1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Maryan Shved

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 31, 2019.

Discuss Maryan Shved in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. rickyroma25

It's a higher standard. They consistently produce players of far higher quality than we do in this league. That doesn't mean there aren't examples of poor teams with poor players there. Of course there are. Hendry also started for Dundee in this league.

I couldn't care less about the Mechelen manager, but I see nothing wrong with what he said.

freitassen likes this.
  2. Jeremie Frimpong

It is immaterial.

Shved is unready to play for them because of his own shortcomings (and, perhaps, those of his manager), not because of the standard of the Scottish Premiership, in which he basically never kicked a ball.

The manager is an arrogant *.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  3. rickyroma25

I'm not debating the point about Shved's readiness. Only that it's a better standard of league.

4. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    How does the standard of Scottish football in the least bit effect Shved’s ability? He never * played Scottish football :39:

FranceCelt likes this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    All slagging our league but that's Jack Diddy, Kouassi and Shved all over there in their top flight..

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    That manager is just making excuses as to why Shved isn't featuring. By all accounts Shved didn't really impress for our development side either.

7. freitassen

I think, without fear of being arrogant, the Scottish Football and Celtic are two very different things, and the guys you are using as example (Kouassi, Hendry, etc. Watt doesn't apply, he was in the second tier and flopped there as usual) would also be good enough for any scottish team that isn't us. If he is talking about that, that the level of our opposition impacts the development of our players negatively, I agree. Motherwell struggled against Coleraine two days ago, no doubt any Belgian team would destroy them.

But I don't see how this would be an issue since Shved almost never played for us and probably their manager said this without knowing of that detail.

8. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    The problem I always thought with Scottish teams in Europe was that other countries teams like Holland, Belgium, Croatia even wee Leagues like Poland, Hungary and whoever all their tems play football against each other and some times there is big pumpings but they are at least competent at attacking other teams who are bette than them cause thats how they always play.

In Scotland every team shites it and defends against bigger teams or in big games, then when they go into Europe they need to attack often times weaker teams but the weaker teams play better football and it becomes a struggle and panic to win.

freitassen and MagicBallBhoy like this.
  9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

If league was that pish, he should have shone then, no?

Big Shoes likes this.
  10. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

its the mechelen manager deflecting criticism away from himself by thowing scottish football under the bus, easy target cause it is pish but could be a lot better if coaches produced good football instead of fighting football) how many years do our clubs get papped out of europe in the beginning rounds our national team dont qualify for anything this all points to * football, the clubs in scotland sit in their penalty box when the play us, how does that benefit watching public in stands or tv ? how does that sell the game to tv watchers ? how does that benefit scotland team ? how does that benefit individual players sending them out to park the bus ?

hes deflecting criticism of his new player and for him signing him and at the same time its like an arm round sveds shoulders saying scotland dont know how to appreciate a good player when they have one

i bet you dont get teams parking the preverbial bus 10 men in and around their own penalty box for the 90mins in belgium like they do in scotland

we have this small mindedness and defeatedness thing going on in scotland always been around in my 50 years thinks its a bad character/personality trait

11. freitassen

I feel Scottish teams see european football almost as a burden. Motherwell might not be fantastic, but Coleraine is a * semi pro team from a diddy league. Until Aberdeen started putting up some decent performances, basically literally any professional team in Europe would defeat a scottish team that isn't us or the huns. I remember Malmo beating Hibs with an aggregate score of 10-0. When Hibs probably has a quite similar budget to Malmo

12. Maestro 08

He didn't play against other spfl teams though. Shved's only real experience of playing in Scotland is training with his fellow Celtic players so it is a dig at us even if that's not what he intended.

It doesn't say much for Shved that he couldn't get near our team and now his new manager is having to make excuses for him already.

Its nothing to do with the leagues and everything to do with the player.

Dan Breen likes this.
  13. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

The last corona test on Tuesday in the run-up to the game against Charleroi confirms that there are no new infections. William Togui, on the other hand, has to be quarantined for an additional week.

Togui still tested weakly positive and has not built up enough antibodies to train and play with the group again.

The five other players in quarantine - Sofiane Bouzian, Maryan Shved, Aster Vranckx, Bas Van den Eynde and Victor Wernersson - are still being tested.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic's on loan winger Marian Shved has been ripped to shreds by raging Mechelen boss Wouter Vrancken over his bad attitude and advised to take up billiards instead of football.

The Ukrainian creator moved to the Belgian Jupiler Pro League side for a year's loan this summer after he struggled to make the grade at Celtic Park.

At the time, the club's manager Vrancken was ecstatic to land the 23-year-old. He said: "Let's be honest here, Marian Shved is an outstanding talent who would not normally choose to play for a club like Mechelen. We are very lucky to have him."

However, a few months on and after just three sub appearances for the club, Vrancken's patience has spectacularly shattered and Shved provoked an astonishing outburst from him when quizzed about his lack of appearances.

Vrancken said: "I don't feel like I should be wasting my time on him anymore.

"The players and staff have done everything they can to include Shved in the squad, but he puts himself above the group.

He regularly arrives late and even pretends not to be here.

The staff and the players have talked to him several times. I spoke to him in private, I also addressed him in the group. But we haven't got a response.

"Well, it stops now. If he wants to be a loner, he can. Go play billiards for the rest of his life or something.

"He doesn't want to belong in this group where everyone jumps through fires for each other.

"He is introverted, but his arrogance makes it worse.

"There are many players in football who have not got the best out of their career, despite all their talents.

And the way Shved is going, this will happen to him too.

"If these comments get a response from him and make something click in his head, then so much the better and we will have a high-quality player on our hands.

"But if it doesn't then he won't play. I cannot accept he puts himself above the rest of the squad."

Shved is on a season-long loan with Mechelen until the end of the season, but the Belgians look certain to attempt to return him to Celtic before then, where he still has two-and-a-half years left of his contract.

Shved made just three appearances for the Hoops - he was one of Brendan Rodgers last signings.

17. Crilly

I wonder if this was the case here.

The_Bhoy and MagicBallBhoy like this.
  18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

There we have it. Thats why he doesnt play. Big *.

19. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What a waster.

As much as we slated Jack Hendry, look at his loan compared to this wolly. Clearly above his station.

20. Lewis Kerr

Sounds like his problems are psychological

:lenny2: