1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Maryan Shved

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 31, 2019.

Discuss Maryan Shved in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    “A Messi” would be a huge standout in the squad and would get games because of outstanding talent. Not a great comparison.

Lennon has said he has talent, but so did Rogic and Christie and there were periods at the beginning where they weren’t at the level we needed them to be. They had to improve. It’ll be the same for Shved.

2. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    * why can’t some of you * get it into your head the reason he’s not getting a game is because he has been * in training compared to the guys who are getting a game. Neil Lennon is 100% correct not to play him until he pulls his finger out if his * and shows what he can do in training. Of course it’s possible the guy is simply not Celtic class and will never make it here. Couldn’t give a * what he’s done on YouTube if Lennon, Kennedy and Duff don’t rate him because of his performances in training no one on here or any other website are going to tell me they know better.

Metrobhoy, Gabriel and ladbroke8 like this.
  3. BathBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Here we go again
    Not going to say I know better, but what I do know is training is a means to end, not an end in itself.

The theory is the better you train the better you play, but it doesn't always work that way.
    If he's being lazy or is unfit, then he can't be trusted during a game, but I'd like him to get a chance even if it's only 20/30 minutes.
    Lenny could say to him "ok son you're not pulling up trees in training let's see what you can do in the real thing"
    Obviously somebody would need to translate and preferably not the guy that does Morelos:67:

Keano88 likes this.
  4. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

This.

I want to see more of Shved but we are in great shape without him. Fair enough if we were struggling for a bit of creativity or skill in the side but we're spoilt for choice in the forward areas.

JC Anton likes this.
  5. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Being dropped for the Europa squad suggests we won't see much of him.

I think he'll be loaned out for next season.

Was good to see him though, but just a bizarre signing from the off.

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

We are playing so much football that I just hope the current core doesn’t burn out, it’s all good now but we won’t know until the end of the season.

Honestly don’t know how McGregor has done it the past few seasons. Boys a machine. Brown isn’t human either.

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Some of you would happily have a squad made up of Jack hendry, Sheridan's, Morgan's etc if was just down to some hard work in training.

Yes, you have to fight for your place etc, but the training pitch is not the only place you can do that.

It doesn't send a bad message if you play a guy who is able to change a game and win you goals etc. It sends a bad message if you play folk who continuously fail on the pitch.

The shved situation is not different from previous players who will have been better on the pitch than the training field.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    How do you work that first bit out? Are you saying Ajer, Jullien, James Forrest etc are lazy trainers who don’t put the work in? Or when Sheridan was here JVoH or something like that?

Imagine James Forrest, working his * off, scoring and creating. Getting dropped for a guy who’s not trying worth a * in training and can’t even understand what the manager wants him to do?

You don’t think that would effect the team?

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    They are just names of players who weren't that great for us, in a hypothetical world where perhaps they were the best trainers we had.

In the same hypothetical situation, would some on here be happy to drop ajer, Julien, Forrest etc I'd they was lazy in training?

Here's one for you all....

Sinclair was one of our best trainers, very professional, very determined and put a massive amount of work in to his game...what happened with Sinclair in the last 6 months? Dropped from the team and for the 18 months prior a large chunk of Celtic fans demanded he was dropped. But he was a great trainer.

Point is, training hard should not be the automatic right to start, some players just aren't good enough, or off form regardless of training.

Equally, a player can be a bad trainer, but a fantastic player. As is the assumption on shved right now that he isn't a great trainer, but we do see a tidy player in him.

On shved himself, he reminds me of a style somewhere between Roberts and Sinclair. Direct and pace, but a bit of intriguing creativity.

10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'm sure paddy McCourt was known (and admitted) to being a shocking trainer and based on some folks impression of training levels, then McCourt should have been nowhere near a Celtic jersey.

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    But now you’re just making up what the parametres are to get a game at Celtic. You need to work hard at what the manager wants, you need to be able to understand what the manager wants, you need to be at a certain fitness level, you need to work and produce on the pitch.

When there are players infront of you that are doing every single bit of that, you need to work harder to force your way in and show you’re invaluable to the team and the manager. You don’t get rewarded for a bad attitude.

12. Keano88

Don’t think anyone wants Forrest dropped for Shved but some people would like to see him to get more than 30 mins playing time in a 60+ game season.

From his small cameo when he scored earlier in the season and at the weekend there I can already tell he’s a better option than Lewis Morgan (who probably trained better).

13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    There should not be a set parameter though, this is the point.

If given a 90 minute game shved is better than Morgan (it's early for shved but the signs look like he will be better), then he should be playing.
    Not Morgan because he trained harder.

I could train with all my might and have a better work ethic than shved...but I don't think I should be picked ahead of him if he can do it on the pitch.

Fully87 and Officer Doofy like this.
  14. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Lets hope he is given the same amount of game time as Morgan, then we can make a call.

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    This.

17. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Hurled an absolute blinder against the sheep reserves what I saw from the highlights. Some great touches and balls played and also scored

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Forgotten man Marian Shved has admitted he can't get a game for Celtic because his Hoops pals are just too good.

The wide man has made just three appearances for Neil Lennon 's side since his £2 million move last year from Karpaty Lviv and was Brendan Rodgers' final move in the market.

His brief cameo appearance against in the Scottish Cup against Clyde was his first sighting for months and the deal maker that led him to Glasgow recently admitted a new start was needed.

Lviv sports director Oleg Smaliychuk admits the Ukranian isn't making excuses over his lack of impact with the Premiership champions.

And he revealed he was surprised the winger chose to sign for Celtic rather than Genk, who offered more money than the Scottish champions.

Smaliychuk said: "Marian has very strong qualities as a player and as a person. He never looks for excuses.

"If you asked 99 per cent of Ukrainian players why they weren't playing, they would say the manager is bad, their agent was rubbish, or the pitch isn't good enough. Anything.

But when I asked Marian about Celtic he just told me he was trying as hard as he possibly could, but there are so many good players at Celtic. He told me they are a big club and have an excellent selection of players.

When the time came for him to move, he had an offer from Belgium too. I gave him a list of pros and cons of moving to Genk or Celtic and told him to make a decision, along with his father.

[​IMG]

"I thought he made the right choice, but how was he to know Brendan Rodgers would leave straight away. Celtic were also going to loan him to another club in Scotland, but changed their minds too.

"Genk actually offered more money than Celtic, but we gave him the choice and he chose Celtic. Looking back and knowing what we know now, he may have made the wrong choice."

Fully87 likes this.
  19. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    Not every player in the world are great trainers. Sometimes u need to encourage a player and give him a wee bit of love to help. Imo Lennon said he had trained really well in Dubai and was happy yet he gets no game time since Dubai. I don't for one second think he doesn't have ability and maybe the fact he's in a foreign country, learning a new language and not getting games doesnt help.

20. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    Imo too much is placed on how a player trains. I want to see all the skills he has on the pitch on a Saturday not running his guts out on a training pitch. Give me a talented skilful player over a hard working limited ability player every single time. 60 mins of magic over 90 mins of nothing is a far better option

Peej likes this.