1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Modern feminism is cancer

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Callum McGregor, Dec 2, 2016.

Discuss Modern feminism is cancer in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Bit of a long read for the forum, but worthwhile in my opinion.

I don't think we have the same level of SJW nonsense in Europe, but I've been reading into this a lot more, especially because I still think feminism has a place in the world. However, what's now commonly described as 'modern third wave feminism' is nothing more than man hating bigotry (especially against white men). I'll post some videos that I've watched on youtube, showing how impossible it is to debate or discuss with these types of feminists. I can't find a video that shows them in a good light, so if anyone has any, please post them so I can see the other side of the argument.

For example, from reading into this, I was interested in the gender pay gap, something I've discussed with @TheHolyGoalie in previous threads.

On one side, you can find an arguement stating that the gender pay gap exists ( http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...yth-and-heres-why_us_5703cb8de4b0a06d5806e03f ) and then another stating it is a myth ( http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...yth-and-heres-why_us_5703cb8de4b0a06d5806e03f )

From what I've read and watched, my opinion is that you can skew the statistics in your favour in order to suit your argument more, but I'm now convinced that the 'pay gap is a myth' camp appears to be closer to the truth. What do you think?

Further to this, anyone who has looked into this has inevitably came across Milo Yiannopoulos, a man who is vemehently anti-modern feminism. I think he's the one who coined the term in the thread title. While he is undoubtedly trolling a lot of the time, in order to stir up a reaction, he makes some very valid points when he's not at the wind up.

Here's a short video where he outlines some of his views.

2. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Milo is an acquired taste but he makes good points and shows a lot of the arguments modern feminists use up for what they are.

3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Sometimes I find that his trolling can undermine a very valid point but still a worthwhile contributor to debate. Thanks for challenging my post about the pay gap btw, made for some very interesting reading.

4. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

My main grievance with modern feminism is that they make a mockery of the way women are treated in somewhere like Saudi Arabia for example by focusing on stupid trivial things like "* walks" and this gender pay gap stuff all based off the one study which has been heavily skewed and is a very general look across people working in general and not taking into account hours worked, types of jobs, the fact that women are less likely to ask for a raise and the fact women are more likely to work part time as opposed to full time.

In the west men and women are given equal opportunities (at times many companies are even encouraged to hire women over men, and lets not even talk about when it comes to divorce or custody of children) in schools, colleges, jobs etc.

I'm not even sure what modern feminism wants to achieve, the members of this cult seem very misguided and aren't entirely sure what they're fighting for anymore they just shout as loud as they can.

To me they're just an ever growing part of what is the "oppression olympics" where groups of people compete to show they're more oppressed than other groups of people and are happy to go around blaming the patriarchy, white people or what ever else for them not being happy with their lives or not being prepared to work hard to do well in life. It's almost like there's gonna be a generation of young people growing up who'll be encouraged to play the victim no matter if they get the same opportunities as everyone else gets.

And on Milo. I agree he's an acquired taste and sometimes he can be a tad annoying with the way he goes about things but in general most of the points he makes are spot on.

5. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

6. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    No problem. It's difficult to cut through the mainstream narrative around these subjects and you often have to go digging for the facts.

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Milo is a bit of a feminist himself... :fear:

Valhalla and Callum McGregor like this.
  8. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Oh how dare you

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Metrosexual then. :92:

10. The Regime

Fav Celtic Player:
    Eyal Berkovic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields
    I'm all for equality but I do not support feminism. The amount of times during a conversation a woman has went "But you can't say that because of your white privilege!" or "wrong due to your white male privilege." I grew up without a TV in Cranhill. Where was my privilege, you * banana? Apart from cutting my * off and changing my skin colour I'm destined to be perceived as the enemy.

There in lies the problem with modern feminism: it starts and ends with seeing every man as a potential enemy. Feminism is also an ideological construct that refuses to listen to alternative opinions. Intolerance of others is the definition of bigotry.

11. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I disagree with this. I think there ARE a lot of "feminists" who are misandrists, but they are a minority and a vast one at that, which he even concedes in that video. Unfortunately, as with a lot of movements, lifestyles, whatever, it's often the most extreme who are more likely to air their views. From my experience, the feminist movement is a largely positive thing, with a few rotten eggs among a pack of people with the right intentions.

That Milo, who is an * btw, does make good points in the video, but he's talking about a big minority and calling it "modern feminism"

12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I can tell you for a fact that in some industries, women are more likely to be promoted based on positive discrimination and quotas of having certain amounts of women in management roles. That's wrong, it should always be the most suitable person for the job.

Clint Eastwood likes this.
  13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Like I said, I still think there's a legitimate place for feminism in the world, especially when it focuses on its original ideals of equal rights, but this type of vile man hating feminism seems to becoming more and more present. I'd love to see some of the positive aspects of feminism.

Also admittedly, the phrase 'feminism is cancer' is deliberately provocative in order to garner attention.

14. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I feel bad for Feminism with this new craze where feminists = man haters.
    I don't know how it happened but i wish it never did.
    I guess the internet and social media is to blame. It's where these cretins are usually found.

Milo is an areshole who just loves a bit of attention and the sound of his voice.

Zander likes this.
  15. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I think this feminism is cancer movement is cancerous in itself by calling it modern feminism. That makes it SEEM like a large proportion of feminists are these men haters.

"A lot of feminists don't consider men's rights because they see men as lesser or think all men are rapists or all men are bad or all men are oppressors and we are oppressed," she explains

Quotes like that are just plain wrong. It's a HUUUGE minority who are like that from what I can see. I agree that the people who are like that need a swift punch to the * but I do think that this goes to the other extreme and garners hate in itself. Hate don't kill hate, just makes more hate.

16. Nasser

What I find strange is that utter hate of White men in general by some of these often White feminists. Every insult they mention "White man this.. White man that".

The good thing is most women in the States and the UK don't call themselves feminists because these crazy * like the girl in the video have poisoned what womens rights was originally about so most women want no part of it.

TheHolyGoalie and FinnMcCool1967 like this.
  17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Calling it modern feminism, or more accurately, third wave feminism, is just a phrase used not to detract from previous achievements by feminist movements.

If it really is a "HUUUGE" minority, feel free to share some examples of worthwhile action carried out by western feminists. Not at the wind up, I'd genuinely love to see it.

18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Saw this one earlier. Watching that makes me sincerely hope that it really is a huge minority of feminists.

On a side note, some of the comments in reply to that video are * incredible. :56:

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

She is desperate for them to react so she can run off to * tumblr or some * and cry about these big bad white men abusing her.

The fact they didn't react just left her looking like a * idiot.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Milo live now at Ohio Uni.