1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Monchengladbach v. Celtic, Tue 1 Nov, 19:45, BT Sport ESPN / BT Sport Showcase

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Marty McFly, Oct 28, 2016.

Discuss Monchengladbach v. Celtic, Tue 1 Nov, 19:45, BT Sport ESPN / BT Sport Showcase in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. johnboy19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Billy McNeil and Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song and The Celtic Symphony
    Agreed mate. Couldn't even dream about these nights last season, so to come this far in such a short amount of time is amazing

2. Mevin Gold Member Gold Member

Great performance away from home!

3. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

nah cifti is done for us, need to hit the ground running at celtic or your finished

thought henderson and mcgreggor were the right players to come on, thought that macgreggors finish was poor though need to see it again, thought it was the usual type of finish you see from scottish players in them positions in big games! there never expecting to get a chance at this level and when it comes it seems to go to their head and they fluff it again that could be about not playing good teams on a weekly basis in the league

4. realshocks

Excellent performance. I think we were marginally the better side. Expected us to get humped, but by the end we looked like winning the game. Very happy with our progress.

Sent from my B3-A10 using Tapatalk

Swervedancer likes this.
  5. Swervedancer Guest

Well done Celtic! :ynwacelti

I'm totally gutted, I thought we did well enough to get a win. We are a totally different team from last season.

Was frustrating at times because BMG are so good at pressing we never really got our game going but we never panicked and played much better than the first leg.

Roberts should have started but I understand why Brendan plays Forrest because when he's on form he's very good but I think it's time to admit Roberts is a different level of player and make the most of him while we have him. The game totally changed when he came on, the subtle little defence splitting passes he makes are a joy to watch. He set up Dembele for the penalty and gave McGregor the ball on a silver platter. I did not expect Callum to miss the target, that's unforgivable at this level.

Armstrong played both his games tonight, was very industrious and got into good positions but was at fault for losing the ball too often.

Izzy was brilliant I thought. Just like the one we remember.

Dembele was very good too, he has great control on him and needs someone to give him service if he's to score more often.

Overall proud of the team and when comparing it to last season in Europe it's a massive difference. We played some decent football when we kept the ball.

I think we can look forward to the future with Brendan.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  6. Cmcgregor90

I would have took that at the start of the night! I am proud of that effort with a weekend team but can't help but feel gutted we could be sitting on six points had we beat city and them tonight! All about luck in all honesty....

Some of those players won't be here next season and new additions will be added things are only going to get better!

Nobody gave us a chance to get a a goal nevermind a point. We are on two with 4 goals in a very very hard group

Shaun likes this.
  7. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I understand that but its that "what if". Some excellent play and set up on a plate for Callum there. Hurts when our performance deserved a win imo

8. Kurt 2112

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Still a good result and they are dangerous on the counter, but why take off a defender just to knock it around the back. Get it forward. We looked good at the end when we went forward and had a man advantage. Drives me crazy when we just knock it about.

9. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Barca pumped :giggle2::giggle2:

10. shaun.f

Should have won that. cant believe he missed that sitter. gutted.:38:

11. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    That second half was superb. Can't believe I'm gutted at a draw in Germany against a team that played us off the park at home 2 weeks ago.... A wee mention for Izzy thought he was great tonight, and Broony don't go back to the national team we need you more...fecking magic son HH

Swervedancer likes this.
  12. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    McGregor lacks the quality to be a class player, that was summed up in his miss, lacked composure and ability.

13. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

that chance though :triplomur

good solid performance, would have took the draw pre-match without a doubt.

14. Jozo

Never mind the fact that 3 key defenders were out tonight, we've just entered a fortress with Armstrong, Forrest, McGregor and Henderson in our midfield and left feeling hard done by leaving without a victory. All we need is 2 or 3 signings and we'll have a team.

15. kevskiuk1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    anything by the wolftones
    Is it only me or do we believe we can still do this! Draw at the Etihad win at parkhead. Don't think they will take knowt in there last 2. Mon the hoops Europe after crimbo. Hail Hail

Swervedancer likes this.
  16. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Daryl Currie is raging that he has too praise us

17. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Great point away in the CL.

18. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Well i got what i wanted, was a great game. This team is miles away from what we seen last year, from struggling v Molde, Ajax and Fener to matching Man City and Gladbach is tremendous progress and im glad we are putting in respectable performances on the top stage of football.

In Brendan we trust!

19. McGeady

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Well, today we gave the ball away too easily, gave you some space and didn't finish the game with our chances.

Therefore I think the draw is alright.

20. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That is horrendous from McGregor, Sinclair, Moussa, Paddy or Tam and it's in the back of the net