1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvin Compper

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Callum McGregor, Dec 19, 2017.

Discuss Marvin Compper in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

You weren’t far wrong with that minty.
    I can honestly say without fear or favour.

I honestly can’t remember him having more than one bad game for us, & over two years here that’s a * of a record that most professional footballers would be envious of.

Jack Hendry has a lot to learn from marvellous marv.
    You can see why the Germans came in for him if it’s consistency & stability they were after.

2. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Its good were actaully makin serious efforts in getting rid of passengers for a change.

buchanbhoy likes this.
  3. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I wish people would stop bumping this thread, I keep thinking he’s failed the medical.

4. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    Read somewhere it worked out we paid him £35k for every minute he played, I think it's nearer £20k but still, what a * disgrace and good riddance. Though I don't blame the player in the slightest, who wouldn't sit about earning £20k until something better turned up, as has been mentioned the fault lies with his signing in the first place, injuries aside he was cup-tied for Europe and we really needed someone who could play in all our game domestic and European.

5. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    This needs moved to the ex players section, near shat myself:56:

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  6. Onefootwonder

Sad to see him go.

A legend in the making.

7. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Get this thread to *, ex players section is too prestigious for this lump a wid.

TheHappyLoss and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  8. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
  9. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    * Lawwell. We are nothing but a selling club.

ladbroke8 and Random Review like this.
  10. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Ex Player Thread :78:

11. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Marvin Compper has lifted the lid on his nightmare 18-month spell with Celtic .

The 33-year-old played just once in green and white during his time in Glasgow and concedes he wasn't a fit for the Parkhead club

Brendan Rodgers' landed the former RB Leipzig defender in January 2018 but the German failed to impress the Hoops boss during his time with the club.

Celtic suffered a raft of defensive injuries during Compper's time with the club but he still couldn't force his way into contention.

The stopper's Parkhead nightmare was ended last week when he joined Duisburg.

Compper said: "Basically, I did not fit at Celtic. I was told very early on that I wasn't in their plans.

"That was a pity for me.

But I kept on training and being professional. I still wanted to contribute and the way I did that was to pass on my experience to the younger players.

"I was under contract with Celtic until 2020 and I could have stayed and not played, but I didn't want to do that

I would have been 35 by the time I left and I would have found it hard to find another club.

"I wanted to sign for a club where I could play football again. I wanted a club who needed my experience.

"I've seen and experienced a lot in my career. I want to be a role model to the young players here. I've played in four different European leagues and for my country.

"My body still works well and I did actually get to play a couple of reserve games at Celtic, so I know I am fit enough and injury free. I'm really excited about being able to play again

But Compper admits he will still be keeping a close eye on his former team-mates this season.

He added: "And I haven't cut all my ties with Glasgow...I still have a subscription for Celtic TV!"

13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Get to * ya * we tried to pay you off last summer and you sat on yer hole for a year which you where entitled to do tbh but yet still a *

14. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Compper said: "Basically, I did not fit at Celtic. I was told very early on that I wasn't in their plans. ...then why was he signed in the first place ???

15. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Totally bizarre. He must have been rotten if hendry was ahead of him.

16. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Had to go down as one of our worst signings ever. There’s a few from the rat era that are like that tbh.

buchanbhoy likes this.
  17. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Someone at our club needs fukin hunted.

18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Don’t blame him one bit for coming here, must feel absolutely * to sign for a club then be told you’re not wanted, early on.

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Former Marvin Compper violet, currently in the Duisburg, spoke of the former Leipzig team-mate Diego Demme, a player approaching Fiorentina but also of the viola in general, not before mentioning his return to Germany. Here are his words: "I am happy to be back in Germany even if in the third division, but I have the chance to play and we want to go back to B. Celtic? I carry with me so much, as a man I learned a lot with another culture as it was in Italy: change of ownership purple? I think that now there is the possibility of starting a new road, they have resumed Montella to play a different game than their predecessor, there is a project and for now they play with many young people and then they can only grow. Prade? It is good that the manager and the coach think the same way in a company. Demme? We are also friends. We talked about Florence a few weeks ago and he made his holidays in Tuscany, in Monteriggioni. Italian and speaks the language, played the Champions League, finished second and plays the title in Leipzig, he is 28 years old and still has a leg, an interesting option for Fiorentina, he made a trip to Florence and is a dream for him or playing in Italy, he is very interested in playing in his father's country "

https://www.firenzeviola.it/ex-viola/compper-demme-vuole-giocare-in-a-in-toscana-294809

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FORMER Celtic flop Marvin Compper admitted he was thrilled to have completed his first competitive game for 505 days as he got off to a winning start with Duisburg in Germany.

The German international was completely frozen out at Parkhead and featured in just one solitary game for the Hoops – a 3-0 Scottish Cup win against Morton in March, last year.

Since then, the 34-year-old hadn’t kicked a ball competitively until the weekend when he helped Duisburg to a 4-1 win against Sonnenhof Grossaspach in the opening fixtures of the German Third Division.

And the former RB Leipzig defender admitted it was good to return to playing football

He said: “It was a nice feeling to be back playing and really, that’s exactly why I came to Duisburg.

“I suppose it felt a bit strange at first after all this time out, but it took no time at all to get back into it

I made it clear when I left Celtic my main aim as to play football and that’s why I came here. My body is still strong.

We won 4-1 without ever really playing well to be honest and that’s a good thing.

Now it’s just a case of trying to play as many games as I can at this stage of my career.”