1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mohamed Abu Fani

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Mr Shelby, Jun 2, 2022.

Discuss Mohamed Abu Fani in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Keano88

The two of them buzzing about in midfield would give us a lot of energy in the middle though tbf which would be a massive positive especially in Europe.

Just don’t see how we’d fit him in unless we were to shift Turnbull or Gucci though - which I doubt would happen.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'd like another midfielder but would prefer a goalscoring pacey no10/8.

Turnbull and O'Riley don't have that pace but both technically really top notch.

But I agree I don't think we could justify it with the number we have atm, mcgregor will be pushed forward too.

Keano88 likes this.
  3. jambo_cfc

Is there actually another link with him or just because dudu dahan ?

4. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    The through balls in the video look like exactly the type Kyogo would thrive on.

5. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Prefer a Fani that wasn’t so loose, and is tighter with ball control.

6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ohhh matron :52:

McConnell3004 likes this.
  7. Youngybhoy2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail hail
    He's murder stay away

8. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Played the full game and scored in a 4-0 win over Olympiacos, didn't watch it but can't be bad in that

9. murphy88

He only played the last 12 minutes.

10. Charlielarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    My gut feeling is this is who we want and waiting to see wot happens in cl and they win so drags on

11. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Yeap, I'm an idiot there, saw a Mohamed and went that's him

murphy88 likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I dont think we are interested at all

13. G40B

The constant ‘jokes’ about his name are excruciating.

Don’t care if he’s the next Wanyama, wouldn’t want him as it would be so tedious listening and reading them until he leaves.

Sentinel and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://sport1.maariv.co.il/israeli-soccer/ligat-haal/article/921388/
    A Celtic scout followed Abu Fani, who had a clarification conversation with Uzi Mor

The midfielder was furious when he realized he would not start against Olympiakos, when the claim around him is that he was asked to stay for the pair of meetings despite an offer he received from a team abroad. The disappointed player and the owner's right-hand man spoke at the hotel before the game. A representative from the Scottish team was present in the stands

At the same time as the euphoria of the tremendous victory over Olympiakos , which we are still celebrating today (Thursday) in Maccabi Haifa , it turns out that even before the game in Greece, the club dealt with the issue of Mohammed Abu Fani. According to sources involved in the details, Abu Fani had a significant offer from a team abroad even before the pair of meetings with Olympiakos, but although he was asked to stay at least until after those two games, in practice the midfielder did not start in the lineup and therefore feelings of anger and disappointment accumulated in him.

Yesterday, before the game, A difficult clarification conversation was held between Abu Fani and Uzi Mor, the owner's right-hand man - this is how to define those parties. In the conversation, the player expressed his displeasure with the few minutes he was getting against the Greeks, even though he was asked to stay for the games against them, while on the other hand, Moore made it clear to Abu Fani that he Disappointed with his conduct.

What intensified the midfielder's anger, apparently, was that a scout from the Scottish champions, Celtic, was sitting in the stands, who came to watch him to make a final decision on whether to recommend the Scottish team to sign Abu Fani. As you know, Celtic automatically qualified for the group stage of the Europa League, so it is not affected by the fact that Abu Fani played in the qualifiers for Maccabi Haifa.

As we know, in the end Abu Fani came on as a substitute and looked very angry even when he scored the fourth goal of the Greens and at the end of the game. It is estimated that another clarification conversation will be held between the player and the club personnel, and the same sources stated that there are significant chances that Abu Fani will leave, when several teams in Belgium have expressed a great interest in him and are even expected to submit official requests in the coming days

15. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Are you basing this on 12mins or have you seen him a few times?

16. DdoubleD

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    He sounds toxic asf. Dont want

17. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I can understand him though, if Celtic had scouts there to make a descision to go for him or not. That was his shot and he was most likely fired up for that!

18. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
  19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

How does he sound toxic?

Going by that article, his club are treating him like an absolute mug. Telling him to stay until they play their qualifiers then not starting him in them. That’s a slap in the face and could risk a potential dream move for him.

20. horseshoe

He might be, but if I'm reading that right it sounds like he's being dicked around by the people in charge. Got offers on the table but they want to keep him for the qualifiers, then they don't start him anyway, I think a lot of players would be raging at that, especially if we or other teams did have someone there to scout him aswell.