1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Madeleine McCann

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by CrazyBhoy, Aug 12, 2007.

Discuss Madeleine McCann in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ddub11

Really think if there was an real evidence then the parents would have been arrested and charged at this stage.

I recently spoke to a guy who has family in that neck of the woods and he was saying in the past there were gypsy groups who would set up outside large towns and at night go into the towns and kidnap kids.

They would then cross the bother and sell the kids.

According to this guy it got to the stage where locals would not let their kids out of their sight,anyway as far as he is concerned it is more likely it was a kidnapping more than anything else.

2. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I deleted my post because I dont want to think of her as not being alive.

3. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    If there was "any real evidence" of Gypsy groups doing this would they not have" been arrested and charged" ?

scootz likes this.
  4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I think someone knew the movements and routine of the McCanns, they saw an opportunity and took it.

I think she was probably killed within hours of her abduction.

Even someone who worked within the complex may have been involved.

It's all guesswork tbh, sadly we may never know what really happened.

5. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    This thread is going to keep going in circles

It’s like people trying to tell @Lewis1967 that Morelos is * and him saying he’s not

Except there we have some evidence to present

6. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

What makes you think she was killed if abducted? What would be the point in abducting her?

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye whatever any of us believe happened, what I'm certain of is she's 100% dead..

My angle is the parents side which obviously means she would've died..

If she was kidnapped then the heat would've been ridiculous on the offenders also and she'd have to of been disposed of..

There's zero chance she's out there now for me..

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Studies show that in a vast number of cases when a paedophile abducts a child, the child is abused and killed within hours of the abduction.

It could be that panic sets in and they feel there is a need to kill and dispose of the body after the sexual act has taken place.

Slaw likes this.
  9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

I've never really bought into the idea that she was taken by child traffickers, for the simple reason that they would've taken the other children as well, not just Maddie, for me it has all the hallmarks of a predator seizing on an opportunity.

Just my take on it, like everyone else i haven't got a scooby as to what actually happened, i respect everyones opinions and the right to voice them, can only hope that one day the truth will come out, until then it will continue to fascinate and divide opinion, for the parents it has to be a life sentence of mental torture.

10. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    That particular woman was a close friend of the McCanns and part of the drinking group. Her story apparently changed 4/5 times adding much more detail as she went. She didn’t raise the evidence of a man carrying a child until a few days later which for me has to be the vital most important bit of evidence in all the statements or witness’. This was possibly the time that Madeline disappeared and it was a child that was part of her holiday group. Why didn’t she raise this sooner.

11. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah that’s true. As I found out later a guy has came forward and said he had picked up his kid from the hotels child minding service and was walking back to his apartment. So it could have possibly been him.

packybhoy likes this.
  12. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

He’s not... :fear:

Marty McFly likes this.
  13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye that's a good point as they were younger. The oldest would've been asking allsorts of questions..

There's a case of Jonny Gosch who was a paper boy in the states. Went missing and was presumed dead. He turned up at his maws decades later showing his face for a couple of minute's and left with someone in the motor waiting on him..

He'd supposedly been * trafficked and the maw was just happy to know he was alive but had to go. Polis have said they find the maws story suspicious so it has happened in other cases but I don't believe it here..

I find it hard to have sympathy with the parents even taking away that I think they know exactly what happened but the fact they left them every single night to get tanked up with 3 young weans and no door's locked in a foreign country. Even dosing them up and weren't even that close. Weans screaming and asking on other night's why they didn't come back. That's unreal..

Aye her stories varied beyond belief. She's completely unreliable and a blatant liar..

I seriously doubt they were even doing routine checks at said time's either. I might be wrong but were there no the other table's kid's left in room's as well?

packybhoy likes this.
  14. ddub11

Cant say if there ever was or was not to be honest but this guy was only telling me what he knew from having family living there,im not saying it a fact or not but i guess its another possibility.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Think that was mentioned about group's coming in collecting for a kid's orphanage. There was no orphanage..

ddub11 likes this.
  16. Mr. Slippyfist

Jane Tanner?

If it's her you're on about, then there's something REALLY rotten about her, not to mention her profound lies.

Her "witness" statement regarding the supposed "foreign" looking guy in the beige jacket carrying a child set the precedent for this whole abduction story (well, that and the Kate one shouting about the wean being abducted).

For what it's worth, as much as I don't believe the maw or da, I doubt this conwoman even more than any *. Plus, a wee Freudian-slip, perhaps?

Notice she says "I was carrying the child..."

Gyp Rosetti and packybhoy like this.
  17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

I totally agree with you and of course this is the main reason there is so much anger towards the McCanns, i think even if they showed a degree of remorse at leaving their kids unattended it would've shown them to be more human and compassionate, but their arrogant manner only served to arouse suspicion as to their involvement in Maddies disappearance.

bagforlife likes this.
  18. scootz

I suspect that the guy who you spoke to might not be telling the whole truth.

Firstly, I highly doubt that the Portuguese Polis would not deal swiftly with gangs of gypsies who were alleged to be kidnapping kids. And if they did, then I highly doubt that the locals would not have taken matters into their own hands if their kids were going missing when these gypsy camps were (allegedly!) established. 'It got to the stage where locals would keep their kids out of sight... ' - it's not as if we're talking about milk bottles being stolen from folks doorsteps here FFS! If it 'got to THAT stage' then I'd bet a pound to a penny all * would have broken loose in the community and the wider world would have heard all about it.

I also highly doubt that the Portuguese border is a significant landmark for child-trafficking gypsies (I'm assuming that when you wrote 'bother' you meant 'border' ???). It's a crossing into Spain FFS - hardly the entrance to some third-world backwater where stolen kids go unnoticed.

Fully87, StPauli1916 and Twisty like this.
  19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I haven't watched the Netflix Doc, and don't intend to watch it, i don't even bother looking at any News articles anymore, because all it is is repetition of that we already know, there is nothing new.

I can remember all the headlines in the Newspapers over the years, arrest imminent, Maddie spotted abroad etc etc, Hollywood headlines with zero substance, all designed to shift copies and make money.

bagforlife likes this.
  20. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Yes I think one of or both the twins would have been far more suitable in a child abduction case. Being much younger and taken for a couple for money it would make more sense to have a child you can nurture into your own practice and ways. Madeline was in the middle of the process of being raised and gaining skills and would definitely be more hassle due to crying for mum or dad. Especially if they were on the road travelling and she would need to be delivered in perfect condition and not psychologically damaged by being surrounded by strangers in an alien environment.

bagforlife likes this.