1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I think a lot of it is borne out of frustration at him even getting a contract then he goes and drags the clubs name through * and botched his pre season for the 2nd year in a row.

horseshoe and The Prof like this.
  2. James Gold Member Gold Member

The huns have a goalkeeper who was an accused rapist they now refer to him as '*' and love him. We're now expected to applaud a man who messages children ... not for me I don't care if he plays for Celtic or Stirling Albion * that guy

3. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    The fact the board have not defused this situation and gotten shot a him is so unprofessional for a club the size of us can’t get my head around it. Surely it’s not down to the fact we are currently struggling up front at present and it looks like Eddy will be offski & * knows what’s happening with Ajeti having been completely left out the squad today

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

This isn’t an unreasonable request.

If he was framed then tell us. If he actually done it but couldn’t be charged... get him to *. Why is this going on like nothing happened? Shambles.

martin_d likes this.
  5. Maestro 08

He's a sleazy, stupid * but for me that's very far from claiming he's a paedophile. I think if that had been established, that he knew her age he would have been charged. From what I've heard the girl herself has said there was no way to know her age. On that basis you can't go about ruining someone's life for something there's no evidence for and they've been cleared of... on top of that my hunch is the guy isn't a paedophile. Just a stupid, sleazy *.

Mickmac and cat123 like this.
  6. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    It just sums up the small time attitude of our board. Getting someone to replace him might take a bit of effort so let’s just keep him on for now.
    It’s pathetic.

Xatraps and MickeyyMack like this.
  7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He was cleared of any criminality, but that doesn’t tell us if he knew or not. Either way his actions are totally inappropriate and his presence at the club is a negative, in my opinion.

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Lack of clarity has always been an issue with this Board.

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I’ve never called him anything other than sleazy/creepy throughout this whole thing.

He still shouldn’t be here. Arguing the semantics is just being awkward for the sake of it.

Let Griffiths sue posters on here for character assassination. Somehow I don’t think he would think it worth his trouble or money.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  10. Bonobhoy

Spot on...I never wanted him back as a player, along with most of the others. When he was given an extension some * in here were firing one off thinking it was a great decision by the manager/board...no further from the truth. He has been pish for to many season now and that was the reason i wanted him gone.

Its still the main reason why i want him gone,he is a mediocre player now and not done much in the last few seasons.

The club has fallen apart in 6 months and its not getting back to any state of normality soon either,especially with the players in defence and goalkeeper situation,throwing in even seeing in our manager is actually going to be a good manager or not.

Griffs staying the way thing are is just going to make it worse...and it looks like a majority of the new online Paedo Hunting groups wont be happy till he's left the club...or worse.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  11. Maestro 08

Same for me, I don't want him here, he's long out stayed his welcome. What he was up to is an embarrassment regardless and he needed to go long before this. I just won't be calling him a paedo as for me it's unfounded and could destroy someone for the rest of their life.

cat123 likes this.
  12. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    It’s shocking mate just another matter that can be added to there long list of * Errors. Now regardless of your judgment surrounding this topic , its fkn obvious the ones pulling the strings at the club have got to step in In relation to a topic like this and take swift action. They have done the complete opposite and instead of defusing the matter have giving him the opportunity to be part of the playing squad which is unfortunately not going to end well for us the paying punter , do they give a flying *? I stopped believing that long ago. So therefore it will be your average Joe once again paying the price as this will only add hostility in parkhead and defeats will follow , leagues cups Etc will be lost for the second year running all because this incompetent Board cannot make the correct decisions for this club. Surely it’s possible to get rid of these * but I’m still wondering why it’s not happened we are a PLC surely there is a way to go as they are useless clowns who gave up long ago and I hate to say it When that lot got liquidated that played a part they seen the coin drop. *!

13. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    To refer to folks as some sort of new online paedo hunting cult for feeling disgust & anger towards Griffiths is rather odd , considering most of the action was inside the stadium add that to your early statement about the YouTube Paedo hunters is quite strange. You have clearly got something against those chaps that do the videos online :56:.

A certain amount of our support wanting Him out of the club for messaging waines is completely different from the work those Paedo Hunter * do struggling to see the similarities that you see.

14. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    She’s clearly a wee lassie, and should be keeping well clear. The issue for me is that the guy has a history of making a * of it. He embarrasses himself and the club, yet somehow got his contract extended. He should have taken that as a line in the sand to stop the wee guy pish he has done for years, the lack of professionalism, the social media pish, coming back a stone overweight etc and get the head down. He’s well paid by Celtic and he has had a * of a lot of support so he should be paying that back by doing his best. He should be focusing on football and earning the trust again. But nah, just gonna sit and message wee burds instead. He’s had his chance, he’s a * and he needs to go.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  15. Fear Dearg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat Bonnar
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    Why hasn't his contract been ripped up is what I'd like to know

oh bhoy likes this.
  16. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Just get him to *. It's just going to snowball when the league starts, fans will argue and no doubt be a few incidents amongst our own fan base for this *. A complete waste of everyones energy.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Agreed TalkCeltic isn’t what it used to be.

Full of wee sensitive Sally’s

18. Moustache

I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen a player as bulletproof amongst sections of our support (and seemingly with the board as well) as Griffiths. You’ve got people acting like he’s the Andy Drufense of Parkhead, and not some waster messaging a 15 year old, slyly fishing for nudes.

We’ve literally had posts justifying his creepy behaviour because a lassie dared to post a picture of herself in a bikini, or because people can’t identify what a girl in her mid-teens looks like. People can whine about modern society, or social media or whatever the * they want, but to clarify: You don’t have a right to be a creep because of what a woman (or in this instance, a girl) chooses to wear and if you’re going to chat up (or in this instance, attempt to solicit nudes) from a lassie whose age may be difficult to discern, then I’d suggest sticking with someone you can actually confirm is an * (and not batter on with someone that’s still potentially waiting for their 4th year exam results). His potential cheating on his partner, while an incredibly * thing to do, is a private matter and it’s certainly not the issue here.

Putting aside the creepy behaviour for a second; This is a guy who couldn’t be arsed to meet the most basic of expectations for a professional footballer, in what was a potentially history making season. It’s only when faced with the prospect of having to find a new club or getting a contract extension (an option that would never have been in consideration if not for the negligence of the board) that he seemingly decided to actually attempt to get fit.

There’s people that have hounded Edouard for his perceived attitude over the last year or so (and I’m not arguing that he hasn’t had a questionable attitude) yet they’ll still bang on about how ‘wee Griff’ is just waiting for the right opportunity to show that he’s still a 20+ goal a season striker and deserves a chance. The problem there though is that Edouard, despite his attitude, still has the decency to maintain some professional standards and applied himself enough that he was still the league’s top goal scorer. Griffiths unprofessionalism meanwhile ensured that he had yet another fairly poor season.

A competent, professionally run football club would not have allowed a situation like today’s to play out. There’s been a complete lack of clarity from the board regarding the whole situation and quite frankly, just letting Griffiths back in to the squad like nothing has gone on isn’t acceptable. If they consider the situation resolved and are standing by Griffiths, then at least have the decency to put out a statement saying so. At least that way supporters know what the lay of the land is and can make informed decisions based on that.

The whole fiasco needs to be resolved one way or the other. We can’t have a situation where there’s a player who’s very presence is causing that level of disharmony in the stands. If today’s scenes weren’t bad enough, imagine what it’ll be like when there’s more fans in the stadium. The fact that the manager, who ultimately chose to include him, wouldn't even condemn the booing is telling in of itself.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  19. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Disgusted to hear Celtic fans booing one of our players. I cant stand Boli or Nicham but certainly would never boo them when out on the park. If people dont like a player, fine, just dont clap or cheer but to boo, *?

20. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Not once have I seen anyone suggest the guy should be kept on. And no one has defended him, certainly in the last few days with regards to his attitude, application and dedication on the pitch. Maybe some people, before the whole creepy texting thing wanted to give him a chance but I think there is now an overwhelming feeling amongst the support that it’s time for him to go, not only for the benefit of us but himself.

My argument isn’t that he’s not a creep or a * scumbag for going behind his birds back. It’s the argument that people are calling him a nonce or a paedo. I’ve not seen anything about that lassie, so I can’t comment on what age she looks but it’s irrelevant in reality. The police found no wrongdoing and quickly put the matter to bed.

It’s entirely possible to want him out of the club for his behaviour over the last year and especially the last couple of weeks but still defend him when idiots are calling him a nonce/paedo.

Artorias and Maestro 08 like this.