1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lewis Morgan

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 5, 2018.

Discuss Lewis Morgan in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Heb Celt

Good on him.

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Took it left footed. Based on the goals hes scored for them so far youd be sure he was a righty

4. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    That is some of the worst commentary of all time.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  5. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    So he took the corner with his right, and the pen with his left, good on him.

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

LEWIS MORGAN feels reborn in the USA as he rebuilds his career in Miami.

After ten months in the States he now knows what he was missing as a fringe player at Celtic.

Winger Morgan, 24, is one of the first names on the teamsheet at David Beckham’s Inter Miami.

He is taking the MLS by storm, changed days from when he was a bit-part player for the Hoops.

Morgan said: “From a personal point of view the move to Miami has worked out brilliantly.

“I’m back enjoying my football and couldn’t be happier here in Florida.

“It maybe took me a while to get going because I hadn’t really been playing much at Celtic.

“But my numbers have been good in the last two months and I’ve started to add goals and loads of assists to my game.

Every player wants to play, so when I wasn’t getting a game at Celtic, I was aware it was time to move.

“The club did a great job of making everyone feel part of things at Celtic.

“But it maybe took me to come to America to realise how much football I’ve missed and how much I missed playing every week.

“It kind of opened my eyes to that

“I left Celtic because I wanted to play more. I’m just enjoying being out on the field every game. This is what it’s all about.”

Football in the States is really taking off again and there’s a cultural element to the game out there that Morgan loves — statistics.

For instance he knows he averages 2.4 shots per game, 3.1 crosses and 1.3 tackles.

He added: “Since the start of September I’m also averaging a goal or an assist in every game. That’s been pleasing. Stats are seen as a big thing over here and it’s something you’re always made aware of — which is maybe a bit different from Scotland.

“You can go on to the MLS app after any game and all the numbers are there, it’s really helpful.

“As an attacking player it’s good to see how you are doing against the better players and teams.

“I’m second in the league for chances created.

“I don’t know how much weight these things carry, but it gives you a certain degree of confidence.”

Inter Miami are one of the newest clubs in the MLS, but they have big ambitions to be the best.

Former Argentina striker Gonzalo Higuain is one of Morgan’s team-mates, along with French World Cup winner Blaise Matuidi.

He said: “It’s a little bit surreal to be playing alongside these guys when I consider where I’ve come from.

“They are World Cup winners and World Cup finalists, and it feels crazy.

“Higuain has become our captain and he’s a great guy who has been a big help to me at the club. It’s the same with Matuidi.

“They are good people first and foremost, with their quality as players there for all to see.”

Morgan’s enjoyment of playing in the MLS comes despite the fact the normal season has been wrecked by the Covid crisis.

The teams have been playing regionalised games and because of that there will be no MLS champions.

Instead, the focus is on the MLS Cup for the top ten teams in the division. Inter’s problem is they currently sit in 12th spots, with only four games left to play.

So tonight’s clash with rivals Orlando City is huge.

Morgan, 24, added: “There are five or six teams fighting to get into the MLS Cup, and we’re one of them.

It’s wide open and we just need to try and take maximum points from our four remaining games.”

Morgan will return to Scotlands when the MLS season ends, having been away from friends and family since last January.

The travel restrictions have been a huge issue and stopped him from being picked for Scotland for the play-off with Israel.

Morgan said: “Myself and Jonny Russell, who plays for Kansas City, have been in close contact with Frank Reilly at the SFA.

“I think we were going to be in the squads, but because of circumstances it wasn’t possible.

“There’s no point in getting downhearted. All I can do is keep playing well for Miami and get back into the Scotland set-up once the restrictions are lifted.”

7. Priest

Named Inter Miami's player of the year :50:

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Bring him....

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Just our luck that he was pretty pish here but goes and smashes it in the MLS :giggle1:

Would've been handy when we had zero wingers this year. Probably would've led the line though to be fair..

12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    He’s still pish.

Twisty likes this.
  13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Agreed but so are we :giggle1:

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  14. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Another wan that Lennon spunked over for months, saying he was a striker managed a goal v Rennes reserve s Lennon talking about “ I’ve told people how good he is in training “, played him up front in bet Fred cup final was like a rabbit in headlights and a scared wee boy, and another ploy that Forster managed to save Lennon s bacon again

15. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    A three-leggit dug could smash MLS, tbh.

Twisty likes this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. stew37

Done no bad for himself has Lewis, sure I read Higuain saying he was one of the best he'd ever played with.

18. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Forgot all about him tbh

19. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Surely not

20. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    If he did say that they must have been playing pool or table tennis during a training break. It certainly wasn't football they were talking about.

Twisty and The_Bhoy like this.