1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Maryan Shved

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 31, 2019.

Discuss Maryan Shved in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Neil Lennon has revealed that Marian Shved will lose his place in Celtic's Europa League squad for the rest of the campaign.

The Ukrainian arrived last January with a big reputation but has struggled for game time with Celtic.

The Hoops can make three changes to their squad for the latter stages of the Europa League, and need to find space for Patryk Klimala, Ismaila Soro and Jeremie Frimpong.

Lewis Morgan and Scott Sinclair have left the club but that still leaves one player to be dropped.

Lennon confirmed: “Those three will come into the squad.

“It’ll probably be Marian Shved (who drops out).

“He’s found it difficult, he struggles with the English and in training at times he’s not at the level the rest of them are.

He’s still a very talented player, but he’s still taking a bit more time to adapt and acclimatise than maybe some others would."

2. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think its a bit strange if hes finding it difficult acclimatise why would you make it worse by freezing him out especially when a couple of weeks ago Lenny said hes ready to rip the league apart

neilly1987 and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  3. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Neil son, ffs, you banged yer heid. Weeks ago he was blowing you away in training.

* is he playing at with this guy, total bizarre * from start to finish.

Who actually signed this guy, after Rodgers bizarre statements as he was arriving and now NL's amnesia kicking in.

Some fkn weird * signings we're coming up with.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  4. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

I think bolingoli should have been the one dropped, Hes had his chance and was *. Now hes "taken time" he should be dropped over shved. Shved needs giving a chance on the park to prove himself.

littlekennie and neilly1987 like this.
  5. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Uefa.com already has Shved out the squad with the new lads in

This been submitted already?

6. Keano88

Earlier today I believe.

Marty McFly likes this.
  7. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Cringer has * all on you mate :50:

Cringer67 and Keano88 like this.
  8. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Obviously canny doubt the gaffer and he sees him every day but this whole situation does my nut right in man.
    Really bizarre and frustrating as well given he's come out with conflicting remarks praising the boy.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  9. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    21 year old boy movingly from Ukraine to Scotland, can understand why this is happening but it doesn’t mean he’s totally written off, say he settles in and picks up English, would be like a new signing :lenny2:

10. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    21 is not a kid.

11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    This is basically what it boils down to, and struggling to adapt obviously won't be helping. Lennon saying he's not reaching the same standard as others is as clear as he can make it. Shved needs to improve to win his spot in the team.

12. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Was very underwhelmed when we signed shved. Then I read several comments on here, praise from Ukraine (shevchenko in particular), heard that he was training well and started hoping. This might be another one that surprised us (like Christie, rogic and McGregor) and just all of a sudden burst onto the scene.

But being omitted from the EL squad makes me think it's more likely to end in disaster. You look at some of the names on those list, of shved isn't ahead of some of them he has reason to be concerned. Think he will be out the door come summer

13. Lewis Kerr

He's either * or Lenny doesn't like or rate him for whatever reason, and I don't think he's *

There's no way in * that he isn't better than Lewis Morgan. He scored a cracker for us early on in the season, and seen some footage of him in training scoring a blinder, we've had injuries all season and he still can't get a look in?

Cross this one out as a failed transfer

14. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Never think he was trying to give the boy a confidence boost and kick him on? Sounds like he’s the type of player that needs an arm round the shoulder.

15. Cringer67

Bizzare all round. Lenny isnt helping himself by waxing lyrical about his training in Dubai and then saying he's not at the same level, communication wise, 4 weeks later.

Smithy likes this.
  16. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    This shouldn’t shock you one bit, I love Lennon but he’s a walking contradiction with near enough everything. It’s like he’s * stupid and forgets what he’s said in previous press conferences.

17. stevoEOS

What I find frustrating is that nobody is willing to ask at a press conference as to why he’s being singled out for looking impressive in training one minute to being dropped from the squad the next.

18. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Should have loaned him to sheep, its a cold, miserable depressing place, would have reminded him of his home place.

19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    This is part of the larger problem in Scottish sports journalism, they refuse to actually do their job and simply ask the same old base questions and copy and paste what is said to them.

It's clear as day this past week with the Morelos carry in, none of them actually ask questions, they just nod and type what they are told to do.

No one questioned Gerrard, no one questioned the leak of the tampering of breaks and no one is going to ask Lennon why he said a month ago that shved was good in training, never gets a shot, and now is *.

Just copy down what is dictated to them and print it.

No work at all, pretty much every one of them should be ashamed to call themselves journalists.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

20. Jeffrey

A don’t think Lennon actually said he was going to explode onto the scene that was just the headline the papers used.

As far as I’m aware he was asked about Shved and said he’s had a good week of training in Dubai, nothing more.

Could be wrong