1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mikael Lustig

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Mar 3, 2012.

Discuss Mikael Lustig in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yeah, once you rub those haemorrhoids together, you can't help loving someone. :crazy3:

Garrymac1888 and bagforlife like this.
  2. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I often wonder what's a sore * and what is a pile. They taste different apparently

Random Review likes this.
  3. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

:56:

4. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'd say it's one of those things you have to experience for yourself mate. Nothing you read in a book or in a forum can really convey the different flavours.

As the old saying goes, sometimes you just have to suck it and see.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  5. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Wonder if we should have offered him the 3 year deal, tell him he's backup and use him throughout season with a first team RB and you also have a cover for CB too.

Top late now.

6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He was never getting a 3 year deal at Celtic in a month of Sunday’s so if that was the deal breaker then it was a non-starter.

7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

:56:

8. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    1 year deal would have been ideal, 2 years would have been concerning but to offer him a 3 year deal would have been madness.

Good luck to him for getting 3 years, deserves everything he gets, was a great servant and will be missed. The only reason hes still getting spoke about though is through celtics incompetence at not replacing him.

JML67 likes this.
  9. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I don't know, mate. I think he'll still be getting spoken about for many years. I at least will miss him.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    PC Lustig, lol.

I saw something saying Lenny wanted to keep him and was on £24k? Fk me that's a lot.

Wish him all the best, going by his wife's comments they weren't wanting to leave and seemed to love the club and the city.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Married to Josefin Johnsson, they have two daughters: Lucia (8) and Lexie (5).

Clubs : GIF Sundsvall (2005-2008), Rosenborg BK (2008-2012), Celtic Glasgow (2012-2019), KAA Ghent (2019 -...)

Best football moment ? "Our qualification for the 2018 World Cup with Sweden. We knew it was the last chance for this generation to experience a big tournament together. In the qualifying barriers we eliminated Italy, which had not missed a World Cup for 60 years. And I would also like to mention my eight years at Celtic Glasgow as one long highlight. Being able to play football for eight years for such a top club: great! '

Best moment outside of football ? 'The birth of my two daughters, of course. I am lucky to have three beautiful girls in the house. "

Most beautiful stadium ? "It would be rather boring if I answer Celtic Park here, so I will surprise you: San Siro. I have always been a big fan of Serie A. I have been able to play twice, very unfortunate that such a legendary and beautiful stadium will soon disappear. '

Dear teammate ? 'With Sweden I played soccer with Zlatan for years , nobody surpasses that. Although Virgil van Dijk comes close, he is the best defender in the world for me. I think he can win the Golden Ball. "

Hardest opponent ? 'As far as I'm concerned, Lionel Messi is the best football player ever. But he usually plays a little from the right, so I wasn't directly facing him. As a direct opponent, I found Neymar very difficult to defend. He is so fast in his movements. "

Favorite music ? 'I listen to many different styles, but I am mainly a fan of Swedish hip hop. I can recommend the rap collective Random *, they come from the same city as me. I know a few of them personally. "

Favorite movie ? "Maybe not the best, but the one I saw the most: Old School , with the comedian Will Ferrell . Ideal if you are in isolation. " ( laughs )

https://sportmagazine.knack.be/spor...heck=1564008181#click=https://t.co/s9rmK0BIXx

Smithy and Rydo1888* like this.
  13. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Playing tonight for Gent in their qualifier and 6-3 up after 65 mins.. No idea if he's playing well but still on the pitch.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

MIKAEL LUSTIG has revealed he told Brendan Rodgers he didn’t approve of his controversial decision to quit Celtic for Leicester.

Rodgers stunned Scottish football and angered the Parkhead faithful by walking away from the Hoopsas they pursued a historic treble Treble.

But Celts legend Lustig was unhappy with his former gaffer’s decision.

Speaking to Sport/Foot Magazine in Belgium, he said: “In terms of managers, Neil Lennon persuaded me to move to Celtic so he is the most important coach for me.

Tactically, the best was Brendan Rodgers…a true perfectionist.

“I only regret that he left the way he did. When you say you are a fan of Celtic you do not quit the club in February.

“I do not approve of his choice and he knows it.”

The Sweden international also insisted Celtic showed him a lack of respect in their efforts to keep him this summer.

The 32-year-old won an incredible 16 trophies at Parkhead in a eight-year spell with the Parkhead side.

But he opted to leave this summer to forge a new career at ambitious Belgian side Gent.

And Lustig admitted for the first time he wasn’t happy with the terms offered by Celts, with only a one-year deal reportedly on the table, compared to the three years he got at Gent.

He said: “Celtic will always have a huge place in my heart, but in football, we are not always alone in deciding.

He said: “Celtic will always have a huge place in my heart, but in football, we are not always alone in deciding.

They offered to keep me on and, come on, I respect the club too much to say bad things about it.

“But I gave everything to them for eight years…I was expecting a little more respect in return.

My family and my ex-teammates know what happened, that’s the most important thing.

“And I do not want to close this door, I want to feel good when I return to Glasgow.”

15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Lustig making sure the rat knew his feelings.

I am sure Lustig wasn’t the only one.

I can understand he is frustrated with only being offered a 1 year deal but his legs had seriously slowed down.

3 year deal would have been as negligent as waiting until the end of July to sign a replacement!

16. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Absolutely nailed the snake.

17. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Top Bhoy.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Makes me believe the KT rumours telling him to * off are true..

19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Lustig is a true legend. :ynwacelti

Artorias and Rydo1888* like this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member