Where would she go?

4. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Bobby Sands was considered a terrorist and a criminal so I'll ignore that bit.

I think the vast majority of parents would disagree with you. Interestingly in the eyes of the law she was a child but is being given a life sentence.

Where has the evidence of her present views come from?
    I am not following this story and have taken my stance as a parent of a 16 year old who believes decisions you make when you are young should not be held against you for the rest of your life

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Then you'd do well to actually read up on what's been happening the past few days.

6. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    She could possibly try and travel to iraq or lebanon to an embassy ? Is she in a syrian refugee camp at present?

7. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    I'm not really interested in the story. I'm Irish and this has been given little coverage in Ireland as it's not topical to us. I only came in this thread to give my opinion that as a 15 year old making a mistake then she should be shown leniency. If she has presently done something to justify denying this then fair enough. I have said this in a previous post.

As a parent if she was my child i would take her home regardless and if her views were contrary to how I believe they should be then I would act to try and change them.

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Being irish shouldn't excuse you from being able to take a moment to read a quick update on what is going on with this girl.

You're stuck 4 years ago.

A quick run down for you - she isn't 15 any more, she holds no remorse for what she has done, she claims it is a normal life over there and seeing beheaded heads in bins is fine - because she worries what that man may have done to a muslim woman if he was still alive.

You sure you are still ok letting this 19 year old back in to western world?

richardm likes this.
  9. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Ragin aye.

Anyway it wasn't a little dig, it was genuine advice.
    Yea the clue is in the "same posters", if I was in agreement, with the that wee group, I would be very worried indeed tbh.

"Mistakenly tricked" Seriously get a grip of yourself you *, you have tried to be controversial and it's backfired on you ... next you'll be telling us the orcs singing their bile doesn't bother you either :56:

Aye I'm a card carrying tory troll who is undercover in the SNP ... honestly sniffing glue isn't a smart thing to be doing.

10. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Ban the witch from coming back - let Assad and the bhoys deal with her and while we're at it start prosecuting UK citizens who fight for the Zionist's.

11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

She's in a refugee camp aye. She's also 9 months pregnant. Trekking the 600km to Bagdhad or 800km to Beirut, without any food or medical supplies doesn't seem practical.

12. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I agree but needs must. We are arguing a hypothetical though, surely if there were potential threats in the refugee camp with her, merely expressing her desire to come to the UK and abandon ISIS would be enough for her to become a target?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  13. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    OK so I've read up a little on it and came across this

Times
    war correspondent Anthony Loyd, who found Ms Begum, told Todayshe was “two things”: “She is the 15-year-old schoolgirl who was groomed and lured to the caliphate, and four years later, with that background, she is an indoctrinated jihadi bride.”

This would only reinforce my opinion that if she was my child I would want her back.

Is she beyond rehabilitation? Not an answer for a lay man or anyone who has not interviewed her. The compassionate thing to do would be to at least grant her temporary residency while she is accessed.

14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Not necessarily. ISIS want some of these people back in their home countries to then build up a new network of sleeper cells. Just now I don't think we know anywhere near enough information to make a reasoned judgement.

If she genuinely has no remorse and still believes in a Caliphate ideology then for me it's incompatible with being a citizen in the UK. What hasn't been widely reported is that she also stated, "The caliphate is over. There was so much oppression and corruption that I don't think they deserved victory,"

There's also the moral v legal argument here. While most morally think she has no right to return, legally she may have. 150 people that went to physically fight for ISIS have been allowed back into the UK. To refuse to even consider the return of a 19 year old UK citizen that to our knowledge hasn't actually taken part in any violence could be a problematic legal precedent.

The UK is signed up the 1961 UN convention of not leaving individuals as stateless. To revoke her citizenship would be breaking this.

A team of astute lawyers would no doubt have a field day ripping apart that judgement.

Gabriel likes this.
  15. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye I was going to add that, that would just kill dead any possibility of her coming back.
    She most likely does have the legal right to come back, but as you said it's the moral side of it that people will be most likely debating about. I personally think she shouldn't be allowed back, same goes for the 150 that went to fight, unless under special ciscumstances such as being literally forced to go.

16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/wor...y-to-join-isis-wants-to-return-home-1.3793676

There's the actual article I assume you attempted to use as defence.
    Now let's just take HER words and not the ones made up by Anthony Lloyd.
    "I’m not the same silly little 15-year-old schoolgirl who ran away from Bethnal Green four years ago." seeing how that's her words and the one you quoted from Lloyd are completely his own opinion and go against what she says her self.

M 67 likes this.
  17. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Of course she's not. The quote I took from that story says "she is an indoctrinated jihadi bride.”
    Can you say for a fact she is beyond rehabilitation? This in a society where we let paedophiles and serial rapists back into the community. I think she should at least be offer her the courtesy of an evaluation. If she is a threat to society then she can be refused entry

18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Again, Lloyds words and opinion, not hers.

Going by just her words, it does sound like she is beyond. She holds no remorse, regret or anything.
    She thinks beheadings are normal and acceptable.
    She thinks the way of life within IS is normal.

She may have been radicalised before she went there, but she has spent 4 years there and continued to enjoy that way of life and normalise it.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  19. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Then interview her and refuse her if this is the case. In reality Lloyd is no more qualified than you or me to make an evaluation.

I would think if she wanted to enter Britain as a sleeper agent then she would be giving all the right soundbites. Coming out with what she has while wanting to return to britain suggests to me she is at the very least a naive teenager and probably not very intellectual.

20. M 67

It’s the whole entitlement that her precious caliphate couldn’t save her two other kids so just wants to have them here. Nonsense

Tim-Time 1888 and Peej like this.