1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Livingston v Celtic, Scottish Premiership, Sun 6th Oct, KO 12:00. Sky Sports Football.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Oct 1, 2019.

Discuss Livingston v Celtic, Scottish Premiership, Sun 6th Oct, KO 12:00. Sky Sports Football. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Can't stand the international break at the best of times. Its gonna be a very long fortnight.

2. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Most sense spoken in here by a country mile!!

3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye they are pumping them at home but they still have to play away where they also struggle. I will say we shouldn’t be needing any * else to get results against them, we should be taking care of our own results.

4. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Agree mate a do think us having played 5 away and only 3 at home is a big advantage 2 of their 3 away scraped past killie with a last minute goal and beat st mirren 1-0 with a set piece

As much as people slag the standard- can’t really see us losing at home nor them apart from against us but every away fixture is a potential banana skin

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  5. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Where's Griffith's for the thousandth time?

Id be putting him in for games like this just to freshen things up and keep the likes of Eddy fresh, bit like at Motherwell

I get the continuity thing too but in a long season we need to use the squad more and keep players hungry

6. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Think he must still be injured mate

7. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    “These games” happen.. but the more of “these games” that happen, the more damaging it is to us. The champions are usually the ones who manage to keep these games down to a minimum and grind out results, even if it means winning ugly. We have to have a ruthless mentality.

In having games like today, we add pressure on ourselves as it adds to the importance of our head to heads v our rivals, which theoretically should be our toughest games.

Im not sure using man city and liverpool as examples is directly comparable as both play within a league of better quality and more money which would mean that there would an increased likeliness for them to slip up.

The difference in quality between celtic and livi is a lot greater than the difference in quality between city and wolves.

8. john2061

Not too worried long term only October and come January we should blow the zombies out the water in the transfer window and February and march should see us pull away .

9. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I wasn't gonna bother but since you repsonded here's where i am and what i think!! It'a been a * week in the league....no excuses!! But 8 games is a pretty small sample size and we've played 5 away and 3 at home and the orcs are the opposite. Out of the 3 they've played away they've been a baw hair from dropping at Killie and St. Mirren. You could say that strengthens the argument against me but i think'll they drop away from home too. We'll both bulldoze teams at home.

ps- i think we'll be top by Xmas.

10. StevieBhoooy!

Every single one of these * clubs saves their best performances of the year for games against us... we should be well used to it and able to deal with it easily... even with 10 men.

It’s all very well saying “these games happen”, “just a bad result, we will recover and win the league.”....

... but the other saying we hear and use a lot is that “the league is for Celtic to lose, not for anyone else to win!”

Well...they seem to be having a go at ‘losing it’ going by today’s evidence.

Gawd help us this season if our team has only got one good performance per week in them though.

I’m pretty confident we WILL win the league.. but we should be doing it comfortably... not putting the support through * in games like this.

as others have said... Celtic should be cruising this without any reliance on other results.

11. Dubliner1

It's not good enough getting 1 point from 6 against Hibs & Livi away. This type form in a stronger league does cost you League titles. We need a couple of more players who can dig in when away from home

12. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I’m baffled when people complain about performance when your team is * against the wind from 25 minutes onwards when it’s 11 v 10. Regardless, here’s the stats from the game to reflect on:
    95A6FBBB-3083-4143-9364-D77FD55A5397.jpeg

All considered, that’s decent.

13. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    My personal opinion is that we should take care of our own business to win the league instead of speculating or depending on them to drop points away from home.

For me, a saving grace is that we got a very good result vs motherwell away and obviously the great result at Ibrox which is two very tough games out of the way.

For me though, we have to be mentally tougher and more ruthless if we wana be champions.

I hope that we benefit from the international break, but i think we need a run of wins between now and January.

14. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    What?You saying that we lost 2-0 against yes Livingston but cause we only had 10 men managing to have the same amount of shots on target as Livingston is decent , clutching at straws a bit there mate -

15. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Which i think we will!! If i had a quid for every thread like this after a poor result in the last 16/18 months...well you know!!

StPauli1916 likes this.
  16. SwoopingVulture

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Usual hysteria after a bad result.

The one thing that was disappointing because Neil has been through enough European campaigns before is that he didn't freshen up the team. If we had to play Eddy because of injuries we did not have to play all the midfielders again. I know you can say players should be able to play 2 games in 4 days but the mental fatigue does take its toll and Neil should know that. N'tcham should definitely have started for either Calmac or Brown, Hayes or Sinclair for Elynoussi, Bitton potentially, Rogic, maybe.

One enforced change was not the right decision, especially on the plastic pitch.

Big els and KRS-1888 like this.
  17. oh bhoy

Whoever was arguing with me a few weeks back that we weren't back to' hoof it' football there it is .brutal

18. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

I’m not too down about this result, poor day pretty much caused by us going down to 10 men. I still have every confidence we’ll win the league. Let the scum enjoy being top, it won’t be for long. :ireland::papal:

combi, Rydo1888*, Mickmac and 2 others like this.
  19. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

We are not clinical enough in the final 3rd.

Need less of this tippy tappy *, more shots. Constantly take 1 or 2 touches too many.

20. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    No I didn’t say that.