1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Matt O'Riley to leicester

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by adamcfc, Jul 20, 2022.

Discuss Matt O'Riley to leicester in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Hoopy

Leicester and the Rat can get tae *...

We scouted him, liked what we saw so we bought him and the rest is history. Do your own scouting ya dobber rather than poaching our players after all the hard work has been done...

Big Shoes likes this.
  2. pablo

Fav Celtic Player:
    petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk on
    That's him telt then.lol

3. dmccourt95

Leicester need to sell before they buy and won’t make anywhere near enough money for 2 of the 3 mentioned in that articles never mind all 3 so I wouldn’t worry

4. StevieBhoooy!

We need an official club tweet telling Rodgers to -

‘* Aff!’

5. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Maddison and Castagne seem like their biggest assets right now but I would have thought that they would want to keep them.

6. horseshoe

Doubt we'd accept any bid for him at this stage, even if they had the money, and O'Riley himself seesm to have his head screwed on when it comes to his own development and getting gametime, he'll know being a regular starter for us for at least another season will do more for him in the long run than chasing EPL money too early.

7. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    I'd imagine he'd prefer playing overseas than the epl. Think he'd want that experience

8. saltire78

I don't understand the fuss about this! EVERY player at every club is for sale, if the money is right or the biggest clubs come in, especially in backwaters like Scotland.

Personally, I don't think he'd have the slightest interest in going to Leicester. He's happy here, settled in well and has CL football to enjoy this summer. Christmas window, maybe a different kettle of fish, but right now it'd be a move purely for the money, which he's already shown isn't something he does at the expense of career progression.

As for us, I'd assume we're comfortable enough about this because there's with no, or a sizable, sell-on agreement in place and it'd take bigger clubs/money to shift him. We definitely appear to have aligned him as Rogics replacement, so gotta assume he's gonna be happy with game time and won't rock the boat... Any player that gets flipped for 8digit profits in a half season is something we can't really be criticized for - even though I think we'd all want him here for at least a couple more seasons

9. ArturBorucCSC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Smacks of lazy journalism to me. Player does well at Celtic? Link to Brendan Rodgers' Leicester.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  10. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Get some talented beautician to work their magic on both McCarthy and Ajeti and they can have them both for a cut price bargain if that's the case

cfcturbo and scuzzy like this.
  11. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Spot on. Every player is for sale, and to be honest with you, I have even started to enjoy the fact that this is how we are run in the last decade or two.

Not one single good player will leave us now that we have CL football except Bitton and Rogic for other reasons.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

12. saltire78

I'd be surprised if we don't lose at least 1 first team player by the end of the window, but essentially buying to sell is the only model that works for us to progress. Even with CL, and the money it provides, we'll never keep top talent in Scotland for long, we need to be squeezing every penny we can from them, no matter how bitter the pill to swallow

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  13. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    * that - Rodgers is now into his second or third season at Leicester; history tells us its all down hill from there - Leicester is a downward step for O'Reilly just as it was for Rodgers - As Chris Sutton said Celtic B team are bigger than Leicester - O'Reilly has a very exciting season ahead of him with Celtic he wont be going anywhere else

Bonobhoy likes this.
  14. jvalin

Wouldn't be against selling him for the right price. The way Ange wants the team to play football, we need industrious midfielders who never stop pressing the ball. No wonder we let Rogic and Bitton walk. O'Riely is obviously a very talented player, but he relies more on his strength rather than on his quickness. I believe we would have been better off with a more industrious midfielder in the mold of McGregor/Hatate. Btw, the same goes for Turnbull. I'm still kinda bummed we missed out on McGinn tbh. He would have been a perfect fit on Ange's system, plus he's obviously a terrific player.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
  15. jamiebhoy67

O'Riley is 21 year old man the guys a massive talent who will only get better I wouldn't be looking to sell him imo he won't go he's been here 6 mo

Mr Hoopy likes this.
  16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

14 gazillion dembele dollars and not a nickel less.

littlekennie likes this.
  17. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Will be sad to see him go.

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

The right price being £30m.

O'Riley is class and would be a huge loss. We have plenty of industry in McGregor and Hatate. O'Riley gives us that bit of finesse.

19. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    The fact the world Cup is round the corner is potentially biggest reason this won't even be talked about during this window.

If he continues the way he has been developing we will be lucky to keep hold of him next year. Hes a quality player

20. Mr Cleansheets

If there's any truth to it... and presuming he's hoping to make the WC... Would he like his chances better playing in the SPL/CL or in the EPL?

He's likely to play in every match for Celtic but * knows where he'd be in the pecking order at Leicester. The more they paid the more likely he'd be a starter, but young players have been known to crumble under the pressure of big money expectation.

Would be tragic if he left. I really enjoyed his development last year and expect him to really blossom this season. Also, doubt we'd get 30 mill now, but certainly would after another successful season - especially if he goes to the WC and does well.

Hopefully the * on the board aren't wanting more ivory backscratchers...