1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Maryan Shved

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 31, 2019.

Discuss Maryan Shved in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. themouth1888

Pointless loaning back to Ukraine. May as well just sell him.

If he's to he loaned it should be to another SPL team. Maybe somewhere in England at a push but may unsettle him further.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Such a frustrating one as he looked class before coming in..

Looks clear as day that he can't adjust to western Europe and if it's true he only wants to go back to his home club and nowhere else in the Ukraine...then that says it all..

Been a waste of money and we'll take a hit because he only wants to go home. Annoying all round..

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Looks like another waste of money. If he gets loaned out back to Ukraine, then we're essentially giving up on him.

4. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

I don't understand it at all that league is better than the spl not sure why the boy hasn't been given a chance

Dan Breen likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Hes struggling to settle here. Think his lack of english is holding him back from playing more. He stayed in Glasgow during lockdown to be fair to him though

Peej and paulm25 like this.
  6. Momo Sylla

Then we would be better trying to help him settle if we think he can make it here. Sending him home on loan won't do us any good.

Pretty sure the reason he left Sevilla was that he couldn't get settled.

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Nah we can not be loaning him back out to Ukraine. If that is the case we may as well just release him.

If he is truly homesick and can't settle at all in a foreign country, fine, I get that. But we need to cut the loss to some degree and not just be loaning him back to his former club, eventually for his contract to run out and they back up on a free - wasted money completely.

We need to at least try and get him up to speed in our league, Hibs, Sheep are the usual good calls for this kind of player and so long as he is fit and willing, he will make an impact there. In that sense he settles in the country and is getting adequate game time we can monitor fully on.

I like the kid, he is somewhere between Forrest and Roberts in term of style, ability there is something there for sure - top goal scorer in Ukraine for a winger isn't something to shrug at.

8. Foley1888

I 100% agree with this, there is no value to Celtic in loaning Shved back to his old club and I am guessing they won't be in a position to pay a reasonable fee for him. If we were to loan him Aberdeen for example are devoid of creativity and could be a possibility, although their hammer thrower style of football might not suit. Motherwell could be a good fit as they try play decent football.

I was looking over the past 10 seasons since Lenny came in the first time and we have had a lot of successful transfers but also a lot of poor ones where sums similar to what we paid for Shved have gone on the likes of Amido Balde, Mo Bangura, Derk Borrighter, Scott Allan and Stefan Scepovic who were all not at the required level or the likes of Pukki who didn't workout and all then were moved on at a combined loss of around £10m. I worry Bayo is looking like going the same way. The frustrating thing is Shved looks to have good ability and a good goal scoring record, he has some strike on him too. All of which could make him an asset but for whatever reason he is not making it in to contention to play.

Peej likes this.
  9. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    What if the boy genuinely can't settle. Not only that doesn't fancy going to another scottish club. Surely no one would accept the club taking the stance 'we are looking after our interests here and don't really care about your personal situation so wether you like it or not you're staying in scotland'.
    It would make more sense to me to send him back home with strict assurances that he learns English to the best of his ability. Get him back and see what's what.

10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    If he hasn't learnt English by now, he won't be willing to any time soon IMO.
    Not meaning this as a total negative on the lad, but he had 5 months while being back on loan in Ukraine to have got himself a tutor and learnt the language a little - perhaps he thought it would be easy when he got here? I that case he has had a further 13 months and the past 2-3months stuck in the house. I've been brushing up on my French, for no other reason than to pass the boredom. Surely he has managed a lesson once or twice? If he is willing that is.

11. Foley1888

I wouldn’t expect us to force him to do anything but if it’s a case of going back to Ukraine we will need to set a price to sell him and if his previous club can’t afford that but another in Ukraine can and want to buy him then their bid will be accepted and Karpartys not.

The only other alternative is a reasonable loan fee to recoup some of our outlay. We can’t just sign him and loan him back to the club we bought him from until his contract runs out season after season for free.

12. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Has understanding the language ever been a problem for us?

13. JamesM09

Gutted we can’t make this one work.

14. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    In terms of players coming here?

Nakamura the obvious example, he did fine. Moravick too, his English was very very basic.

Assume Shved has a translator to help?

Lilac Wine likes this.
  15. celtic warrior

Petrov really struggled to adapt for time fue to language, remember that one.

16. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Absolutely baffled as to why this one won't stick.

He looked a real steal before he signed and looked really really promising after.

For some reason or other he's just not getting a chance. I highly doubt it's to do with a language barrier. As has been already noted, petrov, Baka, lubo et al all had fluency issues and had next to zero issues .

He also doesn't appear to have a bad attitude either.

It might be that he's thick as mince. Can't follow the team talks, tactical sessions etc etc.

Either way I'm gutted for the kid. 2 moves to 2 big euro clubs both down the *. At least his girl is an absolute stunner.

17. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    :fear:

Zanderama and Seán Mac D like this.
  18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Wow :giggle1:

Seán Mac D likes this.
  19. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    The Prophecy

20. Foley1888

I just watched the video below of him that was doing the rounds before we signed him. He looks class, so skilful and that left foot doesn’t half produce some cracking goals. I can’t see it but hopefully he turns it round this year.