1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Not sure why booing one player would affect the rest of the team.

In fact, keeping him around must be having more of an affect on the squad. No way is every player happy to share a pitch with him.

I don’t think he’ll be here in 3 weeks.

Hammy89 likes this.
  2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Oh come on. The booing had nothing to do with the West Ham result. That was our defensive frailties getting exposed by top class forwards. It will happen again if we don’t address it.

3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I hope he continues to be booed every single time he steps on the pitch for us.

Cena, Gyp Rosetti and James like this.
  4. James Gold Member Gold Member

Were we not getting skelped 4-2 when he came on anyway ? That's off the top of my head so I could be wrong

5. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    It did though, as soon as he come on the atmosphere within Celtic park was toxic as * (understandably so) that has a knock on effect to every other player on the park.

And I’m totally with you him just being in training every day must be stirring animosity between players too. Sooner he’s out the door with his ‘tight calf’ the better. You know I’ve been a supporter of him but there is nowhere to hide now 2 seasons in a row he’s put us in jeopardy. The club comes first not an individual.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  6. James Gold Member Gold Member

I disagree with that I agree that the atmosphere turned toxic with all the dafties cheering him but it didn't have any bearing on the result for me. We lost to Hearts and failed to win twice against the Danes those results happened due to our inability to defend nothing to do with Griffiths being boo'd

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Not even sure what that's supposed to mean in this context. People were booing a creepy wee * who was messaging an underage lassie on social media. I very much doubt everyone booing has done the same as Griffiths.

And if you think booing Griffiths was the reason for the result then I don't know where to start. It could have been 6-2 before he set foot on the pitch. We were horrific defensively the entire game.

He should be booed every time he plays for us until he * off somewhere else. The guy is a creep and a total waster who has now rinsed the club for years. * him.

Gyp Rosetti and James like this.
  8. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    But it cost us to player a weakened team due to him “being injured”, I’m not saying the booing made us get beat, I’m saying the booing caused a knock on effect which in essence didn’t help. The same as last year with all his problems, that’s why I said two years in a row he’s cost us a good start.

9. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    It was in relation to your typical backhanded insults, they’re getting petulant and quite honestly boring, you offer nix in terms of conversation or ideas. Just insults, backhanded comments or drivel. You happy with that explanation?

10. James Gold Member Gold Member

He's had about 40 calf strains in the last 3 seasons and not one of them has been down to him being boo'd. I'm not naive enough to think he is injured just now right enough and I hope we're just looking for someone who will be happy to be lumbered with him but the fact the support were put in that position is absolutely * from the club. I genuinely couldn't care less if it hurt Griffiths feeling or whatever he should have been out the door long before this season regardless

11. G40B

The rest of the players probably agree with the boos.

Just because they’re teammates doesn’t mean they’re brothers.

Even looking beyond what he was investigated for, it’s now the fourth year in a row he’s turned up overweight and unfit.

That’s bound to * the rest of the players off who have restricted themselves during the off season.

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

His fitness isn't an issue this season, he's injured..

He was obviously fit and ready to go and Ange was impressed enough to ok the extension..

But, aye off the park he's a car crash in general.

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Backhanded insults:56:

Tell you what - for a guy who thinks Forrest is * and would be lucky to play for Sunderland, and is having a go at fans for making their feels about a creepy * known - you have some brass neck on you. Strange, strange opinions.

And nah. That explanation still makes zero sense. You're suggesting someone you don't like on an internet forum should be wary of defending the booing of a 30 year old man who is messaging an underage girl looking for scuddies. Simply because you disagree with what I say on certain topics.

It doesn't add up at all.

14. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Your one of them * that would start an argument in an empty room ffs, first forum I’ve ever been in you get moaned at for criticising someone everyone else is criticising because it’s no the way their criticising them, * head melt ………..,

15. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Yet again the cogs and wheels must be * melting in your nut man, your just making up * in your own imagination, battering into conversation after conversation not even reading what’s being said. It’s * hysterical!

Here it comes though I must be a zombie because I’m newish and your an OG sorry hard man.

16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

And apparently it's me making up * in my own imagination.

I don't think you're a hun at all. Just a Celtic fan with some ridiculous takes.

17. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Funny that as you hint at it more often than not, like I’ve said to you umpteen times hit the ignore button fella, you’ll no have to listen to my pish :) because I really canny be * having arguments with you every post I write. It’s getting creepy.

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Nah. I'm intrigued to see your next hot take.

19. James Gold Member Gold Member

you want a hanky ? you can either have a cry or a * cos I feel like you might need both

20. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Guessing bullying is your forte well played :)