1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mohammed Elyounoussi.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Aug 30, 2019.

Discuss Mohammed Elyounoussi. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Hopefully Ralph got it and said yes.

Noskeil likes this.
  2. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    That was Deila.

3. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Hes probably checked LiveScore to confirm what he’s watching is actually real

Smithy and Marty McFly like this.
  4. ladbroke8

Should be fined 5G

5. TimFloyd Gold Member

Sutton and the lassie (grass) that was interviewing Lennon on pure hyper bole.

He literally had his phone out of his pocket for two mins, he is a grown * man this isn't sitting in a classroom.

What if he was waiting on news on a family personal issue or something, a million reasons why he felt the need to check his phone.

Even if he was tagged in a funny meme i couldn't give a *.

Much more serious issues to deal with at the moment.

6. shieldsybhoy

Yeah I dont have any issue with him checking his phone in the stands. Media just trying to find things there, when they don't need to to be honest. Poor from them.

neilly1987 likes this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Mohamed Elyounoussi has admitted it was “unacceptable” to be on his phone during Celtic ’s loss to Sparta Prague.

The Norwegian says he was checking the score of the other Europa League Group H match between AC Milan against Lille when he was caught on TV cameras having a look after being subbed in the 4-1 loss.

Elyounoussi says the matter is now finished after he explained himself to boss Neil Lennon and skipper Scott Brown.

But the 26-year-old accepts he was still in the wrong and will take any punishment which comes his way from the club.

Speaking to VG, Elyounoussi said: “First of all, this is unacceptable from me. I have talked to both the coach and the captain and the case is dead between us.

“The phone is just out of pocket. I have warnings from Milan-Lille, the second match in our group, and I just wanted to check the result in that match.

“In any case, it is stupid of me to put myself in that situation. I lie down and take the punishment I’ll now possibly get.”

Record Sport ’s Chris Sutton reacted furiously to Elyounoussi’s actions. He stated the player should be fined two weeks wages and questioned his commitment to the cause.

Elyounoussi added: “I heard what Sutton commented and that is 100 per cent wrong. On the contrary. I am very dedicated.”

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Here's some comments on the matter from Paul Lambert. Try to keep yourself from laughing.

"I’m only going on what I seen on the TV but you look at the lad Elyounoussi on his phone, I know there’s been a big thing with that, you’re letting Celtic Football Club down, you’re letting the great Jock Stein down, you're letting the Lisbon Lions down.

"Celtic is an organisation, it’s not just an ordinary football club. It’s steeped in history, it’s a massive organisation and if you don’t grasp it and think it’s going to be easy and think you can take the club lightly, you’ll get found out and rightly so.

"What that guy did was let every one down."

:56:

9. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Unbelievable how these ex players and ex teammates of Lennon will do anything but criticise the manager and use these absolute non events as some kind of reason as to why the team is performing so badly.

Here’s a revelation it’s because of the guy you are failing to criticise and trying to protect!

Gyp Rosetti and The Prof like this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Paul Lambert has blasted Moi Elyounoussi and told him he's 'let down the great Jock Stein'.

The Celtic loanee was caught on his mobile phone during the second half of the humiliating defeat to Sparta Prague in the Europa League.

Neil Lennon promised he would deal with it post-match and Elyounoussi apologised, explaining that he was checking the score of the AC Milan and Lille game.

But Lambert wasn't having it and insists Lennon needs to make a stand if he wants to change the culture of the club.

He didn't hold back as he laid into the Norwegian and told BBC Sportsound: "There’s something wrong if Neil has said that. He played in a era where we were a really good side.

"I’m only going on what I seen on the TV but you look at the lad Elyounoussi on his phone, I know there’s been a big thing with that, you’re letting Celtic Football Club down, you’re letting the great Jock Stein down, you're letting the Lisbon Lions down.

Celtic is an organisation, it’s not just an ordinary football club. It’s steeped in history, it’s a massive organisation and if you don’t grasp it and think it’s going to be easy and think you can take the club lightly, you’ll get found out and rightly so.

What that guy did was let every one down.

He might have been a better player. What’s Neil going to do? Let better players get away with it?

"That’ll be absolutely riling him because I know the way Lennon was as a player. Your team-mates are getting the runaround and you’re on your phone? Is that the way the game is going?

"You’ve got to get the ones out that you think are going to let you down and keep the better ones around about you."

11. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

12. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Honestly I didnt give a * about this at the time and I still dont, my first thought when he shaked his head was that he was looking up the lille score and that's what he said he was doing so whatever... im more annoyed at sutton and Lambert making a mountain out of a molehil over this * than criticising the manager, if it was another manager in the dugout who wasnt their mate they would be asking the same questions the fans are regarding the manager and coaching.

Artorias likes this.
  13. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

100% a non issue. Deflecting away from Lennon for me.

Artorias and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  14. stew37

* *, he looked at his phone, maybe not wise to do it in front of cameras, but * it, he says he was checking the other score which could be true.

In any case, it's a * non story, it has nothing to do with the fact we were absolutely dire and our management team look bereft of ideas. Focus on the task at hand and take some responsibility. Absolutely embarrassing.

15. oh bhoy

what the * is lambert on ? crazy *!

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  16. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    :56::56::56::56::56:

17. Dubliner1

Listen he was out of order with the phone business. Your team is getting hammered and this lad looks like he couldn't give 2 @@@@@. This is what is all wrong with the team currently. It's things like this that shows were we are currently at.

cat123 likes this.
  18. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Fed up with Mo being thrown under the bus by Lennon’s pals to deflect from that * show last night, do Sutton and Lambert think we are all * daft?

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  19. Popes 11 Guest

Huge part of the team will be gone by end of this season including him.

20. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    The phone thing is a total non issue for me. If he’s got his phone on the pitch then I’ll be concerned but he was sitting on the * bench with no further part to play.