1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liel Abada

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Jul 14, 2021.

Discuss Liel Abada in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
  2. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Abada is a great player and one I would like to keep hold of, that being said, without completely contradicting myself in am not sure we would be much weaker without him. If we get anything north of 10M I am supremely confident Ange will find a strong replacement to the keep the wide areas competitive.

Think he is being silly though. We are the perfect fit for his development and if stayed to earn his place in our starting 11 then his earning potential would only increase, with us or elsewhere. At this young age you'd imagine he has plenty of development left in him too

The Magnificent 7 likes this.
  3. centenary88

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Collins
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    If he is going I am pretty much certain his replacement has already been lined up , who? I've no idea but it seems it's the way big Ange likes to operate.

I mean look at the GG saga , there was already a target lined up but we got knocked back yet there was a contingency move in place. In JJ's case our mark was already in the door and took his jersey.

Does big Ange have these contingency plans in place for all of our players and targets? If so then the man plays 3d chess not chequers. To move as quickly as we did with our two recent signings seems to suggest it is so.

Ange is making our club exactly what it should be , an exciting place to play for an incredible club and support , a chance to be a winner , a chance to improve and earn a move if that's what you desire as long as you're willing to put the work in.

I am not worried about losing Abada or what the fee will be I am though excited to see who replaces him if and when he goes.

4. PaddyJamieson

I'd be happy with anything over £10m. Can imagine we could push for £12m or so. That'd be a fair price in my opinion, he's only just getting capped properly for Israel and hasn't started over half our games this season.

I actually think it could be cracking business, depending on who we replace him with.

5. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    Under contract until summer 26, likely do a percentage sell on, his returns are phenomenal.

10 million, no * thanks. If he starts binning in goals at international level this whole spl value impact pish will soon become irrelevant.

James Mc and NakamuraTastic like this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://m.sport5.co.il/articles.aspx?FolderID=285&docID=432697

Lial Abda is not suffering from a tear, will they replace Haziza?

An attempt to train the extremist for Kosovo. Shlomo practiced in Abu Abid's place alongside Vitor

Preparations continue. At this time, the Israel national team is conducting its second training ahead of the pair of games that will open the Euro 2024 qualifying campaign. Alon Hazan's team will host Kosovo this coming Saturday at the Bloomfield Stadium and then go to Switzerland for an away game that will be played on Tuesday.

Before the training, good news came from the direction of Liel Abda , who stretched his quadriceps muscle last night and abandoned the training. The fear of a muscle tear has been removed and now the player will try to return gradually with the goal of trying to qualify him already for the match against Kosovo. Abda, who will undergo an MRI tomorrow, took part in the training and said: "I feel much better than yesterday."

7. The Magnificent 7 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Weigh him in if he’s vying for a move to that soulless league.

Ola Solbakken is hardly getting a kick at Roma. What a replacement he would be.

Taylor1 and PaddyJamieson like this.
  8. Danny 4692

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    We'll get £10m+ easy. He's a 21 year old winger with mental stats. That's any teams dream regardless of how many games he's started. Teams will look and think "Well he's no playing much but he's still producing those numbers and given he's so young we can improve him even further".

We got £6m for a 28 year old back up striker, Abada will go for at least double

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I think right wing would've been a position we would've been looking to improve on even if he stayed..

The fact he isn't starting much and we're playing Jota over there instead, would lead me to believe Ange knows he wants to leave soon and maybe did the last window..

I'm 100% sure in that case anyway that we'll already have someone lined up. I feel we need two wingers. A like for like upgrade on Abada and another who can come inside, left footed. Both with a lot of pace please..

10. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    We where offered him in summer 2021 and apparently ange said no

11. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    His goal scoring stats are excellent and his movement being fed in is outstanding but running and taking on his man is very limited and his crossing at times is hit or miss..I think to leave just now would be a mistake on his behalf but my own opinion is he's very replaceable with someone better technically..his goals tho could be something we might struggle to replace.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  12. The Magnificent 7 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Oh I wasn’t aware of that buddy. My perception was that he wanted to go to Italy. I still rate him very highly and I think his height, and physicality would be a great fit for our team.

But if the big man said no last summer who am I to argue with that?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
  13. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    If we sold him for 10+ mill now it would be fantastic business imo. We should look to get someone different to replace him anyway, as i believe we could do better. He is a good player but he is more of a RF than a RW.

Crilly and PaddyJamieson like this.
  14. Foley1888

An interesting comparison for Abada would be Noah Okafor from RB Salzburg.

He is a similarly player, a winger/ inside forward and has a similar contribution in domestic football in terms of goals and assists in the Austrian Bundesliga over the last two seasons, which is of a similar standard to the Scottish Premiership both in terms of co-efficient and make up of the league.

He is almost 18 months older than Abada is and is in and out the Swiss national team.

He is being quoted for £25m to pretty big teams in EPL (Arsenal amongst them).

Now an interesting point here is he did get 3 goals in the CL which seems to be the major differentiator between the two players, where Abada didn’t manage a goal.

It is also worth noting Okoafor has not managed a scoring contribution against top of the league rivals such as LASK and Sturm Graz, most of his contributions are against the poorer sides in the league.

So I appreciate his Euro exploits will boost Okafors profile but not sure it should have enough to mean he is worth more than double that of Abada who is younger. I think at £10m we would be selling Abada short.

Another example is Keane Lewis Porter that Brentford paid over £16m for and he is a similar age to Abada, about 9 months older and had one decent year at Championship level and one at League one prior to this. He is English so helps with home grown status so may be relevant to consider when thinking of O’Riley and the premium that adds.

Leeds paying over £20m for Sinisterra and over £30m for Brendan Aaronson from Eredivisie and Austrian Bundesliga. Southampton Kamaldeen Sulemana over £20m when having played only 30 games and 5 goals over two seasons for Rennes after moving from Nordsjaelland.

I am not saying Abada is at the same level to all these players but his contribution in terms of his career to date is definitely comparable to them and he would be going for the smallest fee by some margin.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
  15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I actually think the huns may potentially have set ya back.
    Selling absolute duds in bassey and Patterson for decent money, on the back of them hanging in to our transfer policy coattails, we may have some English clubs being a bit more hesitant over our players.

Add in to it, halaand, the guys a monster of a player and he's came through that league as well at one stage, a few big players have.

Although I agree the standard and calibre is similar to us, the big clubs there do have a better reputation of producing talent over us.

That said, we should be looking toward the £20m mark for him.

Anything less while he still has 3 years on his contract is selling ourselves short.
    All its gonna take is one more year of development, a couple decent showings in the UCL and his profile will be massive.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  16. Foley1888

Where I agree they, well really just Salzburg have a better record of developing players and selling them on. They essentially farm players from Africa and compliment that with young talent from Europe like Haaland. I know he did play there but he was already a big talent at Molde and only spent the equivalent of a season there.

I don’t think we will get £20m for Abada but players with on paper a similar pedigree have been going for in excess of that. To me something close to £15m + add ons/ sell on wouldn’t be a bad deal for us.

Peej likes this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    When does his contract expire?

19. TheHappyLoss

Great stats but wouldn’t want any player here that doesn’t want to be.

20. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.