1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Lewis Morgan

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by MickeyBhoy36, Sep 16, 2017.

Discuss Lewis Morgan in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berrick Bhoyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four leaf clover
    I have a few St. Mirren fans at my work and they say he's a tricky and direct player. Beats players for fun.

If he's like an Aiden McGeady type player but can cross the ball, I'd be happy.

Mr Shelby and Rendog like this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC were last night close to completing a deal which would see St Mirren’s talented midfielder Lewis Morgan join the Scottish champions.

We understand that the transfer should be sealed over the next few days but the 21-year-old will stay with the Paisley side until the end of this season.

A fee of around £300,000 plus add-ons has all-but secured the signing of one of Scotland’s best young talents in Morgan, the Championship’s stand-out player of this year, who has been scouted by several clubs in England including Nottingham Forest and Preston North End.

Indeed, the Parkhead club felt they had to quickly before the player was tempted to move to south of the border.

Rangers were also keen but the Scotland Under-21 international believes Brendan Rodgers is the man to further his career.

Celtic are also close to completing the capture of defender Marvin Compper from Red Bull Leipzig. The 32-year-old, who will cost £1m, is in Glasgowand is expected to have a medical today.

And while yesterday Chris Davies, the Celtic assistant manager, insisted the club would not be busy during the January transfer window, Dundee’s highly-rated central defender Jack Hendry, 22, is also nearing to move to Celtic Park, although like Morgan he could spend the rest of this season on loan at with his current side.

"As always in the January window we’ll be looking to add only things that we think will really improve us at that time of year,” said Davies.

“We’ve got a good squad, we’ve got lots of good players. There is certainly nothing major that needs to be done, what we need is to improve and evolve the squad in terms of quality slowly but surely.

“We’ll see in January exactly what that means but there is no panic or no rush."

St Mirren knocked back a £200,000 bid for Morgan from Preston in the summer but with the player’s contract due to end in June, they have accepted Celtic’s offer instead of watching him leave for nothing.

And Jack Ross, the St Mirren manager, will still have his talisman available to him for the Paisley club’s promotion push.

Jack recently praise Morgan for the manner in which such a young man has copes with so much being spoken about him with regards Celtic.

“Lewis has strengthened his mind-set in a number of ways over the past year,” said Ross. “He has coped very well with the attention around him.

“That has raised expectations of his performance level and he has just got to learn to deal with that, but it will help him wherever he goes.”

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Can we back out the deal

[​IMG]

:56:

Artorias likes this.
  4. TheHappyLoss

Last baby Hun we signed from the championship was a huge success :fear:

5. Jeremie Frimpong

“Your grandchildren will be Celtic fans.”

Artorias and Rendog like this.
  6. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Hope we get this over the line.

Boys an outstanding talent. Think he'll be an absolute star for us.

7. Mr. Slippyfist

Nah.

We've been signing players who were fans (or affiliated) to Rangers since the days of our creation.

Won't make a difference to me who he supports, as long as he comes in here and tries his best for the Bhoys.

Plus, he hardly looks delighted to be stood there watching his "idols" - probably one a those kids that's been brought up a wee hun, but secretly wishes he was a Tim :56::56::56::56:

_DannyBhoy_, Crilly and Rendog like this.
  8. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Bring him home :52:

Crilly likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

I want to give him a chance but i can't get over the fact he's blue. :fear:

Artorias likes this.
  10. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Ah cmon, you got over the fact venglos was a hun, remember...

Crilly likes this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Fair point. :56:

12. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    A like that hes a hun,coz you no that lot will be frothing at the mouth.Think hes ex rangers youth an all,makin it funnier.

charlietully likes this.
  13. Jeremie Frimpong

I wouldn’t work for them in any capacity, so I take a certain pleasure in the fact that kids who grew up supporting Rangers would rather play for us than them.

Artorias and Crilly like this.
  14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    see thats like me, i started texting and chatting a burd up about 11 year ago, stunning body, great face, liked her hole, text her wan night "ye uptae" reply "am at the Maryhill Lodge at a charity night, was at the walk the day" equals GTF in my book bucket!

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

You * romantic!

16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Anno suave back in the day old boy joys of being a young blooded 21 year old at the time!

Crilly likes this.
  17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Just watched his highlights from a Dundee United game this season and he tears them apart. Score's 2 crackers with both feet but the beating of his man and assist for the third is my favourite. Lovely pick out..

Looks like he can play anywhere behind the striker and may even be best as a 10. Seen him for Scotland before...Fast. Skillful. Good finisher..

Dundee United are probably on a good day effectively a bottom half top flight side so it's good to see what he could do for us..

18. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Don't sign son, one bad game against Rangers and you'll regret ever wearing that strip son, some * don't forget.

19. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Really liked the look of him when we played them at Celtic Park last season. For £300k it's probably a gamble worth taking.

20. Jeremie Frimpong

Who is the roasted on commentary? :56:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.