1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Monchengladbach Away

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Aug 25, 2016.

Discuss Monchengladbach Away in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Whats the script there? has anyone been, City looks really small and not much about.

2. carpe diem 67

Few people been saying that you're best staying in Dusseldorf.

3. z1c0

Heading over, staying in Dussledorf.

4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Aye we have booked for Dusseldorf.

Seems to be a bit more to do. Good few Irish boozers.

5. T.Rogne25

Got flights booked over there, what's the script with tickets? Will they be hard to come by?

6. NA CEILTIGH

Depends how many Celtic get but tickets will go to people who have been to 5/6 euro away games then start moving backwards. From talking to guys over in Ireland and direct flights to Düsseldorf, coupled with the fact we have been to barca many times I think this game will attract upwards of 7-10 thousand fans. It's also Halloween break and teachers and others will be off work. Their stadium holds 46k for euro games so we could get as little as 5% so about 2300 tickets.

7. Fatface

Centre of Monchengladbach is pretty small but there are bars and restaurants about, more choice in Dusseldorf obviously.

Borussia Park is quite far out from the town centre and the tram line gets very busy so best to head to the ground as early as possible.

The stadium is absolutely superb, views from everywhere are excellent including the away section.

8. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    Thinking of getting the flight to Brussels and then the train over to Mongengladbach, seems much cheaper.

Most likely have to buy a home ticket.

9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Tickets for this match are now on sale to STH who have attended 5 or more European matches from the last 17 european away matches.

Tickets are priced £24. Tickets will only be issued on provision of travel arrangements and tickets are for the use of the STH holder only.

It is not anicipated that there will be a further sale of tickets for this match.

:54::55: Ive only been to 4

10. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Just to bump another thread on this game I posted on, if any season ticket holder can get me a ticket for this in exchange I will give them my Corporate package for the home game with Gladbach as I won't be here, the usual stuff, padded seats, snacks, Lounge access, programme and all that.

That would make you about a ton up on the deal, if anyone can help out would be great bhoys

11. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Home tickets are impossible almost, they sold out as 3 match packages and even on eBay.de I've seen none for sale, only option will be to try outside I reckon, will be in that boat myself as it stands

As someone who is in Germany a lot I can tell you they have enormous support, they will have far better support in Glasgow than Man City or Barca and I understand many are coming over without tickets

12. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    *, ah well the whole thing was I have that week off work and having never followed celtic away in europe I felt like it was a no brainer, plan was to go to the match then get a train to Amsterdam for the rest of the week the next morning! cant beleive how good value the train tickets are, only like 25 to go from Monchengladbach to Amsterdam central.

I'll be there outside with my ticket needed sign anyway =)

13. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Well knock up 2 of those signs as it looks as if I will be in the same boat as you :celt_2:

I'm actually in Germany at the time of the game so it's no great hardship to go and try outside, there's also a UEFA Youth League game earlier in the day in their second stadium next door so if nothing else will watch that.

You're right about train tickets, it's just the other side of the border hence being so cheap, all that said Düsseldorf is the place to be for this one as Moenchengladbach is not up too much bar some cracking kebabs outside the station if I remember rightly :85:

Whatever you do don't walk, it's about 4 * miles

14. FRXXMNT

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of Honour
    Hey lads,

I'm coming from the Netherlands (next to the German border). I have made it to two games of the Bhoys until now (one in Dublin and one at Celtic Park). At the first game in Glasgow I totally fell in love with the Club and escpecially the fans. Never met such hospitable, passionated and proud people!

A friend which is STH managed to get a ticket for the home game against Barca, so I cannot wait til I'm back at Celtic park.

Since Gladbach is a 1 hour drive from my hometown I would love to attend the game. Getting hometickets is almost impossible (or the cost 200€ for a * place). So anyone of you bhoys have one ticket left?

Otherwise I will just head on that night to the stadium an hope that I get lucky :shamrock:

15. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    £24

That's more like it :57:

16. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

As others have said it's best to get yourself to Dusseldorf and head to Gladbach from there.

My brother lives in Münster but as far as I'm aware he can't even get a ticket in the home end.

17. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    They were all sold as 3 match packages in the same way that we sold out all ours through that method, only real hope for this is outside, those secondary sites like viagogo which I wouldn't use in any case have very few and they start at about 200 quid

18. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    Just booked me way to dusseldorf, rest is up to * ha

19. dannymac1888

Long shot but two adults and one concession for sevco semi final gem.Would trade them for gladbach AWAY tickets if anybody interested

20. Bauibaui

Hey. Me and My friends will come visiting your country to See the game. Somebody here who will sell a ticket for the Game in Glasgow? Or change with Ticket in gladbach?

Greetings

Andy

21. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Are you offering tickets for the game in Germany in exchange?