1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Merry Christmas everyone

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by bagforlife, Dec 23, 2022.

Discuss Merry Christmas everyone in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

Only if you come up with a new sonic attack idea.

(to all the newcomers, this poster holds legendary status on this site. He doesn’t revel in the glory and prefers to fly below the radar)

2. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Haha it's been a while since anyone mentioned that. Will have to wait until our next knockout tie in Europe

packybhoy likes this.
  3. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Hahaha. Yes please. I have added a foot note on my post.

Bhoyyo likes this.
  4. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Feliz navidad

RabS and blackfish like this.
  5. Gerry1972 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Merry Christmas to all at TC. I hope you are all having a great day with family and loved ones.

All except the hun lurkers obsv.

DonnyCelt and bagforlife like this.
  6. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Merry Christmas. * the huns

bagforlife and Boruc17 like this.
  7. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Hope you all had a great day with family and/or friends!

bagforlife likes this.
  8. leeso-ardoyne

Yep, hope everyone has a nice day without to much stress. Me, What started of what was supposed to be a few quiet ones turned into 10 tins bulmners, a bottle of Malibu and some wine with the tunes on. Head busting now! Although that was after diner. I conked it at the diner table for a half hour soon as I finished it. Went out like a light again. Scoffed it down like there was no tomorrow and it knocked me for six.

Was supposed to be up today at 10am for RedZone 3 boxing training. Not a * chance :35:. Trainer msgd said another session on at 7 tonight. I think I'll skip that one too . Head not in the right space for punishment today.

Had a good day with the family although the mate got bad news yesterday. One of the friends mother fell down the stairs and died yesterday in Ardoyne. Devastating news for them all and on xmass day off all days. Christmas will never be the same again for them all. She was a lovely woman too.

packybhoy likes this.
  9. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

My daughters neighbour fell two days before Christmas and died. Day before Big Jimmy Donnelly (Jamaica St) fell down the stairs and died. If that is an Ardoyne woman who fell down the stairs then that is three people I know of and all lived within 5 mins of each other. Daughter is on Crumlin Rd beside Convent primary school @leeso-ardoyne

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
  10. leeso-ardoyne

Yeah that's 3 people. Very sad at anytime of year but at xmass, it makes it that bit worse I think.

Jimmy is one of my best mates uncle's. Good republican he was.

My misses uncle also fell down 3 stairs and died in Brompton park although that was a few years ago.

packybhoy likes this.
  11. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

Aye was a big Republican man. * rest him. Nice big lad.

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  12. leeso-ardoyne

He was alright. he'll be missed by the republican community and his family.

packybhoy likes this.
  13. leeso-ardoyne

[​IMG]
    50TH ANNIVERSARYNEWS
    SPORTSOPINIONPLACE ADEVENTSFAMILY NOTICESE-PAPERSGAEILGEPOLITICSDONATE

[​IMG]

Tributes paid to lifelong Ardoyne republican Jimmy Donnelly
    Conor McParland
    December 23, 2022 14:54
    [​IMG]

rsz_jimmy_donnely_.jpg

"Most people will undoubtedly remember Jimmy as a fearless and active Óglach, which he most certainly was.

"I saw Jimmy rising through the ranks of Na Fianna Éireann and even at that young age he showed qualities that belied his age.

"He naturally progressed into the ranks of Ardoynes A Coy, 3rd Battalion, Belfast Brigade and Irish Republican Army.

"Jimmy made himself available for active service 24-7. If there was an operation being mounted against the state forces – and these occurred on a daily basis – Jimmy wanted to play a part, any part on it. He had no ego. No role was too small for him and by the same token no role was too big for him. If it needed done he'd do it.

"When he was eventually arrested and charged with alleged IRA operations made by paid perjurer Christopher Black he was sentenced to 18 years imprisonment in the H-Blocks where he easily settled in.

"The protest had ended at this time and Jimmy, who had a great admiration and respect for those men who took part in the blanket protest, soon became close friends with them.

"As luck would have it Jimmy was in H7 after being sentenced and played an active part in the great escape when he and 37 other republican prisoners managed to break out of the block.

"When asked if he had any regrets about going on the escape and if he'd do it again Jimmy D smiled and replied that he'd do it again in a heartbeat. That was Jimmy all over.

"I could honestly write a book on Jimmy D's fight for Irish freedom. The old IRA may have had Dan Breen, we were privileged to have Jimmy Donnelly."

Jackie said Jimmy was also a good father and grandfather.

"There was nothing he wouldn't do for his family," he added.

"I will never forget Jimmy's role as an active service volunteer but I'll remember him even more for being a gentle, kind, humorous and loving human being."

Jimmy's remains will leave his family home, 43 Farringdon Court on Monday (December 26) before making its way to the Garden of Remembrance. An oration will be given by Seán Maguire.

Jimmy's remains will then be brought back to his home, remaining there until 8am on Tuesday morning before cremation.

packybhoy and tarboltontim like this.
  14. bagforlife Gold Member Gold Member

Have had a great day at mum and dad's with new great niece Mila and great niece Ella
    As well as my regular nieces who I love so much
    I will never take my family for granted :)
    The older I get the wiser I am
    Will be 55 this year and love how I can lift my pension :yeah:
    Night night :yeah:

RabS, packybhoy, Garrymac1888 and 2 others like this.
  15. bagforlife Gold Member Gold Member

Pension will probably work out * as factory worker most of my life :56:

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I used to think I was getting wiser the older I get, however I'm sure I just take a bit longer to make a decision, meaning the odds of choosing the right option are heavily in my favour.

Still manage to make an * of it sometimes though.

I'm not wiser, just slower :giggle1:

17. stew37

Merry Xmas. Hope everyone's had a guid wan. Takes a lot out you this time of year man, ready for throwing in the towel the now after 3 days of alcohol abuse. Maybe have one more tbh.

18. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Belated Merry Christmas and hope everyone had a great time with their fams. My first Christmas sober since I was 14.

All the best for 2023 x

19. leeso-ardoyne

I was going to have a few myself last night but I know how it can end up. Then tomorrow it'll be the Same, ack sure it's only another few then by time you've went back to work after the holidays ,all youve done is drink and be hungover over xmass when really before xmass you where looking forward to it for some rest. I decided to not open the drink and went for some punishment training. Even thou I'm sore now from taking a few hits in the ring last night, I'm better for it rather than lying with a hangover. TBH with you, I'm choking for another drink today but instead, I'm thinking of going a light cycle to keep me aff it. It's all good at the time, I love a drink but them hangovers kill me now that I'm older.

You should do something yourself instead of cracking one open. Trust me, you'll feel better for it not having another drink!

stew37 likes this.
  20. leeso-ardoyne

WOW! That's some perspective there Rab! After reading that I've just realized I haven't had a full sober xmass since I was 13/14 back in 1993/94. I remember mw and the mates stealing drink on our parents back then in Ardoyne over xmass and every year since, I don't think any of us have had a sober xmass. Wild! Fair play to ya for not touching any!

RabS likes this.