1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lewis Ferguson

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CountyDownFaithful, Sep 1, 2020.

Discuss Lewis Ferguson in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Ferguson doesn't play as a holding CM though, he plays further forward it's he just doesn't have the ability required.

I honestly don't understand what people see in him to be honest. When has he ever had a decent game against us?

2. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Hes pish, a * hammer thrower

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

3. Foley1888

I do think we could do with a midfielder to replace Browny but for the money Aberdeen would look to get for Fergusson we could do a lot better.

4. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Surely thats why we bought Soro to mould him into a Brown replacement . What was the point in buying him if that wasnt the reason

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  5. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    To be fair to him he was the Writers Young player of the year. We should always be buying the best young players. Hes played alot of SPL games at his age. Dont mind him for a couple of mil for the prospect.

Hammy89 likes this.
  6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Soro is a different player to Brown. He would hold that role which Brown has, but in terms of style they are very different.

Hammy89 likes this.
  7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I think that is the issue. Aberdeen would be looking for far more than that...probably 3x at least.

Hammy89 likes this.
  8. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    There's some right dross out there who have had good games against us.

I don't think that should be a marker, but I get what you're trying to say.

9. Sgt Neppers*

FFS, I was just getting over the last fear thread (McKenna) and then this pops us.

* no!!!!

deanoyvb7 and lennon11 like this.
  10. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Would take him for the right price. Think that will be well below what Aberdeen want for him though, which is fair enough.

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    As mentioned above I wouldn't use it as a marker.

I don't recall Turnbull ever actually playing well against us but we saw enough to make the move. In fact, did he actually play against us? Different players aye.

I see a good amount of potential in him, personally, another one who properly started his career at Hamilton. Just turned 21 and as mentioned, I would keep an eye on him this season as I can see it being his proper breakthrough.

I think terms like "hammerthrower" and "pure pish" are being harsh on him and maybe influenced by his cream bun background. For me he's aggressive, great level of stamina, good in the air, can take a set piece, decent if not special range of passing, not slow either and is now adding more goals to his game. There is definitely room there to improve, Aberdeen's stand out player now by some margin.

12. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Ferguson like Campbell, McKenna, Porteous, McCrorie and countless others in the past.

Young Scottish players who get championed by the press because they run about kicking people to make up for their lack of technical ability and reading of the game.

13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

In terms of players playing against us, you want to see an indication of how they measure up - particularly CMs who are competing against the players that they'd be looking to oust in the team, if we signed them.

McGinn for example had many a ding-dong with Brown in that position and scored 2 cracking long range goals against us at Parkhead.

Turnbull has played against us twice: the 1-1 game at Fir Park when Clancy chalked off the Benkovic goal - Turnbull got the assist with a nice pass on the edge to Johnson who admittedly still had a lot to do and also the 4-1 game at Parkhead when Motherwell played on from the throw after we put the ball out the park. From memory Motherwell did compete that day with us, until we pulled away in the end spurred on by the injustice of their goal.

Fair enough, I see him as a bit of hustle and bustle, good in the air but distinctly average in all other areas. If he was in our squad right now he'd be miles from the starting XI and for what would likely be a £2.5m+ outlay that wouldn't be a good use of our funds.

He's the type of player that will get a move to the English Championship and probably make a reasonable career out of it but for me he's certainly a pass. I'd much rather we gave Connell and/or Robertson game time than spend money on Ferguson.

Valhalla likes this.
  14. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    i dont think he deserves to be labelled with them. He is more of a player who falls somewhere between that group you have mentioned and Turnbull. Ferguson was clearly rated as the best youngster in Scotland last year by the press which i dont think we should just overlook. Specially when you look at the previously winners like turnbull, tierney, armstrong etc.

Big Shoes and Mr Shelby like this.
  15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I wouldnt very devastated to miss out on him dont get me wrong. And I actually dont think he will sign.

I do agree with where you are coming from in that he wouldnt come into our side currently. I'm more just kind of making the case that I feel he is being slightly underrated by some.

As I say, he had a good year last season by all accounts and has started this season very well. So it could well be his proper breakthrough where you see all he has to offer.

For a while I didnt see much in guys like Armstrong for instance and also questioned why we signed Christie at the time so things can change quite quickly. Worth keeping tabs on.

But agree in the sense that I dint think he would be worth the money Aberdeen would look for. To us, anyway. Aberdeen are perfectly within their rights to look for top dollar.

Big Shoes likes this.
  16. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    If he was available for the same price as Turnbull,I wouldn't be completely against it.

Issue is, they'll want £5 million minimum, it's why the huns haven't signed him either.

17. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

5 million for Lewis Ferguson :56:

In fact, even a million for Lewis Ferguson :56:

18. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
    Would pay 5mil no problem, would give us more than Ntcham & Brown over this season.

Big Shoes likes this.
  19. strike twice

I hope we don't sign Lewis Ferguson , he could pick up a red card for a rash tackle anytime during a game .

20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

This is the most suspect post I’ve ever seen.

Smithy and Hammy89 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.