1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leo Hjelde

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Slaw, Jul 29, 2019.

Discuss Leo Hjelde in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I’m honestly not arsed.

Players like him will come and go.

2. wulliebad

Would have been nice to see him in the team for a friendly in 5 years time.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  3. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    The Huns of the Premier League… hope they go bust…. again :93:

4. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Heard that they want to loan him back to us,aye mayswell whip out your * and slap us in the face with your filthy cheesy helmet.

5. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    * him, and * Leeds! Horrible club

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  6. FairDinkumMate

Quite an impressive debut against West Ham on the weekend. Showed some poise

The_Bhoy likes this.
  7. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Starting in the Premier League today v West Ham. On sky the now.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    No point crying about it as he clearly wanted away for a while but it's still disappointing as he was left sided and could play left back. He 100% would've had a lot of game time for us this season..

He looked the real deal. Big. Quick. Good on the ball. Versatile..

Aw well..

9. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Didn’t start came on off the bench didn’t want to be here upto him

10. Paradise88

He didn't start. Leeds are down to the bare bones, subbing on two teenagers who haven't played in the prem, but it's working so far

11. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Get this in the Ex Players :56:

12. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

He obviously didn’t see a pathway to the first team under the previous regime and I don’t think anyone can blame him for that.

Peej likes this.
  13. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    His head was turned by the bright lights of the EPL

It happens

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    £2m for a guy who never played a competitive top team game

15. Foley1888

It’s was either that our lose him for compensation as he wouldn’t sign a new deal. He would have probably got a run at left back for us this season when Taylor was out as well as he was miles ahead of Montgomery and played there for Ross County last year.

It’s still a pity as the boy fits the description of what we are needing as a centre back the now, left sided good on the ball, decent pace and tall. Hopefully got a decent sell on too.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://www.nrk.no/sport/norsk-prem...a-ga-ned-i-vekt_-_-det-var-brutalt-1.15814058
    The Norwegian Premier League comet was told to lose weight: - It was brutal
    Leo Fuhre Hjelde (18) is the youngest Norwegian to make his debut in a Premier League match ever. Despite the confidence in Leeds, he describes the transition to English football as anything but simple. Hjelde was told to take a drastic step when he came to the club.

The Norwegian comet is sitting on the bus home from London when NRK hits the thread. Leo Fuhre Hjelde is delighted to have beaten West Ham in his Premier League debut.

- It was extremely large. I can say that. It is a bit surreal to get the debut at such a young age, it makes it almost even better, says Hjelde to NRK.

The Norwegian was substituted after 23 minutes when Leeds had to make two substitutions due to injury. The move means that he is now the youngest Norwegian Premier League debutant in history.

- Everything happened very fast. There were two players who went down and then I was told to go out and warm up. When I realized I was going in, my heart was pounding.

- For me, it's a nice title to have with you. It will probably not sink in until a little later, Hjelde continues.

It was a shock
    Hjelde signed a four-year contract with Leeds in August. Last season he played for Ross County on loan from Celtic in the Scottish top division.

Trønderen admits that the transition from Celtic and Scottish football has been tough. The 18-year-old realized early on that everyday life in English football would be completely different.

- The start has been very nice, but it took me a couple of weeks to get into everyday training, says Hjelde and adds that it took a little longer than he thought.

The stopper was told early on that he had to take hold of his body and lose weight.

- I was told that I had to lose a few kilos to become a Premier League midfielder. You have weight goals, so I was told to lose a few kilos to be at the combat weight they wanted. It was a bit heavy to step down on the food, the Norwegian admits.

The contrast from everyday life in Celtic has been very great.

- In Celtic I was told that I was too light. I ate a little more, and the workouts were nowhere near as hard. It was a shock to come from Scotland. It is a completely different level here. I have received good backing from the club and the players around.

Brutal at times
    The youngster says he has also had a good relationship with his new coach, Marcelo Bielsa. The charismatic Argentine has taken good care of Hjelde, according to himself.

- He has helped me a lot to achieve my goals. I have been with the a-team since the first day. It has done a lot for me to work under one of the world's best managers.

- He has been tough at times. You get to feel it somehow, the midfielder continues.

Hjelde admits that Bielsa's intense playing style has eroded and describes some sessions as brutal.

- There is a lot of running. For my part, it has been brutal training days at times.

The 18-year-old remembers in particular one training he describes as extra heavy.

- It was probably a "murderball" training (11 against 11 without rules). I remember I played against Patrick Bamford and was tired after two minutes. And then it was half an hour left.

The Norwegian has obviously done something right. Friday's game against West Ham was his second game in a row for Bielsa's team. The 18-year-old played the entire match for Leeds when the team was eliminated from the FA Cup against West Ham last weekend.

Now he hopes for more trust.

- It's just to continue on this good trend and show a good figure, Hjelde concludes.

17. celtic warrior

Hindsight is a real *.

One game proves nothing overall but * me did we waste this talent.

18. spitz

There will be a decent sell on %.

Which is good, because this kid looks like an absolute future star.

Only 18. Played CB mid week on Antonio then LB yesterday.

19. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    How did we waste him? We sent him out on loan to improve, which was the right thing given his age and he comes back and wants to leave.

Pacific Ocean Blue and Damnati like this.
  20. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Not surprised if we was just telling him to put on some size and then not do any hard training sessions :thumbsdow