1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Linfield vs Celtic 14 july 5pm, Champions League second round

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CelticKurd, Jul 9, 2017.

Discuss Linfield vs Celtic 14 july 5pm, Champions League second round in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lord Gaga

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Sounds likes a trap

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Linfield Football Club has worked closely with all relevant authorities to ensure that tonight's Champions League qualifier against Celtic is played in a safe and welcoming environment.

Both clubs have made public requests that Celtic fans do not purchase tickets for the game. Despite this, some fans may have purchased tickets for the match with the intention of supporting Celtic.

In this event, they should only proceed to the Stadium via the Boucher Road and then, under the instructions of Stewards and the PSNI, to the Kop Stand. These supporters should arrive at the stadium after 3.30 pm to ensure access to the game. Celtic fans will not be admitted to any other part of the ground and Linfield fans should not enter the stadium from the Boucher Road.

No further tickets for tonight's game are available and we would urge all spectators to behave in a respectful and sporting manner.

3. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Before my time :giggle1:

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. mickey95

So basically what everyone on here said 3 weeks ago? Anyway common sense has prevailed...

StPauli1916 likes this.
  6. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Not gonna happen. Security wise it would be bedlam. Especially if a few from their end get into our stand. When I logged on they took address and DOB etc for ticket master. The rest of the tickets, Linfield dished out by themselves. 4 per person.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  7. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Shower of stinking bastarding cunting buck bags I should of took that * ticket.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  8. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    I'm going 3-0 win. Just think even at this early stage in our season we will have far too much for them. In the event of an unsatisfactory result tonight, we'll still get the job done next week.

Bedwetters can stand down until the next round.

9. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    This on Celtic TV for people outside the UK?

10. mickey95

Aye

StainseyBhoy likes this.
  11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Looks like Celtic have made a tricky situation worse. No idea of numbers attending to allow adequate policing and segregation. If there is trouble tonight Celtic will need to take a portion of the blame.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

StPauli1916 and ourdaywillcome! like this.
  12. Sturm Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Johan Mjällby
    I expect some 'confidental' Celtic-supporters cheering today in the stadium when the Hoops score a goal!

packybhoy likes this.
  13. shieldsybhoy

Gordon
    Lustig
    Simunovic
    Sviatchenko
    Tierney
    Brown
    Armstrong
    Sinclair
    Rogic
    Forrest
    Dembele

Tough dropping Griff, but I'd say Dembele to start away from home, plus I reckon they'll be wanting a scrap.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Bang on..

Said it before but they've made it worse for fan's attending by taking no allocation, probably knowing that some of ours will try to be there by hook or by crook, and with our large following in the City itself anyway I always thought it was inevitable we'd have some in tonight. It looks like we may have more than anyone thought..

15. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    They really have created a dilemma. But I will wait until I have read the clubs statement as to how much the PSNI had to play in our final decision. I spoke to the Linfield chairman personally and he stated what he said in the papers. Linfield wanted us there regardless. But he added that he respected Celtics decision and understood why it was taken. I had 2 tickets on ticket master a right few times last week. I would have no problem putting myself at risk but not my 16 year old son. After discussing with my wife, who was all for us going, we decided the North stand would be the most dangerous part for us to sit. Another problem is, I couldn't just sit and watch another hoops fan taking a beating, so that then involves you. I even tried to blag some press passes, hence got speaking to McGivern( chairman). Just a big mess. Hope all goes well as the 12th was one of the quietest in years.

JC Anton and StPauli1916 like this.
  16. The Celtic Way

Shambles this section has only been announced on the day of the game, we had plans to go over and pulled out as celtic took no tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. NA CEILTIGH

The cops and Linfield will have a fair idea of how many fans bought tickets purely through address that the tickets were sent too. Raging I didn't buy one now. They should let people pay in just

18. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Now we have a situation where, as this news filters through the city, a few thousand hoops fans will be heading to the fanzone and pubs etc. I'm sure a right few of those will think about heading up in hope for a ticket.

Bobo_ likes this.
  19. dmac

Linfield give a stand to Celtic supporters is this because they couldn't sell out or have they been selling to Celtic fans all along and decided to open up about it.

Sturm Bhoy and packybhoy like this.
  20. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, you're not wrong.

As much as I sympathise with the decision, this is the reality when Linfield aren't all that fussed about tims attending. They have basically given the go ahead, without actually doing it.