1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ladislav Almasi

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Thumb, Jul 14, 2022.

Discuss Ladislav Almasi in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    The Slovakia international plundered 16 goals in his debut season for Banik last year, chipping in with three assists. It's believed Postecoglou is keen to add another striker to his ranks, with Swiss misfit Albian Ajeti likely to be offloaded before the transfer window shuts in September. But the Aussie-Greek kept his cards close to his chest when questioned about a potential swoop.

Asked if he could confirm or deny Celtic's interest, Postecoglou said: "No, I don’t because I get asked these questions every day and there is a new player every day. We’re still working in the background and hopefully we’ll get some new players in."

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/...adislav-almasi-celtic-transfer-links-24490674

Liam Scales and Selik_Selleck like this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

This is one we won’t hear about for a bit then he’s in the door and signed

Coy Ange Postecoglou remained tight-lipped over Celtic 's rumoured interest in Czech striker Ladislav Almasi after their victory over Banik Ostrava on Wednesday night.

The Hoops had been loosely linked with the towering frontman in the days leading up to the friendly clash with Almasi in line to feature against Postecoglou and his team. He was named in the starting lineup and caused a few problems for the Celtic back line. However, it was the Parkhead side who emerged victorious on the road - winning 4-2 thanks in part to a stunning acrobatic strike from Giorgos Giakoumakis.

Postecoglou is in the market for a new striker although there has been little substance to the Almasi links as yet, with rumours circling on social media coinciding with the two sides meeting in Ostrava. But that didn't stop a tenacious Czech reporter from putting the Parkhead boss on the spot after the game, asking if he cared to comment on the reported interest.

"No, I don’t," Postecoglou responded. "I get asked these questions every day and there is a new player every day. We’re still working in the background and hopefully we’ll get some new players in."

Liam Scales likes this.
  3. celtic warrior

6ft5 young....know absolutely * all about the lad.

Whether his height would mean he'd also have the physicality to his game like say Giakoumakis does is one thing as you could that type of guy doing well domestically when used.

Not sure what else he would offer as tbh again, know * all about him.

4. horseshoe

Did he stand out at all against us yesterday?

5. Gazzi79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hart

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

6. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Not got a single bit of interest in this at all think he offers height and little else

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Dublin Celt likes this.
  7. Lochlin Mcghee

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of honour
    Possibly the friendly game against them was used to sweeten a potential transfer? Out of all the clubs they choose as well it was us.

8. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Only because he looked twice the size of all of our defenders ha

9. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Could he be an Irish soldier lad(ie)slav

Artorias likes this.
  10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Didn't do much yesterday but thats not fair to judge him on..

CCV handled his height well as he does with many.

For about £1m as an extra option I wouldn't say no.

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Think he got one header off service wise..

We were that dominant it was hard to judge as mentioned..

Would score a lot for us i reckon..

12. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    CCV had him in his pocket, but it does mean that defenders need to be right on him to mark him, which means others get a look in. Case in point, their first goal.

Think he would be handy in certain circumstances, however, we saw it last year we got a bit cross happy at times to Kyogo after GG was the CF for awhile, and that isn’t what we need to be delivering to Kyogo.

So I say yes with caution, but it also means that we don’t get a flexible forward.

13. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Record saying he's the backup if we don't bring in Cho.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic will reportedly look to previous target Ladislav Almasi if their pursuit of Cho Gue-sung doesn't go to plan.

Ange Postecoglou is believed to be in the market for a new striker after Record Sportrevealed Giorgos Giakoumakis' contract talks broke down, leaving the club open to January offers for the Greek. Postecoglou hasn't started Giakoumakis since returning from the World Cup break with firing Kyogo the firm favourite up front and if he does leave, they seem likely to sign another front man.

Back in the summer though they were linked with Banik Ostrava striker Almasi, who has been firing in the goals for the Czech side. He featured against the Hoops in a summer friendly and Postecoglou was even directly asked if he was interested in the towering striker by local media.

He dodged that question and no offer arrived but fresh reports in the Czech Republic claim he is the plan B if their pursuit of Gue-Sung doesn't go to plan. It comes from Rudolf Ludvik, who has a following for covering Banik Ostrava stories on social media and has frequently covered Celtic's reported interest.

The news comes amid alternative reports claiming Gue-Sung is on the radar of Fenerbahce and Rennes, although it's widely believed Celtic are still favourites. If they do end up looking to Almasi instead, Ludvik claims it will cost Celtic around €2.5m (£2.2m) to land the 23-year-old who has five goals in seven appearances this season.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Decent big player. Would do well for us..

Cho looks the better fit though. Quicker. Presses. Can play the channels. More potential..

If Jackie was wanting away then why no both players..

CookieMonster and Hammy89 like this.
  16. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
  17. Foley1888

I was watching footage of him earlier today based on the Czech reporter quoted in the article. I believe he made the claim that Almasi was our plan be a couple of weeks ago.

I like what I see of him when considering what we ask our striker to do. At 6’7 he is a giant and is pretty good at using his presence in the box to dominate aerially. However on the ground he looks a composed finisher and given his long stride covers the ground fairly quickly.

It is based off limited footage but he wouldn’t be a bad Giakoumakis replacement if he did leave. A good but younger, just breaking into the Slovakian national team and seems to be getting more prolific season on season. His overall record is 1 in 2 but more recently he is a good bit better than that.

Plus at Celtic he will get a lot more chances. An added bonus it looks like he can take a penalty.

18. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Against teams that park the bus he can just stand in the box and we’ll launch baws aff his heed

The_Bhoy likes this.
  19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    If Giakoumakis really wants off then I'd bring this guy in and Cho. You'd probably get both for a combined £5m.

CookieMonster, Mr Hoopy and Rydo1888* like this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member