1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

LOSC Lille (2) v Celtic (2)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by KevMan, Oct 25, 2020.

Discuss LOSC Lille (2) v Celtic (2) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. wulliebad

You only get tired by working,it was lenny again who * it by not subing him when everyone watching knew he was done.

packybhoy likes this.
  2. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    We deserved a point for our first half display, but have to say our defence is absolutely hoaching! CJ needs to get back ASAP to get house in order.

3. wulliebad

I don't know their team to be honest,just thought when those subs started flying on it was the first team wanting a go.

4. ddub11

Yep lenny leaves ye scratching your head sometimes,still its a slight improvement lets hope we can build on it and destroy the sheep.

ticketyboo0 likes this.
  5. Big C

Apart from getting caught in the ball constantly his legs were gone and he was still on the park, unbelievable.

Cringer67 likes this.
  6. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Dunno who's first team/rested or not for them, but they had some really good players I thought, both starters and subs.

7. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That was very near their full team tonight. About 8 of their regular 11 started and of those that didn't only Fonte never came on.
    Our starting 11 wasn't full strength either don't forget.

8. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Aye Sanches and Yilmaz are starters. The other boy isn’t as good as Ikone but he often starts.

I never thought they’d go as strong as they did tonight with Lyon at the weekend but shows they didn’t underestimate us.

9. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Nonsense to suggest otherwise.

10. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I suspect Eddy came on to get some match time before Sunday. He didn't take Ntcham off after that as he had only 1 more window to make subs, so he'd have had to make the 3 subs earlier than he clearly wanted to. What he should have done was replace Ntcham at the same time as Eddy came on, but after that he only had 1 last throw of the dice to try and see it out, but it was too late.

11. Liam Fraser

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    You sum it up well. I would of bit my hand off for a draw tonight but in the context of the match its annoying how we lost the goals and threw away the lead.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  12. Pearse67*

13. Big C

Our defending is abysmal absolutely abysmal. You could see it coming, the goals we loose every week are shocking.

14. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    100% this. We could all see that but he had a decent shift. He was playing further forward and him and Brown weren't getting tangled. People on here and in general tend to be unforgiving for past poor performances. Most of the squad has been missing this season bar a few. Laxalt, Frimpong and Ajer were good tonight. Thought big Moi had a cracking first half but some of his decision making is poor.

15. stew37

Disappointing to be just ending with a point but as others have said, would have taken that. A lot of folk were predicting a pumping. Moi was excellent at times I thought, Ajeti was decent, have no concerns about Welsh coming in, and Bain played well.

On the other hand, think we took too long to make changes in the middle when they were obviously required. If I say Turnbulls name again he's going to appear in my * mirror. I can only assume he's * in training or Lennon doesn't like him, because again, I felt Ntcham offered little. Duffy still not justifying the furore of when he signed, caused as many issues as solved them in the box, challenging Bain etc.

Trying to keep in mind what I said at first though, was a much better result than most expected, and some decent play, so at least some positives to focus on. HH.

Big els likes this.
  16. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

i think i remember coaches saying they do light training when players are playing every 3 to 4 days, is the busy schedule and light training causing players to lose fitness ?

17. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Agree with that. Ntcham had one of his best 30 mins for us but as usual couldn't keep it going and fell out the game.

18. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    That there comes down to poor management though, the 3 sub windows is a resource to be managed and he failed to manage that correctly.

Even with the triple sub that was too late, should have been made after the 1st goal as it was ckear that was coming and then after it did we had no response.

There is only so much a manager can do during the game but that's pretty much the biggest call, when and what to do in terms of personnel changes as that generally has the biggest tactical impact

19. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I actually thought Ntcham played well the first half but ran out of steam. Started watching a bit of the huns game but had to switch it off. Rob MacLean would give you the boak the way he lavishes praise on the huns and Rae is thick as mince.

johnboy19 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  20. DonnyCelt

You see him when Moi should've passed to him in the second half, * threw his arms in the air and turned his back on the ball and the ball ended up being right next to his feet.

Mickmac likes this.