1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lewis Morgan

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 5, 2018.

Discuss Lewis Morgan in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Never going to be good enough for us in a squillion years, no amount of loans are going to change that. Really cant fathom what lenny sees in him.

Need to punt in January and give the back up back up to the likes of okoflex and dembele, guys who might actually have a future at the club.

2. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'm still shouting pass it

3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I actually thought he was the only one with any semblance of pass marks, other than Forster and Frimpong, for the majority of the first half.

He was at least grafting when others were toiling badly.

Mickmac, AMc88 and Seán Mac D like this.
  4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Same.

The tactics of long punts and lack of service from midfield meant he was never going to do well. It was very similar to when the rat played Johnston up top last season.

He's not a striker but he gave 100%, so I can't criticise him at all.

5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I don't rate him but in the same instance I find it hard to judge him when he's playing in that role, with others around him failing to do their jobs (1st half particularly).

Very harsh to overly criticise.

Mickmac and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  6. AMc88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Difficult to criticise the lad playing out of position in the biggest game of his life.

I thought he showed when those around him didn't. But why he never played someone in with THAT run is beyond me.

He was fine. Some folk just need a whipping boy.

Mickmac likes this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I couldn't believe he never passed and wanted an age on the ball running..

Marty McFly and rudebhoy67 like this.
  8. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

He was playing out of position and that's fair enough but he was bullied out of possession any time it came anywhere near him. Any half decent defender will do that to him no matter where hes playing.

That run in the first half should be what his game is all about but he made a * of it because he was completely unaware of what was going on around him.

9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He’d of taken it on himself and scored it at St Mirren. Not anymore.

rudebhoy67 likes this.
  10. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah, cause hes not up against championship defences anymore.

11. StevieBhoooy!

I’m sure Hibs would take him... but Ross has had him at 2 clubs and (while Lenny likes to play him) he doesn’t appear to have made the progress that is required.

I’d loan him to Aberdeen for one last go at shaping him up ... a la Christie...

It would hopefully define whether he has a long term place at Celtic or not.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  12. gerry_bhoy

Can’t really be judged too harshly playing out of position.

Dan Breen likes this.
  13. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It's ok saying we should loan him to this team or that team but no point loaning him to a team he'll struggle to make the starting 11 every week. He'll never be good enough to hold down a starting spot for us.

Can't get my head around him being given the nod to start up front in a cup final.

14. cammy07

He was * poor yesterday, it's maybe slightly harsh seeing as he was being played out of position but he's just not good enough and I don't think he ever will be.

He wasn't the only one who was utter * yesterday but I do think he was a large part of the problem. There was no outball as nothing was sticking with him, and the rare occasions the ball did get to him he gave it away cheaply.

After Ryan Christie I don't think we could ever totally write off a player untill hes been sold, but I just don't think Morgan has what it takes to make a career for himself here.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  15. Maestro 08

There's huge reservations whether he's good enough for our squad playing in his natural position never mind when playing out of position. Lennon mentioned a few weeks ago that he needs to believe in himself more. He looks like a rabbit in the headlights and that mentality won't cut it here, regardless of where he plays and as harsh as that may sound.

People looking for a Christie transformation, well I'm sorry but Christie needed to go out and bulk up but he always had the ability and mentality. Anyone that had watched him breakthrough at Inverness and for Scotland youths would tell you that. The game he came to Celtic park as a youngster with Inverness and was the best player on the park will tell you that as well. I don't think Morgan has half of Christie's ability nor his mentality either.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    freederry20 likes this.
  16. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Would like to see him start on the right wing in midweek, with Tam in the No 10 and Sinclair on the right

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  17. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Very bizzare to play him up top in my opinion. He isn’t going to hold the ball up and link the play nor has he got the pace to run in behind defences.

If we really couldn’t start Edouard yesterday, then I think we should’ve at least went with Sinclair up top. It would be a square peg in a round hole but at least we know Sinclair has the pace to get in behind along with his predatory instincts in the box.

freederry20, TheHappyLoss and Keano88 like this.
  18. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

He’s no that good in his natural position either! He is never going to make it here. May as well move him on when we get the chance.

19. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    No different to MJ uptop at Ibrox last season. Wasn't his fault he had to try beat 2 centre halfs to long punt after long punt because we couldn't play a game that suited him.

Mickmac likes this.
  20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Out of position so I have sympathy for him there.

But he’s just clearly not good enough. People were clutching at straws after 2 games where he actually contributed to the performance. Scored against Rennes and set up a goal at Ross County. But in both games he pretty much did nothing else other than those moments.

I can sort of understand people thinking “well he could do a Christie” but he’s not shown anything to suggest he’ll ever be good enough for us.

Loan him out in January and take it from there.