1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liam Miller

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by castro12, Feb 13, 2017.

Discuss Liam Miller in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ryan Giggs, Robbie Keane, Paul Scholes and Rio Ferdinand are among a host of former stars who will play in a tribute match for the late Liam Miller.

Roy Keane will lead a team of Manchester United old boys into battle with Martin O'Neill's combined Celtic and Republic of Ireland side at Turner's Cross, the home of Cork City, on Tuesday, September 25.

Other United legends set to play in the game include Denis Irwin, Jaap Stam, Louis Saha, Ronny Johnsen, Nicky *, David May and Louis Saha.

O'Neill's team will include Robbie Keane, Damien Duff, Stephen Carr, Kevin Doyle, Keith Andrews, Richard Dunne, Kenny Cunningham, Kevin Kilbane and Andy Reid.

Proceeds from the match, and a gala dinner which will follow it, will be used to help Miller's widow Clare and their three children, and Marymount Hospice, where he died.

http://www.liammillertribute.com/

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. Norm Peterson

Yassss, I can finally say one of my relatives has played for Celtic, kind of...

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

JOHN Kennedy says he’s looking forward to paying his respects to friend and former Celtic team-mate, Liam Miller in his tribute match in Cork tomorrow (Tuesday).

The Hoops first-team coach will be at the game which will kick off at 3pm in front of a sell-out crowd of 45,000 at Páirc Uí Chaoimh. It is bound to be a poignant occasion and Kennedy admits it’s very important for him to be there in tribute to the former Celt who passed away in February of this year after losing his battle with cancer at the age of only 36.

He said: “I was very close with Liam in his time here, when he left we kept in contact for the duration so it’s going to be a good occasion for his family to celebrate the life he had and the career he had.

“By all accounts there’s going to be a good turnout at the game and the dinner’s sold out as well so it’s great to see that.”

Kennedy added: “He’s left behind a young family so it’s devastating. His family were strong when I was across for Liam’s funeral. His family are very close.

“It’s good to think of all the memories we have of Liam and this is a great occasion for us to come together, remember him and put on a good occasion. “

Manchester United’s squad for the day will consist of many legends, including the 1999 treble-winners Nicky *, Andy Cole, Denis Irwin and Ronny Johnsen.

The combined Celtic and Republic of Ireland side will be managed by Martin O'Neill and feature former Celtic players Shaun Maloney, Johan Mjällby, Paul Lambert, Neil Lennon, Stiliyan Petrov, and John Hartson, while another ex-Celt, Robbie Keane will be among the former Irish internationalists in the squad.

John Kennedy believes the turnout for the game is a reflection to how good a person Liam Miller was.

The Celtic coach said: “He was such a lovable guy. Wherever he went, people took to him with the personality he had.

“He was a great guy to have in the dressing room and be friends with. That goes to show by the turnout he’s going to have in the game and the dinner.

“It will be a great occasion and I’m delighted that they’ve managed to pull this together, so credit to the organisers for that. Let’s hope the day runs very smoothly and it’s a worthwhile occasion for a very worthy guy.”

Proceeds from the Liam Miller Tribute Match will be used to help Liam’s wife, Clare and their three children, with Marymount Hospice among the charities also benefiting from the day.

Celtic/Republic of Ireland Legends: David Forde, Stephen Carr, Kevin Kilbane, Richard Dunne, Kenny Cunningham, Keith Andrews, Kevin Doyle, Stephen McPhail, Andy Reid, Robbie Keane, Damien Duff, Lee Carsley, Colin Healy, Johan Mjällby, Shaun Maloney, Paul Lambert, John Hartson, Neil Lennon, Stylian Petrov, Shane Supple.

Manchester United Legends: Roy Keane, Ryan Giggs, Nicky *, Ronny Johnsen, Paul Scholes, Denis Irwin, David May, Louis Saha, Rio Ferdinand, Quinton Fortune, Andy Cole, Michael Clegg, Mikael Silvestre, Kevin Pilkington, Dion Dublin, Roy Carroll, Gary Neville, Alan Smith.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Mad to think it's been a year tbh.

That shirt and those boots :100:

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. DonnyCelt

Jeez two years already. Gone but not forgotten. Sleep tight Liam. YNWA :ireland::shamrock:

Rydo1888* and NomDePlum like this.
  12. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    * travesty. Still think about his family time to time. Awful.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. DonnyCelt

Jeez three years since his passing :54:

15. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Always stops me in my tracks. Desperately sad

16. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

17. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Same mate, everytime the anniversary comes back round it makes me pause and remember.

I held a major grudge for years, and when the news broke it took me back to how much I loved him that Lyon game and I was * guilty.

Stuff like that doesn’t usually effect me outwith a ‘ack * thats * man’ but this one did.

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. celtic warrior

What a player he was when wearing the hoops