1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Manchester City F.C

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Heisenberg, May 6, 2011.

Discuss Manchester City F.C in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. liammcdowell

Where the climate is raw and the gun makes the law
    Fav Celtic Player:
    KT63
    I absolutely detest these small clubs with no history and no culture being taken over by rich owners who use them as their play things. Man City are everything that's wrong with modern football and if there's any justice they'll be dumped out at the first round of qualifying.

The worst part about these teams though is there fans, old and new, who claim other teams are 'jealous' or 'bitter' about the fact that their team don't have a similar sugar daddy.

Manchester City, the biggest whores in football.

2. YankBhoy

So you're saying only 10 clubs in the world are entitled to have a good history and tradition??? I guess that's what's wrong in this new "footie" world is * teams finally want a piece of glory and tradition what a crime that must be. It's tiring talking about the same teams over and over again. If Man City is the top whores in football then the rest are only 2 dollar * I suppose. Also you either are jealous or bitter to sit there and carry animosity towards them on account of "money", seriously? are you mad at every person in the world with more money then you?:56:

3. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

There are many clubs with a huge and long tradition. Only because they ain't among the top dogs at the moment doesn't mean they have lost all their glory.

When it comes to Man City, it's not the fact they are rich, it's how they became rich. Europeans don't like sugar daddys.

Also it's always annoying when a club didn't have 3 fans and once they get a sugar daddy they have 1000 fans and they all pretend to be lifelong supporters.

4. AmericanCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Skippy, JVoH, McCourt, Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I hate Man City with all my heart :RedFinger

5. northeast67

good to watch imo, wouldnt mind it happening to us mainly but the whole of the spl, then players would turn up.

6. liammcdowell

Where the climate is raw and the gun makes the law
    Fav Celtic Player:
    KT63
    Haha jealous and bitter, exactly the words I said you would use in my other post. I am in no way jealous or bitter about Manchester City. If anything I pity them and their pathetic fans, who are just desperate from some recognition from United (and I don't like them either).

There's nothing wrong with wanting a bit of success, but that's no reason to * yourselves out to get it. And money will never buy tradition, or culture, all it will buy is plastic fans who need to read a beginners guide on the website (it is absolutely shameful that that's on there by the way), and will desert the team as quickly as they started their glory hunting charade. It's not the fact that City have success now (or in the very near future almost certainly) that bothers me, it's the means used to attain it. Look at a team like Villareal, who no one had heard of ten years ago and have slowly built on what they had, improving slowly and getting better all the time. This is the way it should be, it should not be attained by some billionaire coming along and buying an also ran (when he thought he was actually buying United) and spending a hundred million on players every year. It will probably win City the league, but it is an empty win, same as Chelsea's were. You even signed the likes of Robinho who didn't even get the teams name right in his first interview, that's how much of a mercenary he was. Pathetic.

The only thing City fans have is the fact that they have a lot of money, imagine singing about how rich you are, not exactly the classy way that so called top teams behave. City are a small team with no history and no culture, and that is not something you can argue with. Even that beginners guide, called From the Poznan to Dzeko, was named after two things you have picked up since Christmas, you really are a pathetic excuse for a team.

You are from Indiana, how long have you supported Manchester City, and why do you support them?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2011
  7. Must.Be.Me

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Bad John
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Under achieved?

They are in a cup final and qualified for the champions league. I think that's pretty good considering it's a brand new squad and the players need time to gel.

:bbpd:

8. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

157.350.000 €
    147.300.000 €
    182.450.000 €

That's the amount they have spent in the past 3 seasons. Don't think their 'success' so far is anything special, especially not considering the money they have wasted.

9. Xavier Woods

Fav Celtic Player:
    Erik Sviatchenko
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    got my City shirt on today :bbpd: come on City :icon_mrgreen:

10. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Nobody would haye Man City if they didn't have money. I don't begrudge the City fans their crack at the big time.

My mate had to suffer watching them go through relegation to Division 1 and then Division 2. A season-ticket holder all the way through.

buchanbhoy likes this.
  11. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

City are a breath of fresh air imo.

Good to see a new club in the title race.

12. Scarecrow

its the cling-on glory hunters i hate, and the whole buy success pish :50:

13. StevieBhoooy!

Cas verdict imminent

Appeal relates to Uefa ban from February

Manchester City appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport after Uefa's Club Financial Control Body (CFCB) issued a two-year ban from European club competitions in February.

The CFCB ruled the club had committed "serious breaches" of Uefa's Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations between 2012 and 2016. They were also fined 30m euros (£25m).

City immediately signalled their intention to appeal to Cas. They believe the CFCB was not independent and ended up being distrustful of it, partly due to the amount of secretive information the club felt was leaked to the media.

They are adamant that what they consider an independent judiciary will clear them.

14. StevieBhoooy!

Bar Stewards have got away with it!

no hope for Genuine financial fair Play in football

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-cas-news-live-18585989

Manchester City have won their appeal against a European ban and will be free to play in next season’s Champions League.

The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) agreed with the Blues that Uefa’s decision to throw them out of their competitions for “serious breaches” of their financial fair play rules and their club licensing rules, as well as alleged non-cooperation, was wrong.

The details of the CAS ruling have yet to be released, but City are believed to have appealed on the basis that Uefa’s decision was based on incomplete and hacked emails, had contravened their own rules, and that leaks to sections of the media from within the European governing body had meant they did not get a fair hearing.

City faced a two-year ban which would have cost them up to £300million in lost revenue, and could also have led to some star players considering a transfer request.

Kevin De Bruyne and Raheem Sterling had both indicated that they could seek a move away from the club if the two-year ban was not either quashed or reduced.

The problem began when the Football Leakswebsite published internal City emails which appeared to show executives had sought to “cheat” the financial fair play rules.

15. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    * shock horror. Disgusting.

16. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Well thats FFP just totally * now if it wasn't before. EPL billionaires win again.

FATLAZYBHOY likes this.
  17. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Money talks bhoys and ghirls .

FATLAZYBHOY likes this.
  18. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    What is the point of having rules and regulations with punishments when they can't or won't be implemented ?

19. StevieBhoooy!

I hope this is the last thing they ever win..

Uefa will be worried as this has undermined their ffp policies and given the green light to the oil-state clubs to do as they please. They’ve already ruined european competition ... they’ve now had that ‘rubber stamped’ by the court that is supposed to uphold such breaches.

Super-rich clubs that are wealthier than the european governing body can Put together a super-rich legal team to get their super-rich arses out of the fire..

Quite depressing and doesn’t look good for the future of ‘fair’ European competition.

20. ruzzle76

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubomir moravcic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the willy maley song
    Im beggining to hate modern football. Money has absolutely ruined it for me, from the price you pay to go to watch to the obscene wages to glory hunting fans. Tbh other than celtic i barely watch pro football now. Much more enjoyable watching junior football for me now.