1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lewis Kerr

Wonder what's next for him? English League One I reckon.

He was always overrated, but he is such a natural striker in front of goal, players like that don't come around too often. My favourite season from him was 2016/17 when he was Moussa's back up, he became a team player and chipped in with a good amount of goals and assists. Wasn't a fan of him under Deila despite the goals, everything went through him and his greediness and lack of link up play was hurting us.

I liked what I saw from him at the tail end of last season too where he formed that partnership with Eddy, that was a sweet bit of form which I thought was impossible from him in recent times.

Definitely should be one of the first out of the door come the summer though.

Smithy likes this.
  2. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Time to say bye, done well for us but could have done 10x better if he had the attitude. Ran out of chances now.

seanm likes this.
  3. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I totally agree. I thought when he got himself back in the side and as you say showed a bit of urgency got a couple of goals you hoped he would kick on from there and have a good season like he was doing after last seasons winter break but the opposite has happened.

4. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I don't see him leaving this summer. I don't think anyone would buy him and or match what we pay him to be honest, proved to unreliable and being 30. This summer we will have so few players it's probably not worth paying him off. He'll go next season and probably end up at Hibs.

seanm and Yoshi like this.
  5. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I'd keep him. He'll never be our number 1 striker but he is a good one to have.

I don't want to be relying on Ajeti or Klimala once Edouard goes.

seanm and Hammy89 like this.
  6. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    With Eddy gone, new manager may well try get shot of all 3, and lets face it, who could blame him.
    A bit like the keeper shambles. Get rid of all 3.

7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Totally unrealistic. That would just exacerbate the problem we're going to have with bringing in players over the summer.

The Phoenix likes this.
  8. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

One year ago today we player our last game before the world caved in. Just look how sharp the wee man was, and how blistering we were as a team.

Utterly * depressing.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  9. oh bhoy

coming into this season unfit should have been the final straw,christ imagine the abuse he would be getting if he was from france.get him to *

10. wulliebad

Do people really want our strike force to be ajeti and klimala next season.:56:

11. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'm very undecided. Not seen enough of either to know really. Which is why I'd like us to play them to decide whether to keep or punt and not waste a pre-season on them if they can't prove themself this season.

So I'd like them to be our strike force this season but punt in the transfer window if needed.

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

No. We need at least two strikers in the summer.

Eddy will be gone and Griffiths needs punted asap.

Two starting level strikers, Ajeti and Klimala (unless he gets loaned out or sold).

13. wulliebad

At some point we have to admit we are not going to go into next summer with everyone replaced that leaves.It's looking like 6 or 7 or more of our first 15 will be gone. Sold or returned to club we loaned them from. We also need a new defence and i'm not sure anyone is even happy with our first 3 keepers. It would be crazy to add griff to that list,we need to wait and see what happens now the problem of him and lennon has been removed. He has a few years of goals left in him yet in a front two.

The Phoenix likes this.
  14. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'm not against that just haven't seen him do too much this season. But then who has.

I would prefer Klimala and Ajeti to make their claim but not seeing that being likely.

15. wulliebad

Our strikers have not stood a chance this season,its the Eddy must play regardless of form bullshit has not helped anyone. And next season we will be expected to challenge with 3 strikers who spent most of a season on a bench because they were not fit enough because some idiot refused to give them game time.

NomDePlum likes this.
  16. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Lucky we had a replacement idiot for consistencies sake.

17. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Get him on for that imposter Christie now

18. wulliebad

Can't wait for next season when the laptop gets us into the CL groups.:36:

19. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Ajeti, Klimala, Barkas.. id cut our losses and take money on them all if we can get it. Id imagine Basel might take a punt on bringing Ajeti back.

We need to be ruthless on our effort to regain the title. Especially with the added impetus of the CL qualification. We need players who want to be here and who will make their mark on the team.

20. davidhannah

His career at Celtic is hanging in the balance. He hasn't started regularly in 2 going on 3 seasons now. Missed the boat in not going out on loan.

From a Scotland perspective I want to see him playing for the last 5 games. There's the Euros coming up. And it is in there. But, its slipping away in a bad season. He's been chronically down the pecking order. Kennedy bringing him on for 2 minutes today was a poor substitution, and of no benefit to the player.

If I were Leith Griffiths I'd be looking at a new club. If he gets a chance. If he does well at the Euros. This is the definitive moment in his career. He's staring down the barrel of the gun, metaphorically.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021