1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    I remember Tony Stokes and all the hassle he gave Lenny at Celtic and Hibs and how many times he gave him chances. Till eventually no more and let him go at Hibs after yet another * up. Stokes was a very good player, underrated by many I thought, and was a key player in Lennys first stint playing beside Hooper. But it seems that his off field stuff destroyed all his good on field stuff. Something that seems to be happening with Griff also

2. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    youre actually just making up the narrative now.

A Celtic statement said: “Leigh is undertaking his own fitness programme along with some other players at Lennoxtown.He will team up with the squad when they return from France.”

that’s it. Literally all that’s been said. So calm yer * and painting the story that he’s came back overweight, unfit, not done the training requested and basically taking the * out the club. Absolute nonsense that a Celtic supporter is jumping to conclusions like this. If it comes out that this is what happened than fair dos, but to bang on like you have based on the above quote is hun behaviour.

3. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

People are just at the stage of making * up just to make Leigh look worse when no one knows the full truth, he needs our support just not making cuntish comments about him.

Never think he might not of wanted to go so he could stay with his family for another few weeks and make sure he’s on top of his injury issues as well as mental state. Some of the comments about him are pathetic.

4. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The club have said he's staying at Lennoxtown to work on fitness. Fitness ffs! And by reports he's the only 1st team player left behind. He's not been out injured lately he's been like all his fellow team mates training at home. And if the Fitness team are making him train rather than get on the pitch with a ball then his fitness level must be poor And considering it's the only games we will play in the next 2 weeks or so then he's then behind on match fitness as well. Imo if the player was injured or had missed some training then they wouldn't have worded the statement the way they did Look I already said if I was wrong I would be the first to say so but this isn't the first time he's been accused of being unfit so there's previous. I just think he's had plenty of chances in the last 2 seasons and yet again he's in the news for something apart from good news.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Mikey Johnston was left behind too.

littlekennie likes this.
  6. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Which reports?

I've been hunting for the names of all players away and those not and can't find them anywhere, short of looking at the club's YT training videos.

Anyone got a definite list?

MJ9 likes this.
  7. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Mate no one on here wants him to fail. No one wants him to leave. But he doesn't get to chose when he leaves the family, the club does as per his contract And if your saying no one care about his mental state, we'll again that's not the case. What we all want is a fit and healthy Griff playing and scoring goals. He's had 4 months with his family to get on top of his issues and in that time it looks like he's neglected the only thing he needed to do in that period. He's came back unfit and hasn't reached a level where he can be taken on a tournament that would have got him much needed game time. In being left behind he's now going to be even further behind in match practice and also the chance to reintegrate himself back in the squad.

8. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Still getting over the cruciate injury at St Johnstone I'm sure.

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Hendry, Shved and Ralston have stayed behind too.

Blochairnbhoy and MickeyyMack like this.
  10. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    maybe it would make more sense to wait and see what the actual deal is, instead of just reading far too much into something, guessing at what’s happened then saying “if I’m wrong fair dos”. You, me and everyone else has the same info from the club, anything else fae papers or whatever isn’t worth even looking at. As you’ve said he’s had problems so maybe give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise, eh? If it comes out that he’s * about, not bothered or whatever then fair dos, he needs to accept the punishment but you’ve been way too dramatic and basing your rant on a lack of evidence so settle down.

11. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Am I the only one commenting on this !!!!!!!! You might have a look on social media and the amount of comments about him tgat are more scathing than what I have said
    No and I have a quite a few likes on the comments made so not as if my views are mine only. I will say it again. He's not fit enough to go away with the 1st team and was staying at Lennoxtown to work on his fitness and that what was reported by the club.And unless he's not fit then why would the club even come out with that statement. Its clear that he's not in the right shape to play matches so he's not fit, simple I would bet more money than I can afford that he's the only player that has been left behind that's was playing last year, outwith Mikey Johnston, still getting over cruciate, Jack Hendry and Marian Shved. You can keep supporting him, at no stage have I said I'm not, but how many chances does he get to be the player of 3 or 4 years ago. If this issue is down to his lack of professionalism and commitment then he will get no sympathy beacuse he's wasting a talent that every single one on here would love to have

12. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ralston is being allowed to leave.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

He’s still been left behind with the others.

So again who is Leigh knocking with that Instagram post.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  14. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Mate you’re on a forum giving your opinion, if you don’t like people debating with you, you’ve maybe missed the point. And congrats on the likes, clearly that’s important to you.

ok here’s a scenario; Leigh was training hard at home, felt a slight strain in his calf and had to spend a week or so recovering and resting. He’s came back to the club and isn’t as sharp as the others. The club has decided he should stay and work with the team at Lennoxtown so that he’s up to speed when they return. Club also decides it’s a good chance to look at klimala and bayo more.

none of that could be true, or all of it could. There’s no way to tell based on what the club said. You’ve decided what’s happened and went with the negative. What I’m saying is calm down and wait until all facts are known before jumping right in and questioning the guy’s commitment, discipline, career at Celtic and everything else.

Marty McFly likes this.
  15. Lewis Kerr

Getting a bit sick of the Leigh Griffiths merry-go-round. Its boring to read that he's either unfit, overweight or injured every other month.

I am not his biggest fan but pre-lockdown Griffiths was playing some of his best stuff ever for us in my opinion. Chipping in with goals, assists, selfless plays and good link up with Eddy. I never liked his greedy mentality before, shooting from ridiculous angles and wanting to be the "main man". The 40 goal season got to his head, and his ego took a massive hit when Dembele arrived. I mind him scoring an important goal in that season and was giving it the big "I am number 1" to the crowd. It was cringeworthy.

With that said I liked his contribution in 2016-17 and was really impressed by him this season. I just want him to be available and fit at every opportunity. He's extremely lucky to be at a club of this stature with his unreliability in recent seasons.

Scott smyth likes this.
  16. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    See all the ranting and dramatic stuff keep it for someone else.
    I'm going by what the club released and other reports and usual stuff flying about. Griff has had issues with training in the past and that's a fact. He's left out of a tournament that's his only chance of some quality match minutes and the chance to work on his partnership with Eddie. Of course he's been the model pro lately and no one thinks anything else, aye right. The truth will come out, although even when it does will people believe it, but if, and I mean if, he's not done the stuff at home then he's bang to rights. In a season that means so much, with pressure that won't have been seen in my or plenty others time we need the experienced pros like him to be pulling in the right direction. But right now a one in two games striker has fitness issues that has meant being left at home.

17. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Good post. Its been 3 years since we have had a fully fit Griff, Off field health issues aside, and it's now getting a bit tedious. We have shown guys like Stokes the door and at least he was always available to play. But Griff has had a lot of soft tissue injuries and that's really hindered him and his contribution. I already said that a fully fir Griff is a 1 in 2 games goalscorer and would be a vital player. But looking at his input in the last 2 years especially its hard to make a cse for him to be a starter every week

18. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    drama and ranting? Me? I’ve literally done the opposite. Keen to see the source of the other reports and “usual stuff”. I’ve seen Celtic’s statement and that’s it. And from that, you can take * all from it.

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Funny all these In the know * don’t actually have a clue.

20. Lewis Kerr

He shouldn't be a starter for me, but as a reliable squad/bench player who is willing to come on and do his best for the team he is a very, very good asset. We know he's dangerous and has a great left beg, he IS a natural goal scorer. But how long do we persist?

He also needs to quit social media. Its not good for your mental health. I deactivated Instagram about 5 weeks ago and not looked back since. Don't use Facebook either. Done wonders for my own life. He (and many others) need to wise up.