1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Done really well when he came on, that's all he can do.

He will get his chance again, it's a long * season.

2. Aidan O’Shea

He's a very good player and seems a good *.

3. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    His movement is better than Moussa's . We get in behind 1 on 1 far more often when he is on the pitch.

4. Keano88

The wait for a dead ball chip goes on..:54:

5. Bumblebee

Leigh, I know you read this thread.

I love you mate honestly I really do, not just because of today. I have loved you ever since you pulled that jersey on. I thought you were a great wee player when you were at Hibs. I hope you keep yer head down and stick in don't worry if you are on the bench just keep doing what you are doing Brendan knows he can't always keep you on the bench.

Love you soo much, have a well deserved teacake with a nice wee cuppa when you get home and put yer feet up, my darling prince xxxx

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Think it'd be a good idea to start him against Ross County. Dembele doesn't really deserve to be dropped but a bit of rotation isn't a bad thing after the number of matches we've played of late.

Plus we're away at Aberdeen next weekend so it'll be good to have fresh legs for it.

7. Bumblebee

I felt Dembele was a bit greedy at times during the game, not a criticising the big man by he way. But you feel Leigh plays for the team a bit more at times and Moussa is a wee bit more for his own glory.

buchanbhoy likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Swervedancer Guest

I agree, I think a bit of rotation wouldn't be such a bad thing and for Leigh to keep his skill levels up he needs as much game time as possible.

I've been really impressed with his attitude, a lot of players could have spat the dummy and started to play with less effort. I don't know what he said about Deila but I'm sure it's not as bad as being made out. He came off the bench today and made a huge impact, was instrumental in unsettling their defence and setting up the goal. So he's still showing his determination that the team win comes first and his knowledge of how to assist goals..

His time will come again I'm sure of it but what a player to have on the bench if Brendan can keep him motivated the way he has been.

10. BelfastBhoy74

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Excellent point. I think Griffiths movement is 1st class, he fulled into and then away from the fullback, Jozo to be fair spotted it and delivered a great ball, Leigh then sets up the goal. 3 minutes later he again makes a cracking run that he was put through but keeper saved his chip.....there must be a case for playing them together. I get that Rodgers likes a kinda 4-2-3-1 but I really think that the way these two guy play they could fill Rogic's boots no bother

11. TimFloyd Gold Member

Needs a few runs of games, the more he is sat on the bench he is naturally going to be getting disgruntled.

Playing in the form of your life and scoring 40+ goals in a season then find yourself on the bench.

12. Bumblebee

Gives Brendan something to think about now.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. wulliebad

Thomson is just a humourless *....no wonder refs are thought of as utter *.

15. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    There has been some amount of * spouted about Griffiths by our support. Things like he's nothing more than a goalscorer and has little else to his game - that has never been the case, his movement is excellent as is his awareness and his ability to bring others into play.

I'm not saying Moussa doesn't have these, but the attempts to put down Griffiths over the years have been embarrassing.

celticpro and buchanbhoy like this.
  16. wulliebad

I agree and i would also say sinclair can be a bit gready,both are guilty of shooting and trying to score while team mates are stood on edge of the box waiting.

17. TheHappyLoss

Pretty much all good forwards are greedy. Moussa, Leigh and Scott are pretty good forwards

18. Swervedancer Guest

I think the best forwards aren't always the ones who score the most goals although that is a good indicator. I think the best are the ones who evaluate a situation and try their best to make the movement necessary that will create the best chance either for them or a team mate. I think Griffiths is quite unselfish in this respect.

That is why I'd like to see a way we could play them both up front.

19. The Celtic Way

he gets it, thats what i like about him most,even though he his hibs through and through he gets it, and no celtic fan holds his hibs connections against him, and nor should they.

20. TheHappyLoss

Could easily play them both up front domestically. The good problem is in the main Dembele, Griffiths, Sinclair, Forrest and Roberts have all been very good this season we can't play all five of them though.