1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Definitely no an unpopular opinion..

Everyone i know wants him gone..

2. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Ever thought that his off feild issues could have been work related?

3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

"On his day" isn't good enough for a club like Celtic. We need a guy whose day is every day he plays.

It's time we drew a line under his Celtic career and moved on to someone that can be trusted to be available when we need him to be.

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Tell me what you really think x

5. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Apparently everyone will have a clean slate when Ange arrives at Lennoxtown and its up to the players to prove themselves. If players are judged on footballing ability alone Griffiths will not be shown the door. People who have trained with Griffiths will tell you he has a ridiculously talented left foot. Personally I believe Griffiths is a special talent and massively under-rated by certain Celtic fans.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He isn't massively underrated at all. We all know he has ability but it's his application and attitude that are the issues. Previously I'd have been more willling to give him another chance or defend him but there comes a point where there's too much evidence against him and you just need to accept that he's part of the problem.

7. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I think keeping him on with a heavily incentives based contract is the way to go that way if he falls back into a rut he is on reduced pay.

If he actually produced what we all know he can then he gets what he deserves for bringing the goals.

8. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    I actually really like Griff and think as an SPL striker he is very good, he's got a great left peg but its just an SPL striker. However his attitude towards training and been a constant professional is absolutely * pathetic and he should be shown the door, he's * up more than enough times now and its not as if he is Messi, blokes had 2 good seasons at us really, Deilas where he scored 30+ and missed 30+ open goals and his best season which was Rodgers first season. Since then he's been bang average and is a poor professional.

Punt and all the best Griff nothing personal but you are at Celtic, not your local sunday league club.

9. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Ange won’t judge him on football ability alone. If Ange keeps him it’s because Griffiths has committed to the process 100%. No cutting corners, he starts doing that and he’ll be gone.

The big Viduka and cat123 like this.
  10. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Im willing to stand corrected on this one. Yes you are right if Griff shows a poor attitude then he wont last long. However its a fresh start for everyone so its up to Griff to show his attitude is correct because for me his footballing ability is not in question. He's been working hard in the gym to get himself fit, I know that doesnt mean that he's back to his best but hopefully its a sign he's got his head together. I believe he has it in him to screw the nut and be part of the Ange era. Like Ive said before for me he's a brilliant wee player, with Griff on the pitch you always have a serious goal threat.

craigtheceltic and cat123 like this.
  11. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Will always remember that free kick against ber sheeva

12. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Angelo wont throw him under a bus but if he stays and has Angelo's support he wont be brave enough to * up.if he does * up griff will end up worse than a dead dingoes donga

13. oh bhoy

i will be amazed if he doesnt get the extra year now after hearing ralston getting getting one

Artorias and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  14. dmccourt95

Cant be long until we will be hit with stories of how he’s got his head down and worked hard in the off season, failing to mention the fact that this will be the 5th time in 4 years he’s had to do that and will no doubt be bombed out again in 5 months time

Breathnach67 and AdamRS like this.
  15. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    The guy has obvious mental health issues that have plagued his career. He's also, let's face it, not the sharpest.

He's coming to end of that career now, and if Ange can get him fit and tooled up then I see no reason to give him another year, as long as it's incentive based; certain weight, BMI, minutes per month etc etc.

When he's fit and focused there's few better strikers in Scotland.
    I understand many have lost all patience with him and see no more chances for him to buck his ideas up, but I think he's worth the gamble.

scuzzy likes this.
  16. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Not to trivialise mental health issues as it’s something I greatly sympathise with but there are countless other players who’ve suffered with mental health but they haven’t conducted themselves in the disgraceful way this guy has time and time again. Granted, it impacts different people in different ways but I don’t believe there’s any excuse for the ways and frequency with which Griff has let us down. Great player on his day but the penny of professionalism has never quite dropped for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdamRS likes this.
  17. john2061

Anyone should get a extra year after hearing Ralston getting a extension and who decided on that and wouldn't have been the new manager and think Griffiths will be offered it .

18. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I get why you may want to offer Griff an incentive based deal.
    If he gets another year it has to be incentive based and not the contract he is on now. I read he earns about 18k a week surely he can't be handed that again.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'd offer him the chance to earn that via performance based targets. Otherwise he will be off to hibs on 1.8k.

20. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Or maybe to the sheep to work under broony.

honda likes this.