1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liam Scales

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Aug 27, 2021.

Discuss Liam Scales in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    You're talking absolute * here mate.. infact you seem to be ranting here just for the sake of ranting..

You've also said he's done nothing to warrant getting into the team.. What has any signing done to warrant getting into a team? You train well, play well you get into the team no matter what nationally, age or league you came from..

As has been stated many times before, the lad wanted to finish university hence his late involvement with a professional team..smart

Just been called up to Irish National team too or is the Irish national team not prestigious enough for us anymore?

Give the lad a chance or even watch him before you get in a hissy

AussieGreek and HoopyT like this.
  2. Maestro 08

Couldn't care less where he came from, as long as he's a good player. There's players in just about every European league that have the ability to do a job for us, it's just about getting the scouts to pick the right one.

Hopefully we get a chance soon to see if he can cut it because I've had enough of Taylor.

Tommy25 and FranceCelt like this.
  3. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Also the point about time and money wasted... * me.. how much time and money did we waste on Ajeti and Barkas..? A but sure they have fancy foreign names, they must be good:56:

FranceCelt likes this.
  4. ddub11

kyogo top scorer in his league warrants us putting him in the team(not a guarentee) thats the type of thing imtalking bout,scales,as of now has done noting.

I think its great he got him self an education iv no issue with that atal and as for being being called into the irish team im delighted,but we bought him before the call up so its not like we were buying a proven international.

You entitled to your opinion but to say im talking * when i gave an opinion based on fact is silly.

5. ddub11

I agree hes up there with the best the Irish league have but i,ll be honest and i keep me eye on LoI and while i have heard of him hes not a player who stood out for me.

I guess time will tell if its a good or bad signing and i genuinely hope it works out but i just dont see what the scouts see.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  6. ddub11

I was reponding to a suggestion he was a success at every level(which is questionable).I have no issues with players going on trial and nothing coming of it,but it can hardly be seen as a success if nothing comes of it.

7. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Saying your talking * was a bit harsh.. but..

Why did Kyogo deserve to go straight into the team? According to most on here the J league was pish.. defenders were brutal and the keepers were Sunday league standard.. some on here wrote him off after the hearts game ha.. No one deserves to go straight into the team.. We have had players with bigger reputations that have flopped..

As for Scales by all accounts he had an offer from a Premier league team and I doubt he got an international call up on the basis he signed for us..

Again by all accounts Scales has been scouted for a long time but decided on getting educated first and then he went to a full time outfit in Rovers and he was excellent..

Guarantee if this was some lad from France or Portugal etc people would be demanding he starts..

He might flop or he could be great but I'll see how he plays first before writing him off mate..

MusselburghBhoy likes this.
  8. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I wish he hadn't been called up, I'm sure it's great for him, but he isn't on the bench, I'd rather he was training and being bedded in at Celtic.

Dan Breen and martin_d like this.
  9. ddub11

Not sure if you read my post correctly as i said even Kyogos reputation didnt warrant a starting place but did warrant consideration,anyway we could be here all night and get nowhere,guess time will only tell and we both want him to be a success so lets hope for the best.HH.

thailandceltic and martin_d like this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It's still a positive for the boy being called up for his first? Full international call up..

11. Rogicisgod

Looks good. If he trains well with the squad the next game v Rovers looks the perfect opportunity to blood him at left back.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Liam Scales held his first press conference as a Celtic player this afternoon (Thursday), and said that when the Hoops came calling his decision to move to Glasgow was a no-brainer.

The young defender also expressed gratitude to his ex-employer, Shamrock Rovers, and described signing for Celtic and getting his first international call-up for Ireland as incredible.

“I got back from the internationals last night, trained today and I can now say I’m looking forward to games,” explained Scales.

'This move to Celtic is a step up from where I was, but right now I’m fully-focused on the games coming up.'

“We’ve got a busy schedule coming up and I can’t wait to get going. It was a mad week signing for Celtic and then getting my first international call-up, it’s been mental."

The defender said from here, his sole aim is to work hard and do everything he can to catch the eye of the manager as he bids for a place in Ange Postecoglou’s starting XI.

He added: “I’m just going to focus on working as hard as I can at training. As a player, you obviously want to break into the team as soon as possible.

“But if the manager wants to bed me in a little that’s totally fine, I’m young and eager, and I do believe I have what it takes.

'The whole family are so proud, and my friends are getting on to me already about getting over to the games and getting them tickets.'

“My whole family all delighted for me and delighted that I’m here. When the chance to come to Celtic came up, it was a no brainer.

“It’s a new squad, we’re training every day and getting to know each other’s style of play. There isn’t much time to be easing yourself in slowly, I know that and I’m well aware of what it takes and I can’t wait to give it a shot. Celtic are a massive club and massive opportunity for me.”

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    Rydo1888* and tarboltontim like this.
  14. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

i think the risk is hes * and no better than taylor which would then leave us with 3 left backs that are *

weve went with a gamble to fix an extremely weak point in the team

i really really hope hes an assett and not another player with no realistic chance of being a regular

15. Crilly

Said in the fan tv interview he’s most comfortable at cb and that would probably be his favoured position but then says he’s equally as comfortable lb and lwb. Wonder if Ange is considering him more so as a cb option or cover for both, or whether he’s looking at him with hopes to replace Taylor or Atleast challenge him

16. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Totally, reckon he would have started tomorrow if he had not been called up.

True, but from a selfish point of view, sucks.

17. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Agree with a lot of this, but we sold Klimala for £3.5m plus possible add ons. Not sure how we managed that right enough but we didn’t lose much if anything on him.

18. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I generally agree with your point. That said, his call up will do wonders for his confidence and hopefully help him settle and feel like he “belongs” at this level.

19. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

whats up with scales is he injured i thought hed have been on the bench today ?

Dan Breen likes this.
  20. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    * knows, defiantly match fit, maybe just Ange felt with Monty and Welsh he had adequate back up.
    That 3 subs thing is doing us no favors, much better with the 5.