1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    That doesn't mean he's unavailable it means he wasn't picked. Don't be a *.

2. romeo9535

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, Alan Thompson, John Hartson, Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 Leaf Clover, Willy Malley
    If I was Lenny, I would be putting an arm around him and asking him for one last huge push this season. He is a guarantee of goals.

I've only known of 1 player to come back from the cold shoulder from Lenny and it was Kris Commons. He was bombed out for nearly a whole season until just before the last hun game before they died. After that he was our top player for a couple of years

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  3. Conor tierney

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    What a disaster. If griffiths was on the pitch last night we win. Simple as that. Don’t know what’s going on with him, he looked great in the one appearance he made off the bench. With edouard basically gone I really hope we can sort something out and get him going one last time

4. h0tsh0t87

If he was ready for the season starting - in that Hibs game he looked fit and fine , someone so badly out of shape that he could become fit in 1-2 weeks Seems suspect ?

As I mentioned previously this isn’t the first time he has singled players out - stokes is a prime example that guy saved Lennons job the first time round at Kilmarnock , at Hibs the team revolted against him not just one player the team ...

Lennons favourites are all big characters and influences which is why they are always in the team , brown , mcgregor , Christie and to a extent forest .

Quieter players are often critised and dropped by Lennon , rogic fit for a while never giving game time , Sinclair the treatment of him was disgusting would even get game time in cup games made to sit on the bench every week ( similar to bale Treatment ) .

i like Lennon through and through but he has to stop hanging players out to dry :

5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Its quite worrying that his thread is at the top of the forum after last night.

The hard on our support have for a guy who hasnt been there when we need him so many times is incredible to be honest.

Regardless of what he has achieved in the past. If he comes back then fine, but I'm not going to beg he is back in the side. We had 2 strikers there ahead of him who weren't utilised.

6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Did you miss the interview where Lennon said he was a couple of weeks away before the Dundee Utd game? He can’t be * picked if he’s constantly a couple of weeks away can he?

7. freitassen

This assumes Lennon is speaking the truth. Which, at least in the case of Klimala, another "unfit" player, it obviously isn't.

littlekennie and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  8. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Wonder how Klimala would feel if Griffith's strolls in with his pot belly and gets a game ahead of him. Same for ajeti

9. Cesar67x www.Twitter.com/@GlasgowRebeltm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I defend this guy day after day after day, last night was my breaking point the guy had scottish football at his feet and he throws it aways last night was screaming for a player of his ability and where is he? No were to be seen. I am now in the camp of sell him and replace him. Thank you for all the great memories but your time is over leigh

10. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Said the same about ajeti who came on and scored a goal and was deemed fit enough to come on last night albeit far too late.

Anyhow the point I was making is regardless of griffiths current fitness level being short of 100% he'd have been better than no striker at all and still posed a bigger goal threat. So not sure what you're getting at really.

11. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Imagine he was fully fit from the start, we dont drop points at killie and we go through last night. So frustrating.

12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    And again you have completely missed the point.

13. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    I don't believe we can afford to disregard him to be honest, we don't seem capable of buying an immediate replacement for him. If he is close to being injury free then I think Lennon needs to put his arm around him and get the strength and conditioning team to literally work like * to get him fit, pencil in Livingston at home for him to make an appearance and start building up his minutes then . If we can have all strikers fit and firing we are well stocked for Europa League with edoaurd ajeti Griff and klimala .. edoaurd staying is another problem mind

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

14. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Clearly you missed mine which is what I touched on in the last post but ill leave it here.

15. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Doesn't really explain why he wasn't on the bench though. Griffiths is a predator, even when not fully fit. If Lennon had started with an actual striker (or two) on the field then having Griffiths on the bench might have made sense.

Feels like Klimala is someone else's signing and Lennon is making a point, but obviously not very well. Starting to wonder if it goes the same for Ajeti.

Not having a go at you on this, just completely confused by last night!

16. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Lennon said before the Dundee Utd game he was 2 weeks away, he is constantly 2 weeks away and it’s getting tiresome tbh.

17. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That's really my point. It feels (might be wrong) more like Lennon is stopping him playing for whatever reason than Griffiths not being ready.

But maybe you are saying the same thing!

18. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    No I think Griffiths isn’t match fit and is constantly picking up niggling injuries, if Lennon isn’t picking him due to something else then that’s a different issue altogether.

19. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Getting harder and harder to defend Leigh. We absolutely needed him last night and he let us down by not being their and ready. Last chance saloon now Leigh. Our love, support and patience is in no way indefinite

Dan Breen likes this.
  20. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Thanks for clarifying. OK. I'll go back to my original point then. I'd rather have the option of 30 mins of an unfit Griffiths from the bench than 2 other strikers that Lennon won't put on from the start (bit harsh on Ajeti), but hopefully that makes sense.

We'd have risked others fitness to an extent for the Champs League next round.

Morcombe likes this.