1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

These posts along the lines of “aw if Griffiths was on the pitch we’d have won that game”. Because we’ve never dropped points when he’s played.

It’s painful reading.

Slaw likes this.
  2. wulliebad

28 shots on goal and only something like 8 or 10 being on target,with griff 20+ would have been on target.He nearly always works the keeper.

Dan Breen likes this.
  3. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Been a let down recently when we have needed him.

I would say that a fully fit and firing on all cylinders Griff would have made a difference in the games at Killie, DU and Wednesday night, just springing him for 30min would have given a totally different dimension.

4. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    The pictures of griff returning to celtic after covid showed that he wasnt fat, he might not of been 100% but surely thats the reason for the preseason friendlies. Ajetti looks heavier. I thought the treatment of griff was harsh. Lennon only has himself to blame. A whole song and dance was made about his mental health issues but rather than put his arm round him and tell him to get back into a routine quickly and up to speed, lenny chose to publicly embarrassed him. You reap what you sow and had lennon kept faith in the wee man he would of started the season with 2 strikers. We would be scoring goals for fun and probably still in the champions league.

All he had to do was start the season the same way he finished the last one. we were dominant and effective and week by week we were getting better. The game against sevco got called off and i believed that saved stevie g's job. I remember feeling then that we would destroy the scum as long as lenny didnt throw a spanner in the works with his formation and team selection. Hopefully the game on Wednesday has rattled lennon like the hun game at new year and he changes it back to that. If we dont start using our "squad players" then they cease to be squad players, they are simply a waste of money. Time to get it together celtic, getting griff back up and running would certainly help us secure our remaing objectives for this campaign

freitassen likes this.
  5. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Can't stand him anymore, Lennon mostly to blame but this guy left us in the lurch as well when we needed him most...ie today!

Dan Breen likes this.
  6. h0tsh0t87

Nobody knows what is happening with Griffiths has he did something we didn’t know about or is it just Lennon has fell out with him .

it was said that he was unfit and overweight so much so he was not able to go to France .. yet 1-2 weeks later not only did he look fit he looked in decent form . So we can assume that was not the truth from Lennon .

he had a birthday party for his partner or something like that again I find this hard to give him any blame for as try telling your misses she isn’t doing something will never end well .

apart from that there is nothing else said why he is away from the team except these injuries which I’m doubtful of ?

rogic fell out of favour with Lennon and his absence is explained as injury or unfit , ajeti and kilmara not playing not fit .

I can’t help but feel sorry for Griffiths as from the information that we have doesn’t explain why he’s not in the team but he is getting a lot of hate from supporters for it .

again I just highlight - Lennon treated Anthony stokes the same way , at hibs he tried to treat players a certain way but they revolted against him .

7. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Are we best cutting or losses with him and bringing in another striker if we are to go two up top.

Replacing him now with a player of similar quality to Ajeti might settle some nerves if a late move for eddie comes in and we are scrambing around for a replacement

Plus a griff on loan to a hibs for example can maybe bite the huns arses in games against them.

8. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    He’s had plenty of time from the start of the season until now, last last 10 days hopefully he’s been putting in the work, that’s physically. If he’s there mentally, only he knows.

9. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Guessing he has till a few days before the window shuts to show something or he'll be out the door, probably on loan.

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I’m not Lenny’s biggest fan, that much is clear. But that post there is just utter *.

It’s got to the point where Griffiths could get caught doing coke and leathering somebody the night before a match, and people would still be saying “the wee man deserves to start, he’s our best ever player get him in the team!”

Can you not just accept that he’s an unprofessional wee * who has nobody to blame but himself when it comes to his lack of fitness?

11. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Blame lies squarely with Griffiths here. Anyone trying to put this in Lennon is missing the bigger picture, imo.

You can have the best fitness coaches, and facilities, that money can buy, but ultimately if a player lacks the discipline needed to stay in shape, it won’t matter one bit.

Putting an arm around him worked reasonably well last season when he came back and forced his way into the team, but there is a limit to that. My expectations for Griffiths over the lockdown period weren’t for him to come back in better shape than ever, but it was hugely disappointing for him to come back so poorly conditioned after the faith Lennon and the fans had shown in him previously, particularly in such an important season.

12. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    A lot of blame rests with Griff but we shouldn't be cutting off our nose to spite our face, what he provides is invaluable if he can be got up to speed. Would be expensive to replace him with a player that would provide such a goal threat immediately. Him edoaurd ajeti and klimala and we are well stocked with different attributes in the attacking sense.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

13. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

I think he’ll work his way back in the team, looked good against Hibs pre-season game then just another injury set back.

We were by far at our best last season with Eddy and Griff up top so it will be good competition between Griff, Ajeti and Klimala.

cidermaster likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    With all the furore over the signings of Ajeti, Duffy and Turnbull it should not be forgotten that a fit and on form Griffiths will be a massive boost to the team. If we play 2 upfront it wouldnt surprise me if Griffiths gets ahead of Ajeti for a starting position before the end of the year. The wee gadgee from Edinburgh has behaved like be a bit of * but the fact is he is a lethal finisher and very good all round player.

16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Anyone blaming Lennon for the Griffiths situation is being stupid, plain and simple. It’s the equivalent of victim blaming. Griffiths is responsible for his own fitness and he didn’t live up to expectations.

17. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    100%. If we go 3-5-2 people think its a given that our front two will be Ajeti and Eddy. Dont underestimate the quality of Leigh Griffiths, if he gets himself fit and on form, Ajeti will have to be turning in first class performances to keep Griffiths out of the team.

Ajeti is a Swiss international who has played in the EPL, Griffiths is a wee gadgee from Edinburgh. In some peoples minds this actually matters and they will automatically presume Ajeti is a better player, the reality is that its very possible Griffiths will prove himself the better player.

CookieMonster likes this.
  18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    If we play 3-5-3 then maybe they can all play?

19. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

3-5-3? You must have no faith in Barkas or Bain to go completely keeperless :giggle1:

20. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    haha wrong key pressed:56::56: