1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liel Abada

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Jul 14, 2021.

Discuss Liel Abada in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lewis Kerr

An excellent debut season

2. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    That’s some set of highlights. If that was the highlights package for a 20yo player we were looking to sign, we’d be salivating over them :35::35::35:

He’s already ours

:ange:

3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    That reel is impressive.

Best debut season from a player his age I can remember. Once consistency comes its frightening how many he could rack up for us.

Could have had about another 3 assists alone were it not for Ajeti being a dud in that video.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  4. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

He’s got a serious knack for being in the right place when a ball is whipped in. Can’t teach that *.

eire4 and Liam Scales like this.
  5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Aye, a very impressive highlights reel. Must admit I've still had reservations about some of his wing play, especially his crossing, over the course of the season, but his overall contribution has been excellent and I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops moving forward.

Slaw likes this.
  6. Guchi Gucci Gold Member Gold Member

He's a really bizarre player, in a nice way. Think he could easily be another option at 9. I do think we should be signing strong competition for him.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Nir Bitton has hailed the ‘crazy’ contribution Liel Abada has made in his first season.

The winger arrived at Celtic last summer from Maccabi Petah-Tikva, scoring 15 goals and providing 11 assists as the Hoops won the Premiership title.

Ange Postecoglou’s team now go straight into the Champions League group stages this season, which Abada admitted was a childhood dream of his.

Bitton has seen at close quarters how his compatriot has handled the first big move of his career.

HIs performances and numbers bely the 19-year-old’s relative lack of experience and Bitton admits the rest of the Celtic squad have been blown away at how well the winger has done.

I enjoyed seeing him this year.," he told 1Sport in Israel. "What he’s done there is just huge, I can not explain it in words. A 19-year-old boy who leaves his country and comes from Maccabi Petah Tikva – not Maccabi Haifa or Maccabi Tel Aviv, with a high price tag and expectations

He works hard, he does not get depressed when he is not scoring, always thinks about how to get better and progress and he is always there to get a goal. This is something that cannot be explained. The players there also do not understand how he does it

8. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Jesus, that's an extremely impressive video for a 20 year old.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://m.ynet.co.il/articles/one411037

At the endof last season, Liel Abda made one of the most prestigious transfers of an Israeli player to Europe, when he was acquired by Celtic for an estimated amount of over four million euros. Quite a few have raised their eyebrows at how the 20-year-old skinny boy from Petah Tikva, who has recorded only one full season in the Premier League, will be able to integrate into aggressive Scottish football. Some criticized the choice of team that would not suit him and some saw him as a player who would come to sit on the bench

Less than a year has passed and Abda silenced the visitors: with 15 goals and 11 assists in all competitions, with the title of the Scottish League's discovery of the season, Abda is a season recorder who is undoubtedly defined as exceeding all expectations. Only this week he landed for a short vacation, before joining the Israeli team, when his team will play in the prestigious Champions League this year. Now, in a special interview with ONE, he summarizes the past season: the difficulties that accompanied him in the beginning, when he realized that this was his season, the decline of Maccabi Petah Tikva, the lack of credit in the Israeli team and how not, the face for the future.

Liel How do you sum up your first season? "I think it was a great season both individually and as a team. There were a lot of ups and downs, better and less good periods. Overall our important goal was to take the championship and I'm glad we did

Many have said that the aggressive style of play in Scotland will not suit your dimensions. "There are a lot of reviews not only from my move, but see it all over the world. There are better and less good reviews. In the end we are football players who need to work modestly and bring our best to the pitch."
    When was the moment you realized you were going to explode? "After my European debut, where I conquered. It was a feeling that was hard for me to explain in words. I was happy because they gave me all the confidence not to be afraid and play like I know."

How do you sum up your first season? "I think it was a great season both individually and as a team. There were a lot of ups and downs, better and less good periods. Overall our important goal was to take the championship and I'm glad we did

Many have said that the aggressive style of play in Scotland will not suit your dimensions. "There are a lot of reviews not only from my move, but see it all over the world. There are better and less good reviews. In the end we are football players who need to work modestly and bring our best to the pitch."
    When was the moment you realized you were going to explode? "After my European debut, where I conquered. It was a feeling that was hard for me to explain in words. I was happy because they gave me all the confidence not to be afraid and play like I know

You left quietly relative to Celtic, unlike the Solomon Manor for example. "I do not care how I got out, quietly or noisily. In the end, it was important for me to go abroad. That was my dream, like that of many footballers in the country. "

How much has this year fortified you? "Very. You learn a lot about maturity. You deal with situations you have not dealt with in a lifetime and it opens your head to much bigger things. The language for example: when I arrived less I mastered it and today I am much more proficient. If it is to prepare food for myself, go to the writer and manage "Household. In terms of language, at first it was very difficult for me, but I learned it. If I needed help, then Nir would help me."
    Sells for just under six million euros. Today you are valued at almost 19 million. "I do not look at these things of how much I am worth, etc. I work hard and modestly and deal exclusively with the pitch. To do my best on the pitch, for the club and the crowd. My job is to deal only with the grass

You won the discovery of the season. What's going through your mind? "Very exciting. You work so hard all year, being away from family and friends and those are moments you will remember for a lifetime."
    Tell what a funny story. "After the game in Europe in Germany, we went back to Glasgow. I got home and probably my neighbor left the door locked from the outside. Two at night, I try to open the door and it doesn't work. I called Nir, he saw a call from me and I do not want to tell you his reaction. And it was funny. "
    You have a special relationship with goalkeeper Joe Hart. "At the end of one of the games they wanted to interview me and I said I did not feel comfortable enough with the language. So Joe came and told them he would do it in my place. He is a good friend of mine, a player who has made an amazing career with lots of titles. He is a role model for me."

Just this week Nir Bitton parted ways with Celtic. How big is it there? "First of all I was very excited for him because I know what it was like for him. I am a very close friend of his since I came to Celtic. He made an amazing way in the team with all the titles he took. He is an admirable figure for all the people in the country."
    Makes you want to be like him? "Obviously. He was a symbol here. Everyone loves him and appreciates him

Did you talk to Dudu Dahan (his agent) who would bring you a new friend? "I did not speak (laughs). I do not deal with who will come, but with preparing myself the strongest for the upcoming season. First of all we have the team."
    You're talking about the team, it's something that's a little jarring this season. You could not express yourself because of the lack of minutes. "Yes, but in the end he was a coach with the method of play and his players. For me, every minute I get I will give my 100%. I really like the team. I will always work hard, I will remain humble and wait for my opportunity."
    Did you talk to * Rotensteiner? "There were some conversations, not many. I'll leave things between us

There were times when you came back from the team to Celtic a bit off and it affected you. "Could be. I did not feel it at all. In the end I trained and worked hard. There are less and better times. There are things that go more and less for you."
    We remember the saga that you suddenly went down to play with the young team. "First of all, it was not my net decision. Whatever they tell me I will do. If they needed me as a young woman, then I would go there and help. If they needed me as a young woman, then I would help a mature woman. It feels like we could have spent more, but we are still in second place with a good chance of the playoffs. "

Talk about the talented generation in the young team. You played for both teams. "There are a lot of talented young players in the country, but they have a lot of work and they need to stay modest. Any youngster who gets the opportunity in adulthood will give the 100% because in the end you represent your country."
    What are the goals for the current campaign in *? "We will do our best. My and many other players' biggest dream is to go to a big tournament. I believe it can happen. There is now Alon Hazan, who coached me as a young woman. He has his style of play and his decisions. Whatever he decides I will accept with love. ".
    It will benefit you who is the coach? "We'll know late

Maccabi Petah Tikva, the team through which it is sold to Celtic, was relegated again. "I was in pain. I saw it and it hurt me. I also talked to Avi Luzon. I told him that I was very disappointed for them and that I believe they will return to the Premier League. He congratulated me on the season and the personal title I won. I think they will return to the Premier League soon. "Maccabi Petah Tikva has the best youth department in the country for raising young people. There are a lot of talented young people there and in the coming years we will see more players who will set the tone."

Where is your face headed? We have published on the interest of Crystal Palace. "I'm only dealing with Celtic right now. I'm good here, I love the players, the crowd and the team. I get a sense of home and all my focus is here. In the future? I can not know what will happen and it's not right to talk about it

Is the home stage of the Champions League a dream? "It's a childhood dream. It's going to be a very challenging season."
    What did you do right in childhood that brought you to Celtic? "It was very important to me to get a high school diploma, no matter what happens in football. I was in Brenner High School, which gave me all the tools to learn properly. I would always work hard in football, whether it's morning training, teen training with my striker coach Meir Malika. He is a witness who talks to me and helps me. "
    Who is your role model? "In Israel? Yossi Benyon. He is an admirable figure for everyone. Abroad? Leo Messi. He has seven gold balls and it's amazing. Expressing yourself year after year is amazing. Theoretically I can play against him this season in the home stage. We will wait for the lottery and see

What message will you convey to a young child who sees your way? "First of all believe in your abilities. The most important thing is to stay humble. You always have to work harder than everyone else, whether it's add training units and stay after training. In the end football takes a lot out of us and everyone's dream is to see themselves in a mature team. "Young people go to Europe and progress because it will also promote our football and the national team."
    Did you believe you would make a season like this? "Usually when you go out to a new place, especially overseas, it's harder to adapt. Luckily I got a life friend, Nir Bitton. He helped me adapt quickly and with everything: house, car and more. I thank him for that and happy for this season. I came to Celtic with expectations and as the games went on and I won and cooked, I raised my expectations even more. "

Yoyhave created a very high threshold. "You have to work hard and modestly to keep it. I believe I can keep those numbers next season as well

Last edited: May 27, 2022
  11. Hydrobhoy

Crystal Palace sniffing about but liel is committed to the celtic cause.

astonishing debut season for being in new country and 19 years old.

12. celtic warrior

Moving to Palace right now would be a horrible career move.

He's destined for much higher things then getting stuck with palace till he's about 26 and not winning anything.

Have a second season of smashing domestically and maybe with some luck a good couple of goals in big European games could land him a much bigger move.

Sadly I don't see him staying for much longer overall though.

Hammy89, Wllm and Liam Scales like this.
  13. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Love this wee *.

14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Hes nowhere near ready for the EPL.

Or a better league yet in general tbh. Needs at least another couple years performing consistently for us.

15. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Aye I completely agree, his stats are great but he still needs to go up another level. He's behind Jota and Maeda for me currently.

Doesn't mean he's not an excellent young forward who's had a great season, just that he has a lot to learn still, and we legit have the perfect manager for that.

AussieGreek likes this.
  16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I really like Abada don't get me wrong. But it would be insane for him to go anywhere right now.

Needs to work on his physique as well...20 is so young for a player like him.

2 or 3 even more years will do him no harm here. He's on a 5 year deal for a reason.

Liam Scales and AussieGreek like this.
  17. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He attacks the back post area really well for sure.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

LIEL ABADA has revealed how Celtic keeper Joe Hart saved him from his first English exam.

The Israeli winger was summoned for a post-match TV interview early in his Hoops career.

Abada, then 19, didn’t feel confident speaking in his second language — but Hart rescued him.

The ex-England No1 stepped in to do the interview to take the heat off the Israeli teen.

Abada revealed Hart and close pal Nir Bitton were mentors for him as he hit the ground running at Celtic.

He said: “Joe is a good friend of mine, a player who has made an amazing career with lots of titles. He is a role model for me.

“At the end of one of the games they wanted to interview me.

“I said I did not feel comfortable enough with the language, so Joe came and told them he would do it in my place.

“In terms of language, at first it was very difficult for me, but I learned it. If I needed help, then Nir would help me.

“Usually when you go out to a new place, especially overseas, it’s harder to adapt. Luckily I got a friend for life in Nir. He helped me adapt quickly and with everything.

“I thank him for that and I’m happy for this season. I came to Celtic with expectations and as the games went on I raised my expectations even more.

“I am a very close friend of his since I came to Celtic.

“He made an amazing way in the team with all the titles he took.

“He is an admirable figure for all the people in the country. Obviously, he was a symbol here. Everyone loves him and appreciates him.”

Abada finished the season with a Premiership title and the Premier Sports Cup, weighing in with 15 goals.

He also scooped the PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year award and admits it has been a major transition.

He said: “It was hard because I arrived and I had to get to know everyone, the team and the style of play.

“It took a while, but in the end I adapted.

“When you get to a new place, there are more worries. But everyone gave me all the confidence that I needed.

“It took me a while to get used to the cold and driving on the other side. Over time I got used to it and everything.

“You learn a lot about maturity. You deal with situations you have not

Liam Scales likes this.
  19. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I think its the way Ange plays as well. If you look at some of Maedas goals and assists, he always arrives at the back post also.
    But not to take away from Abada, the player needs to time the runs and he has obviously done it very well.

20. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Seems like he’s got a real level head. Having role models such as Nir and Joe will help this bloke rise to the top of the game, he’ll be courted by better teams than Crystal Palace in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.