1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

MMA Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by HectorTheTaxman, Aug 23, 2012.

Discuss MMA Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :56:

2. TimFloyd Gold Member

Going by that he definitely looks like he is seeing stars after that uppercut.

Knee going out or not, it still wouldn’t have changed anything I don’t think.

3. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'm not saying it isnt a TKO victory for Ngannou, it defos is. Just not in the conventional way, it's just there was a lot of people on social media saying Cain was 'out' which isn't true.

4. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    When you see the full thing you see Cain register that his knee is * right away and then curls up to protect himself cos he knows he can't continue. I think it was just a flash knockdown and he was still all there.

Go to 2.38 to see a similar example, Cruz gets knock down for about half a second then right away he is back to normal trying to get a leg.

5. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Thought it was more the knee giving out, but I’ve never been touched by a 260lb African predator. Hard to say.

I seen on the fight companion Rogan was sure he was clipped and then seen a replay and he retracted, to then see another replay which made him 360 again.

6. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Gastelum/Adesanya 236 for the interim.

Iaquinta said on Unfiltered that he’s in talks to fight Poirier but Dustin wants more money. Said Conor/Cowboy is this summer with Max coming up to fight Tony leaving him and Poirier to fight each other.

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

His face nearly faced the ceiling after the uppercut which was before his leg buckling on that clip above which is as clear as day.

In this era of shouting something loud enough then it becoming reality you still can't argue over a good old fashioned slow mo video replay. It'll beat confirmation bias any day of the week for any sane person.

8. bhoy21

They were all drunk and high af on this fight companion. no surprise when he kept changing his mind. Slo mo showed he defo got clipped leading to his knee giving way and subsequent finish. I mean it seems his body is done but i still want to see him in at least another fight

Man, i like the sound of all they fights. Especially Max coming up to fight Tony!!

9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Nobody’s denying he got caught. People are saying the knee injury ultimately ended the fight, which it did.

10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You don’t know that. That’s the point.

But it was a clean finish regardless.

11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I do know that, because it did.

What I don’t know is how he would have recovered, but I know the knee injury ruled out any chance of a recovery, thus ending the fight.

Also it wasn’t clean. If it was clean we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He was finished, unable to defend himself. Whether or not that’s because he was out of it or his knee was blown is immaterial.

We’re having this conversation because some people are refusing to accept Ngannou beat Cain. Which he did.

13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I accept he beat him. But he beat him because his knee blew out. It’s a freak occurance, it’s not normal and Francis didn’t punch him with the intention of blowing out his knee.

I don’t know what would have happened if his knee didn’t go, neither do you. I still accept that he won. But the way in which he won was incredibly unfortunate for Cain.

14. HH88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Shocked they were going to let Gastelum fight with staph infection. I think he easily beats Adesanya

15. HH88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    As for Cain, I've trained at AKA myself when I was in SF (it's in San Jose) they go hard particularly on wrestling and you can see why knees get blown out right left and centre. Everyone in that gym, Khabib, DC, Rockhold, Fitch, Cain, Josh Thompson all suffer bad injuries regularly, they actually at one point had to rethink how they trained due to all the injuries coming out of the gym. Cain has had numerous injuries for years and I think watching the fight his knee gave out as he was hit. He wasn't really rocked because he screams to the ref and looks at his knee and was fine just after it. Ngannou dropped him and the knee was injured as he got dropped

16. HH88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Max vs Tony would be a great fight, I feel like McGregor just doesn't want it anymore, I think although Cowboy is over the hill causes McGregor problems. Poirier has been * on a little bit, like Ferguson he's earned a title shot imo

17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    GSP holding a presser tomorrow to announce his ‘official’ retirement. Was wanting one last fight against Khabib but never materialised.

MacEwan likes this.
  18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You’re underestimating Adesanya big time then.

19. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Honestly think if the extra weight doesn’t effect Max he beats Tony.

20. Nasser

I think he would beat Ferguson up and stop him, Ferguson best chance would be to take the fight on the ground otherwise he's going to take a beating.