1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Spoiler Alert] Making A Murderer (Netflix doc. Series)

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Slaw, Dec 31, 2015.

Discuss Making A Murderer (Netflix doc. Series) in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BigWilly The Wildcard Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Willy
    The thing is that the results of the case are so well known that its really not a spoiler, this isn't a TV show its a Documentary about the what happened

also here is an interesting link to an interview with Dassey's half Brother, very enlightening and very spot on

https://soundcloud.com/jake-tanner-show/brad-dassey-full-interview-life-after-making-a-murderer

2. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Just finished it, I think the young boy was definitely innocent and just used to get the guy but the guy im not that sure about, doubt she was raped or killed in the house or near the house but wouldnt say I knew for sure he was innocent.

The key I thing was probably planted and so was the blood and the bullet, also wonder how she was in the boot of the car when obviously if he killed her in the house and burned the body outside how she would have been in the car but he could have done it somewhere else and then brought the body back.

Interesting stuff.

The boy seemed too dumb to be at a normal school I thought as well, seemed clueless to what was going on when questioned and didnt even know the meaning of basic words, out the hundreds of people I went to school with I dont think there was 1 that stupid lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2016
  3. This Charming Man

Miscarriage of justice if I've ever seen one

How the * is her roommate/ex-boyfriend or whatever the * he was exempt from all suspicion, he didn't report her missing for 4 days? Also Steven Avery has a car crusher, yet he supposedly leaves the car 'hidden' (read: '1 branch leaning against the car') after he supposedly removed ALL evidence inside his room and garage. The woman who searched for evidence on his salvage yard found the car within minutes, she was also rather conveniently the only one to be given a camera. The fact that there's blood in her car despite her apparently being burned right outside his * house. Then there's evidence that the body was burned elsewhere and then subsequently planted on Avery's land. The fact that her key ONLY had his DNA on it. The fact that after searches around his house the key suddenly appears after the Manitowoc Sheriff department set foot on his property. There's more but I can't be bothered blabbering on. Really do feel sorry for the guy though

The most worrying thing about this is just how powerless and minor Steven Avery is in contrast to the wider world yet we're seeing this degree of injustice being applied to him.

4. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    What about the young nephew especially but, hes to be in the jail until 2048 or something and he was clearly innocent. Anycunt could see from a mile away he was bullied into talking and just agreed with what they said.

5. JasonMcG1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    kieran tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace

Aye shocking man was * off big time after watching it . Can imagine what his wee mum n dad were going threw no one speaking to them and that

6. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

Maybe in USA but not here, I'm quite into things like this (wow that sounds creepy) but I had no idea.

Started watching something called the Jinx aswell, which is good so far

7. SwoopingVulture

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Yeah, I had never heard of this case at all, so everything was new to me so it can be spoiled.

Jinx is quality, and the ending is... Wow! I won't * spoil it for you! :smiley-laughing002:

8. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I'd never heard of Steven Avery until watching this. So it can be spoiled, obviously easier than a TV show say.

Finished it last night, fantastic television. Loved the two defence lawyers.

9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Lots of evidence coming out that the documentary never mentioned... Who is it coming out with this apparent evidence? Ken Kratz. :87:

10. James Gold Member Gold Member

Just finished watching this tonight the 2 defence lawyers were brilliant. Kratz you could tell a mile off something was going on there. The Brother and room mate got off far too lightly really don't like the brother.

11. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Everyone seems to be talking about this programme. I've watched the first episode, and look forward to the rest. Apparently it really kicks on from episode 3?

12. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Is this only on netflix?

13. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)

I actually really enjoyed the first couple more because I knew he'd get justice. The rest is interesting aswell. Your blood will boil though.

Also what I find really interesting is the fact you can get bail for near on anything in America - if you can pay the fee. Mad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:

YouTube has most of the episodes I'm sure.

15. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

To the guy that spoiled it, you're a * scummy * ! I stayed away because I knew there would be a * like you in here somewhere. *.

Regarding the show. Fantastic viewing, made for great watching. Don't think I've ever been so angry in all my life watching something like that. Absolutely ridiculous how they blatantly ignore facts, and lack of evidence. Hillbilly, backward *. I knew that that jury would be dodgy too. Disgusting what they've done. Especially to Brendan. Poor kid, everyone can see a mile off he was innocent.

16. SwoopingVulture

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Whatever, that DA Katz has the creepiest voice known to man. Basically a fat Michael Jackson (was about to say white then stopped myself).

Finished it last night. Great watch. Absolutely horrifying the lack of scrutiny that went on. Not sure if Avery did or didn't do it.

All the lawyers that defended Avery came out of it very well (not just the 2 that did his latest case but the 2 previous ones also). Amazing the difference between the state provided lawyers and the private ones though. Shows how OJ got off, legal defence is so reliant on money.

Also thought it was amazing how many of the small town cops were grossly obese and had moustaches - i thought this was just a joke stereotype from the 1970s.

Give this show a watch.

17. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:

Simmer down. I apologised but I'm not wrong. It's real life - how can you spoil real life? Just because it's on Netflix? That's like me making a ww2 documentary and sticking it on Netflix, then folk saying 'oh, better not spoil it but some German guy kills himself when his country loses'......

The show was never made to be a will they won't they sort of show. With spoilers. It was a true story made to document the sheer corruption of the police system in that county. Whilst bringing attention this case for the two convicted so maybe they can fight it again. You can watch the show even knowing about the two of them and learn so much about the US system.

18. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I thought it was funny as well how the guys on the opposite side from Avery actually looked like stereotypical bad guys, Katz as you said and the two guys who questioned the nephew, the baldy guy and other guy with him, also the lawyer of the nephew who seemed like he was on the other guys side, it was like it was a TV show and they purposely made those guys look like creepy bad guys compared to the Lawyers on Averys side who were like two nice good guys :smiley-laughing002:

19. This Charming Man

The best thing about this series were definitely the two defence lawyers, both of them really did give me hope. It seems they can be the last line of defence for some people and definitely the difference between justice and injustice where needed. Loved the scenes where they put something forward in court and then one where they explained the importance of the case they put forward followed it. In hindsight this documentary does give a good insight to various aspects of law and order.

20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You are a * :56:

I watched it last week, as the vast majority would have, not knowing the outcome of the court case.

That being said don't read the thread if you don't want to know what happened - I didn't.