1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mass shooting again

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by cas79, May 18, 2018.

Discuss Mass shooting again in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Mass shootings on a regular basis, a direct consequence of their gun policy, it'll never end.

The gun totin nutters run the show, utter madness.

eire4 likes this.
  2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    On average, there’s over 300 people shot in the US every single day.

3. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    It's a mental thing, guns being their * given right and part of their constitution. Plenty of countries you can get guns easily, people don't necessarily own them. More civilian owned guns than civilians. No strict mental health checks like in Japan, and in some states a 14 year old can own a shot gun. A * 14 year old, what the *. It's pure mental that people complain about the civil rights being taken away with gun control, what about the rights of 300 people per day and over 1 mass shooting per day?

eire4 likes this.
  4. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Add on top of that....there are over 300 people murdered in the USA daily....Good few without guns.

I always just think back to bowling for columbine...and as much as michael Moore van be am *....the day after the shooting the NRA, led by Charlton Heston, done an NRA rally in columbine.
    Showed stats of other countries where it is legal to own guns and the murder rate was less than 70 a year.

Kindergarten schools, preschools, high schools, cinemas, markets.....mass shooting galore.

But yet.....no * thought to bring back the old school presidential assassination?
    4 years of what can only be described as an orangutan in office and not one attempt?

5. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
  6. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    BigWilly likes this.
  7. StevieBhoooy!

I’m sure good ol’ America will be utterly shocked to the core with this and finally take decisive action at federal level….

:drag:

BigWilly and packybhoy like this.
  8. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    How dare you woke snowflakes complain about this six year olds * given right to have a gun.

BigWilly, Forestbhoy66 and packybhoy like this.
  9. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I love the idea of America.

In reality, America is full of nutters and guns though.

BigWilly, eire4 and Twisty like this.
  10. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    On a serious note, how did this six year old know how to use a gun? Why would you teach your kids that? Honestly his parents should never see the child (or any others they may have) and be made infertile.

blackfish and packybhoy like this.
  11. Smithy

If only the teacher had a gun to return fire, that would've solved the situation.

12. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I did Packybhoy my wife mentioned it to me as she saw it first. My wife being a teacher herself. It's just insane. Earlier this summer on July 4th there was a mass shooting in a Chicago suburb near where my club trains out of and my wife was at the beach that morning just minutes away and she was driving back to our house to get me and drop me off at the airport as I was flying home to Ireland that night. She saw all these armoured vehicles flying past her and she was wondering what was going on. Well a friend of her's another teacher was right by the parade when people starting running like crazy well she ended up running with a random young kid who got separated in the panic. What she said to my wife after when she called was the scariest thing for her was how calm and how matter of fact the kid was about the whole thing and they were saying her and my wife its all the constant "active shooter" drills that all the schools here in our area do. The amount of * my wife has to practice with her kids in the event of a shooter in her school is crazy. I mean the idea that my wife a teacher is at risk of being shot every day she goes to work is mind boggling but its reality or at least its American reality. It's frightening and revolting at the same time because they could stop this tomorrow if they want to with the proper gun laws. But they simply don't want to.

BigWilly, packybhoy, Artorias and 2 others like this.
  13. JamesM09

It must be terrifying to live like that mate.

Do you never consider leaving?

eire4 likes this.
  14. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    It is insane no doubt about it absolutely insane. There is basically no where safe from gun violence in the US. On another occasion a few years ago myself and my wife were driving back towards Fort Lauderdale airport coming out of the Florida Keys where we had spent christmas. We pulled over for lunch and my wife opens her phone and sees a whole bunch of messages from her aunt so she calls her and the aunt is all relieved she got us before we got to the airport as she knew we were flying back to Chicago that day just not at what time. She had been calling frantically all morning telling us not to go to the airport as there was an active shooter there. We had no idea as we were just trying to relax and enjoy a nice drive out of the keys before flying back to Chicago and not paying attention to phones. Crazy to think how close a call that one was given we were literally driving to the airport at the time the shooter was on his murder spree.

As for leaving. Well I have as those in the mental health thread will have seen had some issues shall we say over the years which had lead me to suffer from very severe bouts of depression. It's in a complicated way part of why I ended up in the US in the first place. But to cut a long story short I wish I was at home in Ireland all the time. Every time I go home it is so hard getting on that plane and coming back here. But I do because I have a wonderful beautiful wife I love very much with whom I have built a good life with and I do have a good job in football here. But having said that when my wife retires in 2030 we will be back in Ireland and at least spending a good portion of the year at home in Ireland if not outright moving back completely. To be fair my dislike of living in the US is not just about gun violence the country in my time here has and continues to lurch further and further to the right in general and socially the US is a pretty ugly place in many ways.

BigWilly, packybhoy, JamesM09 and 2 others like this.
  15. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I find completely insane that 6 year old have to practice active shooter drills in a place that is supposed to be safe and where they go to learn. Not only that, but it's * weird that they find it normal.

The US is mental. Proper mental. The solution of more guns is completely nonsensical. They only solution to their gun problems, and they are problems, is to just get rid of them.

Eddie Izzard did a great set on gun control but Jim Jefferies is the most logical thing I've ever heard about gun control.

BigWilly, eire4, greengrocer and 3 others like this.
  16. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Aye, your wife being a teacher keeps that fear and reality at the forefront for your family. Absolutely mental that a teacher needs to be on their guard in their job which we can’t comprehend here in Ireland or the U.K. You expect that for a Cop. I remember the 4th of July parade story.

eire4 likes this.
  17. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Honestly wouldn’t go to America if the trip was paid for. Third world * hole.

bagforlife and eire4 like this.
  18. john2061

Just seen this and alot of questions need asked by the parents and how did this kid get hold of a hand gun surely it be away high up in a cupboard or in a cabinet which should be locked .
    Normally a hand gun would have the safety on and this kid knew how to do this and also fire the gun .
    I think the parents have alot of explaining to do .

19. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Great Jim Jeffries clips there funny and yet so spot on at the same time.
    My wife teaches kids from 8-12 years old mostly and as I said she has to practice "active shooter" drills with the kids on a very regular basis. Its insane but that is the norm for them. As you rightly say the solution if they wanted to end their gun violence issues is right there and they could solve the problems tomorrow. But they don't because they simply don't want to which is not just insane it is sick and twisted. I have lived here long enough to have a good insight into what US society is like and it is a pretty ugly picture in general.

Hammy89 likes this.
  20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Totally nail on the head there.

What I would say about cops in the US is they are a major part of the problem as well. Firstly the majority and I mean by some distance are Republicans yet it is those same Republicans they vote for who lead the way in making sure gun violence continues to run rampant all across America. So when cops bleat about gun violence they can go * themselves because the majority of them vote for the very people who ensure it continues and threatens those same cops lives unchecked. Then there is also the fact that US cops are very prone to plenty of outright gun violence of their own. Police payments in Chicago for police brutality violence and killings in 2021 alone amounted to about $67m. So regular are the payouts that the department has its own division that is tasked Soley with police brutality cases. Between 2004 and 2016 Chicago paid out $642m to settle police brutality violence and killings cases. So again for me the police here are very much part of the problem not victims in the gun violence issue.

Bottom line is though as you say the fact that my wife a * teacher of little kids goes to work every day with the reality that gun violence at her school is not some ridiculous it would never happen thing but something that is very real and could very well actually happen. That is sick and frightening but that is America.

packybhoy and Forestbhoy66 like this.