1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liel Abada

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Jul 14, 2021.

Discuss Liel Abada in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He tried to go by Mendy last night, failed and it didn't really happen for him after that..

It's his biggest weakness i think, facing his man one for one....although he's been better at it this season..

He did choke that chance, could've taken it in further but the defelcted one was unlucky..

One of those night's..

2. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Agreed. For someone with bags of pace and good dribbling he finds it difficult to take his man on quite alot. His big strength is his movement off the ball, but he's only 20 I'm sure he'll add it to his game.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  3. Shen

Honestly * knows why Ange doesnt start Abada every game.

One of the first names on the team sheet in my opinion, always dangerous.

Obly got 5 minutes today.

4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Did he play today?

5. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    very disappointing today, if he doenst step up when he gets a start he'll find himself on the bench for maeda all season.

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
  7. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Can't blame Abada for not looking up for it.

He's proven he's our best goalscorer. Then he gets rewarded by being dropped for the champions league, then made to play with the b-team against St Mirren.

Treatment of the boy has been shocking.

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

SofaScore saying he went off injured?

10. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Yeah he did apparently. Never saw any of the match but saw a photo of what appeared to be him walking around the pitch at the end. So hopefully nothing serious

marti~bhoy likes this.
  11. jj81

Depth in the squad is what it takes though , season before last I remember our bench being the worst I'd seen in decades , we can cope but hopefully him and GG not serious.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

LIEL ABADA has knocked back a transfer question regarding speculation linking him with a move to the Premier League.

The Celtic winger has recently switched agents and reports have suggested that some of England's top sides are circling.

Abada has been a star performer for Ange Postecoglou since his move to Glasgow from Maccabi Petah Tikva.

The 20-year-old is currently away on international duty with Israel, and quizzed on the speculation, he told Israeli site Mako: "Right now I'm concentrating on the national team, not on the Premier League.

We'll do our best (for the national side). There's still a lot of work and the most important thing is to be humble, there are players and coaches who have been through a lot in their careers. I'm only trying to play a part in victory.

"There was a crazy atmosphere and I played against great players. I believe in myself very much, this is the first time I've played in the Champions League and I'm learning the high tempo. I believe I'm capable of this."

13. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    A lot of guys his age would keech their pants playing against Real Madrid in the Champions League. Hopefully he will have learned something from his experience and not take stage fright the next time he is in the same position.

14. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

It's just another made up story to unsettle our players, this time it's Abada. They cannot run with anything positive about us, they are running scared that their favourite team is on a downward spiral. Abada is young and will have aspirations to move but he is enjoying life at Celtic, CL football is where all players want to be tested and improve

15. Foley1888

See at the end of the day I would love for Abada to stay and fulfil his potential here, as he is clearly a talented boy. However, if and when he decides to go it will be for a lot of money given he has plenty of time on his contract just now.

As long as Ange is still here and running our show he will find a suitable replacement and probably add a couple more with funds received from selling any of our first team players.

The problem in our recent past hasn’t been the selling of our good players it’s been the lack of a plan to replace them properly.

Melb Bhoy and TonyTim like this.
  16. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Extra time. Still on the park. will no doubt play the full 120 mins. * great!!

17. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Just been subbed

Ryanm1984 likes this.
  18. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Least he featured after limping off the game before..

Dan Breen likes this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

LIEL ABADA knows just how tight the margins can be when competing at the very highest level. And if the Celtic winger had been in any doubt, his side’s Champions League campaign thus far as all but erased it.

Ange Postecoglou’s team have one point from their opening two group stage fixtures this term but there will be a frustration that they do not have more points on the board. The Premiership champions were unable to capitalise on an impressive first-half showing at home to Real Madrid in their European curtain-raiser before the Spaniards’ quality shone through in the second, while only a devastating counter-attack from Mykhaylo Mudryk denied the Scots the three points away to Shakhtar Donetsk.

As Celtic prepare for a double-header with RB Leipzig, Abada retains a steely determination to prove himself on the biggest stage European football has to offer. The inside forward boasts a remarkable goal scoring record – the wide player scores roughly one in every three games – but is still to score his first Champions League goal.

He had a wonderful opportunity to open the scoring against Real on matchday one but dragged his effort wide after being sent scarpering through on goal in the first half at Parkhead. However, the Israel internationalist will not be dwelling on past mistakes when Celtic take on Leipzig in Germany on Wednesday night.

He explained: "We need to keep playing our football but in the last two games in the Champions League we missed a lot of opportunities, so we need to focus 100 per cent because in the Champions League if you don't score it costs you at this level because the other team will score.

“We need to be focused to score goals.

“It was a good chance but I don't think about it too much because it was against Real Madrid and sometimes in football you score and sometimes you miss. Hopefully, next time I will score.

Abada’s remarkable scoring record would appear anachronistic in many other periods but in this era where the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Mo Salah and Neymar provide a barrel-load of goals year upon year, wide players with envious goal tallies are becoming more and more commonplace.

The attacker – who celebrates his 21st birthday tomorrow – has put in the hard yards on the training ground to become a well-rounded threat in the final third, and says he has been inspired by some of the sport’s biggest stars when developing his own game.

“All my career I have played winger but I really work on it at training and also after training,” he said.

“I stay on the pitch and I work on finishing and crosses.

“I really want to help the team win the points from every game and hopefully to keep scoring for Celtic and help my friends in the team.

“I look at those players and teach myself from them because they are the best players in the world.

“It's very good to look at them to hopefully help me score more goals and provide more assists to do my best for Celtic.”

Like so many of Postecoglou’s signings, Abada wasted little time in adapting to his new surroundings when he first arrived in Glasgow in the summer of 2021, having agreed a transfer from Maccabi Petah Tikva.

His compatriot Nir Bitton – who left Celtic during the close season, bringing a nine-year stint at the club to a close – was an important figure in those early months as Abada left his homeland and was settling into life in Scotland, as the winger explained.

I came from Israel and it's very difficult to be alone when you are so young, but from the first time I came to Celtic all the coaches and players gave me the confidence I need,” he said.

“Nir also helped me a lot at the start, he looked after me always. I am really happy to be here and I hope to keep it like that.

“Nir helped me because when I first came to Celtic I didn't speak English and it was very difficult with the language and he helped me with everything that I needed and always looked after me.

“He made sure I felt good and that I had everything I needed and this really helped me.”

20. DonnyCelt

Definitely infront of Maeda right now. Maeda needs a spell on the bench.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.