1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia] Mafia III - Pick Your Poison

Discussion in 'Competition Corner' started by Taz, Jul 6, 2016.

Discuss Mafia III - Pick Your Poison in the Competition Corner area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Pick Your Poison

[​IMG]

TalkCelticburgh & TC-upon-Clyde have both successfully warded off the influx of organized crime in their midst. Ws the coast clear once and for all or would there be another influx of murderous cut throats to wreak havoc among another peaceful community?

And so it was on a seemingly idyllic summer night that a blood curdling scream shattered the tranquility of KirkCeltic. Startled residents roused themselves from their repost to discover the body of their collective friend and neighbour with his throat cut, slumped against the wall.

Most disturbing of all, scrawled nearby was...

[​IMG]

Game Structure

Asalways, the game will be divided into 2 cyclical phases. A 'Day' and a 'Night' phase.

Night Actions

There will be a deadline set for this of roughly 24hrs (although it will be quicker if all actions are in earlier we can move on and keep the ball rolling) for those of you with an assigned role to confirm your actions (if any) you wish to take through the 'Night'.

During the night phase, please refrain from posting in this thread. Ideally it would be locked/unlocked but need Mod powers to do this, lol. :smiley-laughing002: Though thankfully the Mods have stepped up in this capacity. Thanks, guys!

Day Actions

At the outset of each 'Day', I will update this thread with anything that happened through the night, in terms of deaths (if any), in addition to revealing any role that this person had.

At which point, the town (including everyone who has a role) can discuss what has happened, and decide of a course of action? Who is suspicious etc and if you wish, can elect to lynch someone. :97:

For those of you new to this, there are no hidden clues in my write ups. They are done just to entertain and push the narrative forward. Any co-incidences are purely that: a co-incidence.

It takes a majority to lynch. For example, say there is 12 in the game, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

You would do this in this thread. If you wish to lynch someone simply type Vote: [player name]

Through the course of which, if you wish to change your mind you can do so, by posting Unvote: [players name]

This can be done as often as you desire during the day phase, until either a majority is reached or a deadline expires. Please note, now that there are enough people with at least some experience of this, there will be absolutely no rescinding of votes to lynch once a majority is achieved.

When you are voting if you could bold these, it makes it easier for anyone to spot. I will also try as best I can to update any running tally when I can during the day phases.

Please note however:

Once a lynching majority is reached, the game is immediately frozen.

If no majority is reached by the deadline, there will be no lynch action for that day.

Once a majority is reached or deadline expires, please do not post in the thread until I have had a chance to write a quick recap of the final tally etc as well as reveal any role that the person had, before moving on to the next Night phase.

Pacing of the Game

A Day may last 2 days or so, just because people are on at different times and may need to defend themselves etc and am not looking to force the pace too much, given that this may be a bit new to many of you.

Likewise, a Night phase will probably last roughly 24 hrs (or until I get action requests as required).

I will set deadlines at the beginning of each phase, but if all night activities are messaged to me (during a night phase) or a lynching majority is reached, we will move on.

Death

Ugh, it sucks. :54: But once you are dead ~ by lynch or by nightkill ~ you are dead. No further contribution to the game. No death post. No discussion of the game anywhere. Simply observe the game as it plays out, and wait for it to wrap up before you speak about it with anyone.

Obviously, I can’t punish you for this, but it is bad form and the only thing I can realistically do is effect your winnings.

Don’t forget, you still win the game if your team does, even in death [​IMG]

There is of course prize v$ up for grabs.

v$300,000

to EVERY member of the winning faction; be it Town or Mafia.

There may be additional bonuses awarded!

Hopefully, this makes Sense?

If there is any questions, please ask in this thread, and will do the best I can to answer these so that everyone can see, as this is probabaly going to be a bit new to a lot of you. :smiley-laughing002:

To sign up, select an available number from the list below.

As noted above, roles have already been randomly been assigned to a number via random.org so it is a bit of potluck involved here. It has been generated prior to this being posted, and is not the same as the previous games. :icon_mrgreen:

Roles

Aside from the Mafia, there are 5 'power' roles. However, only 3 of these will be in active. Which? It is a mystery. :39:

Cop
    Jailkeeper
    Tracker
    Innocent Child
    Vigilante

My next post will include the roles descriptions, so everyone is aware of what each role is and what their limitations etc are.

Also, please note that people can 'role-claim' during the game. There are obviously pros and cons of this, though whether or not you believe someone or not is who they say they are is entirely up to you.

For those who want to sign up, pick a number.

I have been contacted by some that have not previously played, and will be reserving 1 spot for The Prof, and anyone new is always welcome, along with those that areup for a return. Always makes and creates some new dynamics. But as always, it is first in, first served.

2. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mafia

[​IMG]

Welcome, [player, player & player] You three make up the Green Mafia. You three, make up the sole Mafia in this game.

Abilities:

Faction communication:
    You may talk with your partners via PM to discuss your collective position within the gameand plan how to proceed.

Faction kill:
    Each night phase, any one of you three may perform the kill. To do this, any one of you can message me with the words Nightkill: [Player name].

So between you make certain of your target before messaging me.

Notes:
    1 - In the case of disagreement between you three, the first to message me the nightkill as outlined will decide the target. Once posted, this can not be changed, so be sure of your intent.
    2 - If one of you is individually tracked by the tracker, you will show as targeting the person that you, as a group, have targeted.
    3 - If one of you is jailed by the jailkeeper, the other two of you may still go ahead with the nightkill.
    4 - You do not have to perform a night kill any given night.

Win condition:
    You win when you control 50% of the town or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Tracker

[​IMG]

Welcome, [Player Name]. You have tracking skills honed through years of * sleuthing, and can check what other players get up to each night while remaining undetected yourself.

Abilities:

Each night phase, you may choose one person to track. To do so, use this PM chain to specify one name like so; Track: [player name].

Only the first person you ask for each night will be investigated, so be sure of your intent. In return you will receive information at daybreak, of whether or not they targeted anyone that night, and if so, whom they targeted. No further details than that (e.g. how they targeted someone) will be revealed to you.

Notes:
    Any of Mafia/Cop/Vigilante/Jailkeeper can target someone. Any of their victims/benefactors can be deemed "targeted".
    If any of the Mafia target someone, all three are deemed to be involved in the targeting.
    If someone is jailed and roleblocked/protected, their attempted targeting or being targeted of will still be revealed.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Cop

[​IMG]

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the sole representative of law enforcement for the Town.

Abilities:

Once during the game, in the night phase, you may choose one person to investigate. To do so, use this PM chain to specify one name like so; Investigate: [player name].

Only the first person you ask for will be investigated, so be sure of your intent. In return you will receive a Guilty/Not Guilty response showing whether they are Town or Mafia-aligned. No further details than that (e.g. Power roles) will be revealed to you.

N.B. This is a one-off ability. On the nights you do not choose to use this, please indicate as much in this PM chain, with the bolded words No Investigation Tonight.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Jailkeeper

[​IMG]

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the Town's Jailkeeper.

Abilities:

Each night phase, you may choose one person to imprison. To do so, use this PM chain to specify one name like so; Imprison: [player name]. Only the first person you ask for each night will be imprisoned, so be sure of your intent.

This player will be simultaneously blocked from performing any night-actions, and protected from kills only. i.e. They can still be investigated by the cop, or tailed by the tracker, but they are safe from Mafia or Vigilante targeting.

Notes:
    You do not have to use this ability on a given night.

You can not imprison yourself.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive. For these purposes you are considered to be part of the Town.

Feel free to use this PM chain as a personal confessional, but note that any & all content is fair game to be revealed & posted after the game finishes. But everything wil remain confidential until the game is over.

Vigiliante

[​IMG]

Welcome, [Player Name], you are a vigilante, taking the law into your own hands.

Abilities:

Twice in the entire game, during the night phase, you may choose to enact your own personal brand of justice.

To do so, use this PM chain to specify one name like so; Kill: [player name]. Only the first person you ask for each night will be killed, so be sure of your intent. These two kills may not take place on the same night. That player will be killed during the night, and revealed as such in the morning post. Your, and the Mafia kills will be indistinguishable from each other.

Notes
    Your power takes precedence:

Over Tracker (i.e. they will die before they receive info).

Under Jailkeeper action. (person will be imprisoned, so is safeguarded but you kill jailkeeper at end of night)

and on equal terms with Mafia (i.e. you both successfully complete kills, even if targeting each other).

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive. For these purposes, you are considered to be part of the Town.

Feel free to use this PM chain as a personal confessional during the game, but note that any & all content is fair game to be revealed & posted AFTER the game finishes. It will remain entirely confidential until then.

Innocent Child

[​IMG]

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are an innocent child. Your innocence will shine through, when you choose to reveal it.

Abilities:

At any point during the game, day or night, you can choose to PM me to trigger your ability. To do so, use this PM chain to specify Reveal Innocence.

At the nearest possible day-time opportunity after this (i.e. when I'm next online), I will make a post in the public thread, confirming to the town your innocence beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Also, you are the ONLY player in the game I will publically confirm as being in this role while still active in the game.

Note if you trigger this ability at night, it will take place in the morning reveal post. Also, if you choose to reveal this, you need to send the request to me prior to a majority lynch being assembled. ie, if it looks like the town is going to lynch you, you can't wait until after that majority has been achieved and then request to be revealed as innocent.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Town

[​IMG]

Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Vanilla Townie.

Abilities:

Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive. Ultimately, at least one of the Town has to survive and all of the Mafia uncovered for you to win.

Please note that as a Townie, you still win if the Town wins, even if you are killed off theough the course of the game.

3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Glad it's back...

I'm town by the way lads..:smiley-laughing002:

No..8 please Taz..:50:

4. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Count me in again please Taz been looking forward to this:icon_mrgreen: Would recommended to anyone who's not had ago yet to get involved, great fun!

Edit- No 7 please :)

Vote Prof

5. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Available:

1. Prof
    2. Rupert
    3. obaf
    4. Fawlty
    5. Summer
    6. L
    7. V
    8. Anton
    9. Slaw
    10. Minty
    11. Keano
    12. Che
    13. Buffalo

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2016
  6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  7. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

In.. I'll take 9 please Taz :50:

8. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Added. :50:

9. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    12 again

10. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Number 2 please Taz :50:

11. Keano88

Count me in :34:

12. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    4 please.

13. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Added. :50:

With 1 spot reserved for Prof, that leaves 4 available spots up for grabs.

14. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

13 please

15. .L.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Griffiths
    I'm in. 6 please

16. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony