1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lee O'Connor

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Thumb, Sep 2, 2019.

Discuss Lee O'Connor in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Washed_Up_Footballer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Odsonne Edouard
    What is his preferred position seems that people are saying RB CB CM as he's played them all. Does this have a factor in him not getting a look in?

2. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The fact Frimpong signed on the exact same day and they play the same position and he’s been flung in kind of defeats their point as well.

Irish but... and ruined our reputation now :rip_1:

3. Foley1888

He is mainly a RB but has also played on the left as well as the other positions you mention. That has probably been part of the issue with getting him in the team.

I am not doubting what the posters who know his background are saying about how talented he is but given the current situation where he doesn’t seem to be in the squad in France, if we could get him a loan to a hibs, Motherwell or Aberdeen for the first 6months to see how he does, I would be all for it. It will let Lee showcase his talents and give him first team minutes in our league.

4. Ryanmcg84

Jesus * Christ!!!! Celtic supporters being criticised for being pro Irish!! * me!!

The 3 guys being mentioned are being

Gabriel likes this.
  5. Ryanmcg84

* me!!! Celtic supporters being criticised for being pro Irish!!

The 2 guys mostly being mentioned are O'connor and Connell due to the fact they came in with decent reputations having either played 1st team football, being involved with the senior squad for their country or were a part of a very successful international youth side and 1 in particular has a potential route into the squad seen as Bauer is away.

I mentioned Henderson earlier today so you must of missed that however the difference is Henderson was given a chance and also set up with what on paper looked a very decent loan club the fact he was there 6 months and was eventually not even making their squad probably explains why no one is shouting from the roof tops in a similar way to what they are about 2 lads who have came in with a bit of a reputation particularly over in Ireland

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Absolutely bizzare and can't mind the poster but he was scathing of the club and our league as well. A clown either way..

Whatever..

I'm sure Damien Duff will see to it that they are all around the next first team Irish squad.......

Valhalla likes this.
  7. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Completely false, I have constantly stated on here that first Robertson , Welsh , deas Johnson should be getting more game time, secondly I have said on here that afolabi is no way near ready for our first team and requires a full season loan, I have made little remark about connell because although talented midfield is stocked and he prob needs a loan, O'Connor in my opinion has not been managed appropriately that's just my opinion, I have seen a lot of O'Connor because I happen to be Irish and there is a lot of hype with this current group of under 21s, they are televising under 21 games on TV something that is normally never done, if O'Connor was Scottish , french or Moroccan my opinion wouldn't change, he is an unbelievable talent of frimpong proportions and one way or the other people will see that I just hope it's in the hoops ..

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Gabriel, The_Bhoy and Ryanmcg84 like this.
  8. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    Yep Robertson probably is but Mcinroy was well liked before the injury. Mcinroy is maybe a more powerful player, a bit stronger, though Robertson is a talented technical type. Hopefully both can get game time. Imo we don't push the youngsters enough as the likes of Euan Henderson came in a whole back, then out on loan but nothing lately

9. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Think Henderson needs to build up and think he needs a loan to a team who play ball rather than a Ross county, sending him to Motherwell for a year loan if we bought Turnbull may be an option

Scott smyth likes this.
  10. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    Yep maybe. It would need to be a team that likes to play football, not missing out the middle of the park. I would have liked to see him at maybe Hibs

Dublin Celt likes this.
  11. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Karamoko Dembele gets more attention than the 3 Irish guys put together. It's always been more acceptable to have a pop at Irishness even on a Celtic forum

Gyp Rosetti and Ryanmcg84 like this.
  12. Gerry1972 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    What's the deal with Lee?

Anyone know how far he is away from being in and around the first team squad? Would it be another loan?

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

It's all a bit weird. Should be ahead of Ralston in the pecking order.

We needed 3 RB's last season and we'll need 3 again this season. Having Ralston anywhere near our team gives me the fear so hopefully O'Connor gets a chance.

Mr Shelby and Slaw like this.
  14. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Thought he would have been involved today. Surely he is ahead of Ralston?

Dan Breen likes this.
  15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Welsh and Ralston ahead of him in the pecking order at CB/RB. Even McInroy and Robertson playing LB while he’s not used. All this after not starting for Partick...

Maybe he’s not the world beater some claimed.

Just hope our reputation can survive it.

16. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Surely he must be injured rather than omitted from the squad?

17. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    He hasn't been involved in training or games with the first team, don't think he's been in Scotland with covid lockdown. An absolute baller, lot of people were surprised with connell today , wait until you check this guy out

18. duffyfaedenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    are you his da.

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. Nialler

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Troy Parrott turns down a move to Celtic to go to the mighty Millwall. I was only telling the truth. Celtics reputation has taken a hit and young lads here are not keen on going north now. (He's the second or third in the last couple of weeks)

And if people think I am being scathing of the scottish leeague they should hear me talk about the Irish league :)