1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

managers in euro 2008

Discussion in 'World Football' started by tim park, Jun 14, 2008.

Discuss managers in euro 2008 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. tim park

having watched most of the games/matches,,i have noticed the 2 managers stick out ,,marco van bbaston and slavin bilic look so charasmatic its unbelivable,,passion ,sprit ,confidence is spewing out of them
    no wonder they are doing so well

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Agreed, their enthusiasm appears to have created 2 fantastic team sprits within their respective squads. When you have talent and you add that you'll go far so i wouldn't be surprised if either go all the way!

3. ellboy

Fav Celtic Player:
    BOBO,AIDEN,ATRUR,NAKA
    Agreed the team spirit of those two sides are stand outs Van Basten and Billic seem to be infectious.

Fancied Croatia before the tournament doubts though as Eduardo was injured however his absence has not affected them to much thus far.

4. Croultras

well, bilic...only 39, favourite band to him is Iron Maiden, he's got he's own rock band, finished law school...yep, pretty charismatic:))))))))))
    he's playing guitar

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDOYn2ck_9o[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjrMIPC9mK0[/YOUTUBE]

this one is about football

5. DobbinS 1888

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song, YNWA.
    the dutch teams spirit is down to Dj Wesley banging out the tunes before the games and he does a fair bit on the park aswell :56:

6. McNaka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, sends chills up my spine
    Van Basten is a mystery to me. Completely lost the plot in the World Cup. After that mockery of a game against Portugal, with very poor theatrics on both sides, he had the nerve to say that Hollands' problem was not enough experience on the field. That was while RVN sat on the bench all game. Meanwhile Kuyt utterly wasted * only knows how many great balls into the box as the lone upfront striker.

Whatever fallout they had, though, was patched up... RVN is back in. And Holland is scary dangerous.

7. Croultras

didn't van basten said that after euro he's leaving from holland bench? not only holland but he won't be coach at all?

8. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

Billic, already liked him when he was a player.. I knew he's a lawyer, didn't know he liked metal music and even played in a band. amazing guy :50:

9. McNaka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, sends chills up my spine
    I'm fairly certain he's already been picked up by Ajax.

10. Martin

His cheating and feigning of injury in the WC semi-final against France resulted in Laurent Blanc being sent off and losing the opportunity to captain his country in a World Cup Final. It is one of the cruelest things I've seen in a game of football. Bilic's behaviour was disgraceful that day.

11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Yip, pre-contracted to Ajax!

12. Croultras

Martin you're wrong...Bilic played most of the tournament injured, that's what made him great here back then. Against Holland he was wrecked apart and he still played...

13. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

if you only look for the negative things players did, then you won't have any or at least not many fav players or players you like. sooner or later any player in the world commits a stupid act (like Zidane in 06).

however Billic didn't die for me in 98. it takes much more for me to hold a grudge against somebody than that certain incident 10 years ago.

14. croatian_power

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bilic is a legend! The man is showing greatness! Even when he was a player in the WC 98 he played ALL THE GAMES under injections and drugs! Still he showed world class! When he transfered to EPL he was the most payed defender in those times! That has to say something! Am glad he signed a contract until the end of WC qualifications!